No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried but especially during the holiday period when you got all these sweet stuff right in your face temptation is bad!

Comment

• Day 21 I think. I started a day before fakhari and I’m 6 days behind so technically I’m 5 days behind him. That’s how I’m keeping up.Fakhri-bin-Ali I’m counting on you to stay on track so I don’t loose count 😬

I feel good and I’m back on track and busy doing a million things so I think I’ll be fine from here.

I’ll be honest though Any treat I had has been sugar free in these last couple of days. Technically there is no real sugar in them so maybe it’s cheating but I’m still on track. I’ve found a loop hole!

Comment

• Originally posted by sajid View Post
        Tried but especially during the holiday period when you got all these sweet stuff right in your face temptation is bad!
        Yeah. Too much. I don't know how it is with Pakistanis but with Bengalis anytime people come over you get bags of sweets and chocolates, cakes (along with fruit), etc.

They're apparently planning on banning unhealthy snacks from next to checkouts. Not sure how much of a difference it'll make for people but at least it's something, even if a while away yet.
        ​​​https://amp.theguardian.com/business...ets-in-england

My brother was on this with me but there were just too many chocolate and snacks piled up in the kitchen.

I think it was the shiny gold wrappers in those Ferrero Rocher boxes winking at him each time he passed by that did it in the end. :|

16 days I think, for him.

Can't say I wasn't disappointed, since he'd said he reckoned it would be a breeze when he'd taken the challenge.

Don't let the team down, the rest of you!
        ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
          Day 21 I think. I started a day before fakhari and I’m 6 days behind so technically I’m 5 days behind him. That’s how I’m keeping up.Fakhri-bin-Ali I’m counting on you to stay on track so I don’t loose count 😬

I feel good and I’m back on track and busy doing a million things so I think I’ll be fine from here.

I’ll be honest though Any treat I had has been sugar free in these last couple of days. Technically there is no real sugar in them so maybe it’s cheating but I’m still on track. I’ve found a loop hole!

Give them an inch, they'll take a mile. :|
          Highlight above to reveal hidden thoughts.^

No. Keep going, sister, for as long as possible, inshaa'Allah, as much as possible.

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 28. Alhamdulillaah.

Was wavering for a moment yesterday about having a glass of apple juice offered. Had to put it down untouched when they'd gone... The little ones know by now I'm avoiding sugar but they're coming over at different times in the day offering me their little chocolates and those little fizzy sweets they like so much, maybe hoping they can make me have one forgetfully(!)
            ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
              Day 28. Alhamdulillaah.

Was wavering for a moment yesterday about having a glass of apple juice offered. Had to put it down untouched when they'd gone... The little ones know by now I'm avoiding sugar but they're coming over at different times in the day offering me their little chocolates and those little fizzy sweets they like so much, maybe hoping they can make me have one forgetfully(!)
              ​​
              They are cheeky, these small people, don't underestimate them
              It's because they KNOW you aren't going to eat their favourite sweets that's why they're teasing

That's my theory

My little friends don't offer me goodies because they know what I am *whispers* *addict*

Sometimes I ask them and it will be a sharp 'NO!!!'

As if I want their touched chocolate anyways

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                Day 21 I think. I started a day before fakhari and I’m 6 days behind so technically I’m 5 days behind him. That’s how I’m keeping up.Fakhri-bin-Ali I’m counting on you to stay on track so I don’t loose count 😬

Aren't you eating natural sugars?
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Day 30

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• You guys have been doing really well. Ma Sha Allah.

Comment

• If John has 9 chocolate bars, Sarah has 17, and Damien 26 what do they have?
                      Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Diabetes
                        Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Maths tutoring is available btw

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Aren't you eating natural sugars?
                            I am but sometimes you just need a cookie. I got these sugar free ones. I guess they use stevia.

ive also started cutting down on carbs in general and trying to eat more protein this past week or so and it’s actually really helped take away cravings.

Comment

• I think I’ll start this too Insha allah. I did quit sugar in my hot drinks two years ago and haven’t brought any white sugar in my house since then so maybe it’s time for the next step

I will find bread & pasta hard to quit though :|
                              Last edited by Layla_; 02-01-21, 03:56 PM.
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Right, time to do this In Sha Allah. Reduce sugar but not saying no to it.

Forge ahead!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X