"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    For the fizzy drink addicts - Sparkling water with squash! Works a treat.
    One of my sibling's is a coke ADDICT
    the withdrawal symptoms are the soda trick isn't good enough for these coke addicts, they need serious help

Alhamdulillah I didn't go down that path but I still get judged (lol)

All I had was one bar of [name]

Also, with sugar free squash, it is packed with those artificial sweeteners which aren't great :/

Guess it depends on how often you drink it
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Day 4

I’ve lost my appetite. And I feel like I haven’t been eating enough food for the past 2 days.

it’s nice to see that honey is allowed. But I feel ok in terms of resisting.

Comment

• I just can't go sugar free altogether as it's just too impractical but I have been cutting down my sugar intake. I used to have two teaspoons of sugar in my tea twice a day with a chocolate bar. Now I have one third of a teaspoon of sugar in tea once a day with an ajwa date. Most days that seems to be okay. I have a little ketchup whenever I have fish fingers, scampi or chips (ketchup and imli sauce contain sugar, so do sweet and sour sauces, pasta sauces and several ready meals) a couple of times a week. Most days that seems to work. Alhamdullilah for the most part, I no longer have cravings for desserts like cakes or biscuits etc.

I'm okay with drinks, gave up sodas long ago. I drink water most of the time, tea once a day and a couple of times a week I have a smoothie containing banana, hemp milk, cacao powder and avocado. The cacao powder gives it a chocolatey taste, the avocado makes it thick and rich and a good ripe banana gives it enough sweetness (if it isn't enough then I add a drop or two of stevia) so I have that smoothie every few days.

My problem is whenever I get headaches, migraines or my time of the month, then I feel the need for chocolate. If I try to avoid sugar and have just savoury snacks with my aspirin, it doesn't work and the headache doesn't seem to subside until I get a proper hit of sweetness. This is my weakness that occurs a few days each month and I've not found a proper remedy for it yet. I might try and replace the milk chocolate with amoretti if I can find a wheat free version. It contains sugar but a little goes a long way so I don't need much of it.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
          I just can't go sugar free altogether as it's just too impractical but I have been cutting down my sugar intake. I used to have two teaspoons of sugar in my tea twice a day with a chocolate bar. Now I have one third of a teaspoon of sugar in tea once a day with an ajwa date. Most days that seems to be okay. I have a little ketchup whenever I have fish fingers, scampi or chips (ketchup and imli sauce contain sugar, so do sweet and sour sauces, pasta sauces and several ready meals) a couple of times a week. Most days that seems to work. Alhamdullilah for the most part, I no longer have cravings for desserts like cakes or biscuits etc.

I'm okay with drinks, gave up sodas long ago. I drink water most of the time, tea once a day and a couple of times a week I have a smoothie containing banana, hemp milk, cacao powder and avocado. The cacao powder gives it a chocolatey taste, the avocado makes it thick and rich and a good ripe banana gives it enough sweetness (if it isn't enough then I add a drop or two of stevia) so I have that smoothie every few days.

My problem is whenever I get headaches, migraines or my time of the month, then I feel the need for chocolate. If I try to avoid sugar and have just savoury snacks with my aspirin, it doesn't work and the headache doesn't seem to subside until I get a proper hit of sweetness. This is my weakness that occurs a few days each month and I've not found a proper remedy for it yet. I might try and replace the milk chocolate with amoretti if I can find a wheat free version. It contains sugar but a little goes a long way so I don't need much of it.

Galaxy have a gluten free and vegan version if you are interested because one of my mutual friends told me it's nice but you can tell there is less sugar.

Might be a temporary option that's on the healthier side, they are available in Asda, comes in different flavours, cookie crumble, salted caramel, and a few others.

​​​​​​
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Galaxy have a gluten free and vegan version if you are interested because one of my mutual friends told me it's nice but you can tell there is less sugar.

Might be a temporary option that's on the healthier side, they are available in Asda, comes in different flavours, cookie crumble, salted caramel, and a few others.

​​​​​​
            It depends on their ingredients and what they replace the gluten and sugar with. I wouldn't touch something that contained artificial sweeteners for example, but thanks for the suggestion, it sounds good.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              For the fizzy drink addicts - Sparkling water with squash! Works a treat.
              i've tried sparkling water but it tastes nasty

its actually an intermittent fasting hack i learnt from one youtuber where he said have sparkling water as it fills you up due to the fizziness

Comment

• I am some days late but am going to do this challenge too. I won't be giving updates everyday though probably a random day updates.

InshaAllah we can do this.

Comment

• (On Day 4)
                  Going well, it seems, alhamdulillah.
                  There's a lot of sugary snacks and bakery goods and a chocolate cake stacked up in the kitchen... Seems my brother's also sticking to it, despite it all being there.

------------
                  I think I'll probably drop a bit of weight in the next couple of weeks (not really the intended goal here.) Noticed I felt better, lighter and was recovering quicker during exercise / weights as well. Could just be a mental thing (the recovery part) but I definitely felt more energetic and lighter on my feet today than in recent weeks.
                  Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 07-12-20, 01:52 AM.
                  ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                    Day 4

I’ve lost my appetite. And I feel like I haven’t been eating enough food for the past 2 days.

it’s nice to see that honey is allowed. But I feel ok in terms of resisting.
                    Yeah, kind of feel the same, tbh. Was snacking fairly often before this so a bit of a change now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Yeah, kind of feel the same, tbh. Was snacking fairly often before this so a bit of a change now.
                      I checked and I think I only ate about a thousand calories today and I’m not even hungry. But I know that probably isn’t good so I’m going to go eat something

it’s crazy how many calories you eat from snacking everyday 😬

Comment

• On Day 5.

Alhamdulillah.
                        Hope everyone else is managing without issues.

Comment

• Day 6.

First time I had to 'refuse' food (Chocolate cake) since starting this, yesterday. Hate doing that, especially as they'd taken a little bit of extra time to prepare it and bring it over.

Probably the worst thing about trying to eat clean.
                          Refusing food people offer.

Going well, though, alhamdulillah.

Hope everyone else is sticking to it without too much trouble as well.
                          ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                            Hope everyone else is sticking to it without too much trouble as well.
                            ​​​
                            No

Comment

• Day 7

I'm actually doing great but I still don't feel very hungry even when I under eat.

I always tell myself I'm not going to track calories anymore but I always end up doing in just to see how much I've eaten and my intake has been too low basically every day so I always end up eating at night. I literally just had a whole bag of chips (chips as in crisps not chips as in fries) which I know is counter productive but I still don't know if I reached my calorie goal.

I did feel less tired today but here's the thing, in the past when cut off sugar I noticed a difference in the way I looked but I'm not really getting that this time.

But still eating sugar makes me feel awful and I noticed my skin looks much better so that's a good reason to keep going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

No
                                Why not go again, sister? Post here each day and encourage us. InshaaAllah, it'll give sister motivation to continue.
                                ​​​

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X