"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
    has anyone found that cutting out sugar has made some things taste different? I've reduced my sugar intake and I find on the occasions that I do have a bit of milk chocolate, it tastes too sweet like it's too sugary. In the past, I always felt like dark chocolate didn't taste sweet enough but milk chocolate tastes just right. Now I feel like certain milk chocolate brands taste a little too sweet. I still feel like dark chocolate isn't sweet enough for my liking but I have it sometimes when I want chocolate but am trying to avoid the extra sugar content of milk chocolate.
    Definitely. Your 'tolerance' for sweetness decreases.
    I useto eat white chocolate, then stopped and now I found it disgustingly sweet.
    And now I find milk chocolate too sweet and have started to sway towards dark chocolate. Mind you I do eat a lot of sweet stuff but I have significantly decreased the amount of chocolate I eat over the years.

When my dad was first diagnosed with diabetes he started to use sweetners in his tea. The nurse told him to stop using sweetners as well in order to cut out any sweet tastes from his diet, that would be the only way to rid yourself of sweet cravings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

Definitely. Your 'tolerance' for sweetness decreases.
      I useto eat white chocolate, then stopped and now I found it disgustingly sweet.
      And now I find milk chocolate too sweet and have started to sway towards dark chocolate. Mind you I do eat a lot of sweet stuff but I have significantly decreased the amount of chocolate I eat over the years.

When my dad was first diagnosed with diabetes he started to use sweetners in his tea. The nurse told him to stop using sweetners as well in order to cut out any sweet tastes from his diet, that would be the only way to rid yourself of sweet cravings.
      That might explain why diabetics are advised to not buy diabetic chocolate. I've never liked white chocolate.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
        I slipped and as I was falling I grabbed onto a tablecloth..unfortunately it pulled down the bag of maltesers that was on the table and the contents emptied into my mouth and my jaws didnt realise they were crunching them and I had no option but to swallow the lot. I was so distraught that I ended up scoffing a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to get over it.

Ok.

Next time, just don't leave bags of maltesers on tables with tablecloths.
        ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Tbh, I was kind of hoping we'd all sail through this without much trouble... And maybe move on to something else.

Let's all all keep going inshaa'Allah.

Much better off without these things.
          I know we say in moderation, but for a lot of us that becomes more than in moderation.

​​​​​​
          ------------
          Almost forgot.

Can we also be very careful to keep packets of maltesers off our tables.
          Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 24-12-20, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
            Tbh, I was kind of hoping we'd all sail through this without much trouble... And maybe move on to something else.

Let's all all keep going inshaa'Allah.

Much better off without these things.
            I know we say in moderation, but for a lot of us that becomes more than in moderation.

​​​​​​
            I can cut carbs easily alhumduilillah perhaps that can be our next challenge?

My post probably sounds like I eat a lot of sugar but I don't. I know even a small amount of poison can be lethal but I seem to tell myself a tiny bit of sweet stuff is ok. Even with the Paksitani desserts I will have just a few spoons.

You know when a little neice or nephew has baked something (sweet) and then comes and drops it off and asks you how it tasted, how can you not try what they made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

(Could you share pics/details of NZ chocolate on the other thread please, I'm interested in knowing more about what kind of chocolate other people eat in different countries)

InshaAllah will do. Might be in a few days though shops are closed today
              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Remind me InshaAllah
                Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  has anyone found that cutting out sugar has made some things taste different? I've reduced my sugar intake and I find on the occasions that I do have a bit of milk chocolate, it tastes too sweet like it's too sugary. In the past, I always felt like dark chocolate didn't taste sweet enough but milk chocolate tastes just right. Now I feel like certain milk chocolate brands taste a little too sweet. I still feel like dark chocolate isn't sweet enough for my liking but I have it sometimes when I want chocolate but am trying to avoid the extra sugar content of milk chocolate.

Definitely, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

InshaAllah will do. Might be in a few days though shops are closed today
                    Ok, its not urgent (lol) and you don't have to if you can't

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Day 22.

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• day 18

Im doing good. The cake was the last thing I knew I was going to eat that had sugar in it so I think I will be all good from here. I was on vacation so I wanted to live my life.

That being said, as someone who usually doesn't have a very good relationship with food I know that abstaining from sugar could lead me back into some bad habits that I used to have. Ive been trying not to obsess over food so much because it really really stresses me out. So if I'm held back a couple more days, it's because I'm trying not to go crazy thinking about "good" and "bad" foods. But I''ll try my best to continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Ok, its not urgent (lol) and you don't have to if you can't
                          Tried to upload an image but said file was too big

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Tried to upload an image but said file was too big

Noooooooo
                            I have been waiting for so long

Is it possible to give me an in-depth description, the texture, the colour the everything

Lmso

(Don't tell anyone but you can actually screenshot it and then post it, I'll see ya on the other thread just incase the no sugar gang tell me off )

​​​​​

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Day 24.

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 26.

Alhamdulillaah. Hope we're all sticking with it and not finding it too difficult.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X