Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    Day 7

I'm actually doing great but I still don't feel very hungry even when I under eat.

I always tell myself I'm not going to track calories anymore but I always end up doing in just to see how much I've eaten and my intake has been too low basically every day so I always end up eating at night. I literally just had a whole bag of chips (chips as in crisps not chips as in fries) which I know is counter productive but I still don't know if I reached my calorie goal.

I did feel less tired today but here's the thing, in the past when cut off sugar I noticed a difference in the way I looked but I'm not really getting that this time.

But still eating sugar makes me feel awful and I noticed my skin looks much better so that's a good reason to keep going.
    What I'd do myself in the past to increase calories was to add a little extra olive oil in my food where I could.

Yes, usually it's quite noticeable, I've found, re: physical appearance, after going a while without sugar, but I also tended to eat a lot cleaner in general when I did it. This time, I've found myself eating some not so healthy foods a little more than usual - mostly leftover food that'll go to waste otherwise.

InshaaAllah, those positive physical effects will become more apparent for us all as we progress.

I'm glad this thread's still about and that sister posted that first message about starting... In a strange way Sr Ya'sin also played a part in this since her sugar thread caused me to post on this, which in turn led to sister posting as well and this challenge being set in motion.

Alhamdulillah.

​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Br Simply_Logical Did you decide to do the no sugar ?

If not, maybe you could set yourself an achievable target in reducing sugar / fizzy drinks for a certain number of days and post here regularly to help you keep going...
      ​​​​​
      ​​​​​​Br Abisali same as above... ?

I hope you've been alright with your health and work lately as well, brother, btw.
      Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 10-12-20, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
        Br Simply_Logical Did you decide to do the no sugar ?

If not, maybe you could set yourself an achievable target in reducing sugar / fizzy drinks for a certain number of days and post here regularly to help you keep going...
        ​​​​​
        ​​​​​​Br Abisali same as above... ?

I hope you've been alright with your health and work lately as well, brother, btw.
        yea well i might join later but not feeling at the moment if im being completely honest

Comment

What I'd do myself in the past to increase calories was to add a little extra olive oil in my food where I could.

Yes, usually it's quite noticeable, I've found, re: physical appearance, after going a while without sugar, but I also tended to eat a lot cleaner in general when I did it. This time, I've found myself eating some not so healthy foods a little more than usual - mostly leftover food that'll go to waste otherwise.

InshaaAllah, those positive physical effects will become more apparent for us all as we progress.

I'm glad this thread's still about and that sister posted that first message about starting... In a strange way Sr Ya'sin also played a part in this since her sugar thread caused me to post on this, which in turn led to sister posting as well and this challenge being set in motion.

Alhamdulillah.
          Yeah I have the same problem. I don’t eat as cleanly as I used to.

but yes the olive oil trick is a very good one. but I feel like I have such a phobia of over doing it with oils. It’s very weird but I know that it’s easy to take in a couple hundred calories from it without even realizing. And you know if I’m gonna eat more I might as well eat something I like.

That day that I knew I would eat sugar in is coming up soon. Coming into this I knew that there would be 2 days that I was going to eat it. Does it still count? I’m gonna say it does and not be discouraged.
          Last edited by aelmo; 10-12-20, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Yeah I have the same problem. I don’t eat as cleanly as I used to.

but yes the olive oil trick is a very good one. but I feel like I have such a phobia of over doing it with oils. It’s very weird but I know that it’s easy to take in a couple hundred calories from it without even realizing. And you know if I’m gonna eat more I might as well eat something I like.

That day that I knew I would eat sugar in is coming up soon. Coming into this I knew that there would be 2 days that I was going to eat it. Does it still count? I’m gonna say it does and not be discouraged.

40 days*.

(With the asterisk in very faded grey! )

No. Go for it, sister. The point is to rid ourselves of the habit of eating sugar. If sister wants, maybe add an extra few days to the 40 to 'compensate' mentally.
            Thanks for posting on here, btw, with updates, and definitely for that initial post to get things going.
            (baarakallaah feek.)
            ​​​​​​
            Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 10-12-20, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• well i got some herbal teas, so im at least planning to have them without sugar bit mehh but Alhamdulillah Allahumma Barek got to start somewhere eh!

Comment

40 days*.

No. Go for it, sister. The point is to rid ourselves of the habit of eating sugar. If sister wants, maybe add an extra few days to the 40 to 'compensate' mentally.
                Thanks for posting on here, btw, with updates, and definitely for that initial post to get things going.
                (baarakallaah feek.)
                ​​​​​​
                I should have added earlier that I'm optimistic sister (and others) will find herself continuing beyond the 40 days anyway, inshaaAllah, so that number will be achieved regardless(!).

​​​​​---------
                Day 8.
                Going well, alhamdulillah.
                Been eating more carefully overall as well.

Comment

40 days*.

(baarakallaah feek.)
                  ​​​​​​
                  Ok good Alhamdullillah.

Its alright. Its better to put updates for motivation.

I was planning on adding other days at the end and I was actually just planning on continuing this beyond the 40 days as you said but I want it to be 90% of the time I don't have sugar and 10% of the time I can have it. I think that's fair.

That being said I had sugar yesterday. I didn't plan on it and I could have resisted but my sister's student got her a lavender cake. It was purple with bits of real lavender on top. I tried it out of sheer curiosity. I shouldn't have but I did. Could you resist a purple cake with little lavender things on it? I don't think so.

This was probably not the right time to do this challenge because I'm on vacation but despite that I am going to try my best to not eat sugar most days!

Today I'm doing good! I believe its day 8 for me now.

Comment

• I'm going to test your resolve peeps
                    Ferrero Collection 15 Pieces - £5 each or 3 for £10 @ Morrisons​​​​​​

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fer...ontent=3620523

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                      I'm going to test your resolve peeps
                      Ferrero Collection 15 Pieces - £5 each or 3 for £10 @ Morrisons​​​​​​

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fer...ontent=3620523
                      Wrong thread. It's the other one you want.

Comment

• On Day 10.

Had some more refusing to do yesterday... Homemade banana cake this time... Ah well.

(Glad it wasn't purple with little bits of lavender. :p)

Alhamdulillah, going well, though, it seems.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. Seems to be going as well as can be.

Comment

• I also find that when I don't have sugar I don't feel hungry. Alhumdulillah it has been going ok. I say ok because a once or twice last week I did have a tiny bit of something with sugar. InshaAllah this week I am going to restrict it to no sugar.

Well done to the rest of you (mashaAllah) for doing so well.

Comment

• Look at you goody two shoes

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say that I made overnight porridge
                              porridge
                              Yoghurt
                              Raisins
                              Milk (I had to use semi skimmed cow lol) would have used almond milk instead if we had any
                              mixed it and keep in the fridge until the morning or a few hours

You can make your own recipes with any fruit or even peanut butter

I hope i inspire someone
                              ​​​​​​

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                                Look at you goody two shoes

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say that I made overnight porridge
                                porridge
                                Yoghurt
                                Raisins
                                Milk (I had to use semi skimmed cow lol) would have used almond milk instead if we had any
                                mixed it and keep in the fridge until the morning or a few hours

You can make your own recipes with any fruit or even peanut butter

I hope i inspire someone
                                ​​​​​​

almond milk is meh,i prefer cashew nut milk, thats really nice!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X