"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Tonight i will eat some processed breaded stuffed chicken. And i took a piece of maandazi from the freezer which i will eat with some butter and brown (sugar)
    What is "maandazi"?

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

What is "maandazi"?
      A puffy cake
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Br Zi-zizou - Can you stop being so negative please?

(We're all trying).
        Just trying to keep it real sister definable. You are all fully grown adults behaving like little kids unable to say no when offered some candy.

Empty your pockets of money, you will quickly learn what is important to eat and what is not.

Comment

• Fakhri
          Fakhri commented
          Editing a comment
          Even though I can maybe see why you would be making these comments, I have to say it's a little bit unfair br Zi-zizou... if we eat a certain way for a very long time, is it really quite as easy as just saying no? There are other things going on as well for a lot of people and we're not all strong and weak in the same ways.

(Thinking of people close to me who have or have had a very difficult time trying to clean up their diets over the years but keep regressing after putting in so much effort.)
          Last edited by Fakhri; 21-09-18, 11:12 PM.

• zi-zizou
          zi-zizou commented
          Editing a comment
          :-(

What you are saying is that when you have had it so easy for so long it's not easy to go cold turkey. I understand bro.

Originally posted by aynina View Post

A puffy cake
        You know what they say..."puffy cake = puffy cheeks".

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Just trying to keep it real sister definable. You are all fully grown adults behaving like little kids unable to say no when offered some candy.

Empty your pockets of money, you will quickly learn what is important to eat and what is not.
          Some people struggle with self-control. You don't need to be so ... discourteous.

Comment

• zi-zizou
            zi-zizou commented
            Editing a comment
            Self control or self harm?

It sure is tempting to jump on the bandwagon especially given that I have had a very good past record for not even coming close to sugar and recently I have found myself losing interest in my chocolate ice creams....

I guess when I finish my next batch of five Ill join as well in shaa Allah.
          Watch those eyes

Comment

• Indefinable
            Indefinable commented
            Editing a comment
            In Sha Allaah.

Since the beginning of August, I've lost 10 kilos by not eating added sugar or flour. I can eat anything else I want in any quantity, even dairy.

I try to walk at least a mile or two a day as well. I've been injured for the past 3 weeks so I can't exercise, but I found even just walking helps up the metabolism and burn off calories.

Individual body chemistry determines a lot of how we react to diet and changes to it. Sugar and caffeine are highly addictive for me. If I don't have the same amount every day at the same hour, then I get bad headaches.

The no sugar, no flour diet really works. I'm sleeping better, losing weight and feeling less tired throughout the day.

Al-Hamdu li-Llahi.

Comment

Brother Zi-zizou - you can blame the individual for lack of self restraint, if it makes you feel good.

But it can't be denied that "sugar" is addictive and is added to almost everything available. Most of society is conditioned to turn to sweet things. And it takes time and effort and a strong will to get rid of years of this "conditioning".

Recently there was a petition to get the sugary foods off of the aisles near the tills in the supermarket. This is because, by placing them there - customers were more prone to buying them (subconconsciously). Therefore their consumption of sugar intake would increase.

Also - in times of celebration or sadness - we are "told" to eat something sweet.

Perhaps there is a worldwide conspiracy - Keep one half of the population dependent on the obviously harmful substances like cocaine, etc, and the other half dependent on the hidden drug, like sugar(?)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
              Since the beginning of August, I've lost 10 kilos by not eating added sugar or flour. I can eat anything else I want in any quantity, even dairy.

I try to walk at least a mile or two a day as well. I've been injured for the past 3 weeks so I can't exercise, but I found even just walking helps up the metabolism and burn off calories.

Individual body chemistry determines a lot of how we react to diet and changes to it. Sugar and caffeine are highly addictive for me. If I don't have the same amount every day at the same hour, then I get bad headaches.

The no sugar, no flour diet really works. I'm sleeping better, losing weight and feeling less tired throughout the day.

Al-Hamdu li-Llahi.
              Alhamdulillaah - I'm glad you have found what works for you brother.

Yes, exactly - everyone's individual body chemistry is different. Some people are susceptible to getting addicted more easily than others too.

May Allaah grant you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for your insight.

Comment

• AbuNajm
                AbuNajm commented
                Editing a comment
                Ameen.

Afwan.

Going fine so far
              No sugar no caffine no bad carbs or fats
              ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Fakhri
                Fakhri commented
                Editing a comment
                Alhamdulillah. (Are you still able to hit those calories you mentioned before?)

• abufulaans
                abufulaans commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you mean the 3500?

No akhi, I am just cutting now, on about 2500 max in an 8 hour window

Some people struggle with self-control. You don't need to be so ... discourteous.
              I'm sure he struggles
              Just not with food
              ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

That's pretty healthy. Low carbs, low fat, low sugar. No caffeine.

How do you get your 2500 calories? Vegetables and salad?

Comment

Since your challenge started, I've been eating double the amount of sugar. Looks like I've been eatng your lots share....
                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                  Since your challenge started, I've been eating double the amount of sugar. Looks like I've been eatng your lots share....
                  Really? How come? Did something happen?

Comment

Really? How come? Did something happen?
                    I think it's something to do with the weather. When its cold I have more sugary treats. Only way I can justify it.
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X