No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the diabetic foods like biscuits and chocolates have (artificial) sweetners in them to replace the sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I avoid diabetic chocolate. My mum subscribes to the Diabetes UK magazine and they warned against diabetic chocolates and sweets years ago. I can't remember why but they said it wasn't good.

I think for migraine days when I need something sweet, I'd like to replace the chocolate with amaretti as it's small and I think the almond content would make it more of a slow releasing sugar but I can't find gluten free ones these days. Tesco don't sell them anymore.
      I wonder why. I haven't seen them lately. This was years ago and one of the ingredients was xylitol.

It was in a little fancy box.

I was thinking of suggesting grated coconut, back home they grate fresh coconut to make fob, a traditional fried snack made with flour dough into crescent shapes. We add sugar syrup to the grated coconut then make the crescent parcels.

I am not into those, I prefer savoury somosas.

​​​​​​
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Day 15.

Alhamdulillah.

​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Day 17.

Alhamdulillah.

Comment

• Day 18.

Alhamdulillaah.
            ​​​​​​
            Hope everyone else is sticking to it without issue.

Comment

• You live once,Eat whatever you want lol
              NO RACISM

Comment

• Day 15 and doing alright.

I missed 4 days so far. I’ve been doing the theme park thing so I ate sugar on some of those days and I went to my neighbor one day and she force fed me kenefe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElNino View Post
                  You have only one body, Eat carefully lol
                  ^Corrected.

Day 19.

Alhamdulillaah.

Been eating more nuts, grapes and berries since starting this. All​​​​ you need, really, instead of chocolats and cakes and all the rest of those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElNino View Post
                    You live once,Eat whatever you want lol
                    Unfortunately it's not that simple. Our bodies have rights over us, as do our families, dependants and the community at large. If due to our unhealthy diet and abusing our bodies, we end up unable to fulfil our obligations then we will be accountable for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                      Day 15 and doing alright.

I missed 4 days so far. I’ve been doing the theme park thing so I ate sugar on some of those days and I went to my neighbor one day and she force fed me kenefe.
                      I miss count. I’m on day 16. Almost half way there 🥳🥳🥳

We should celebrate!

sliced apples anyone? 😢

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I miss count. I’m on day 16. Almost half way there 🥳🥳🥳

We should celebrate!
                        in shaa ALLAH

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

sliced apples anyone? 😢

Alhamdulillah wa ma shaa ALLAH for your sliced apples and you know that their are famines in the world were people are starving to death due to lack of food and a sliced apple would be a luxury for them. We are all most extremely fortunate that ALLAH AL-RAZZAQ has provided for us all most extremely well always ma shaa ALLAH and that we will never ever suffer from a lack of food always in the future in shaa ALLAH.

Assalamu Alaykom Sister
                        Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 23-12-20, 09:20 AM.
                        ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

• Day 20.

It's all over.

​​​​​​

Sugar was eaten.

It has ended in failure.

​​​​

Well, not really over, but I did have something yesterday without realising. Was messing about with my niece and nephew throwing a few of their Cheerios into the air and catching them in my mouth.

I took a few more without thinking and ate them, wondering why they tasted so good... Then I realised.

Also had a little bit of ketchup forgetfully last week and some baked beans in a hurry without it crossing my mind.

Nothing deliberate though, so Alhamdulillaah, still pressing on.
                          Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 23-12-20, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                            Day 20.

It's all over.

​​​​​​

Sugar was eaten.

It has ended in failure.

​​​​

Well, not really over, but I did have something yesterday without realising. Was messing about with my niece and nephew throwing a few of their Cheerios into the air and catching them in my mouth.

I took a few more without thinking and ate them, wondering why they tasted so good... Then I realised.

Also had a little bit of ketchup forgetfully last week and some baked beans in a hurry without it crossing my mind.

Nothing deliberate though, so Alhamdulillaah, still pressing on.
                            It's not a failure. It's just one cheat day. The fact you kept it up for so long and intend to continue keep it up means you've made progress and are persevering still. It would be a failure if you just gave up and switched back to sugar again and again.

I couldn't do what you're doing, though I am trying to cut my sugar intake as best I can. You achieved a lot by making it this far.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

It's not a failure. It's just one cheat day. The fact you kept it up for so long and intend to continue keep it up means you've made progress and are persevering still. It would be a failure if you just gave up and switched back to sugar again and again.

I couldn't do what you're doing, though I am trying to cut my sugar intake as best I can. You achieved a lot by making it this far.
                              I must've had about 7 or 8 Cheerios forgetfully, and a little bit of ketchup, again, forgetfully. Same with the baked beans., It only registered afterwards that I'd eaten sugar (on different days.)

Kind of like eating forgetfully during Ramadhan.
                              Doesn't break the fast. Not counting it as a cheat day/s either, if I'm honest, since it wasn't deliberate on each occasion.

Alhamdulillaah.it's actually been much less of a challenge than expected, to this point.

(I'm glad sister is being restrictive with the sugar intake. I honestly think 'dependencies' on these things make our general frame of mind negative as well. The fewer unnecessary things we have attachments to, the freer and lighter a person feels, imo.)

​​​​

Comment

• *casually backs away from thread as has chocolate in freezer and is planning to eat it*
                                Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X