"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imran1976 View Post

I already don't take bakery products+ soft drinks, they are just waste of money and bad for health.
    koi aur challenge batao,
    That's good you don't Bhai,
    tbh I'm addicted to fizzy drinks and I hate that I am
    Don't know if you know of the Muslim famous boxer (he's retired now) Bernard Hopkins? He said something that always sticks with me, he said 'soda is like liquid crack' and that's soooo true tbh, this stuff has very minimal benefits but lots of negatives imo

Bare in mind that brother Bernard Hopkins is the oldest world champion is the history of boxing and he's obviously got that accolade because of his diet etc too

https://youtu.be/-2I0iDQoLXQ

Comment

• okay Indefinable io'm genuinely considering doing this, so just to confirm its literally no sugar in anything, tea coffee, desserts etc etc?

i wont lie i like doing challenges but this is going to be very hard for me

Comment

• Does honey count?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

That's good you don't Bhai,
          tbh I'm addicted to fizzy drinks and I hate that I am
          Don't know if you know of the Muslim famous boxer (he's retired now) Bernard Hopkins? He said something that always sticks with me, he said 'soda is like liquid crack' and that's soooo true tbh, this stuff has very minimal benefits but lots of negatives imo

Bare in mind that brother Bernard Hopkins is the oldest world champion is the history of boxing and he's obviously got that accolade because of his diet etc too

https://youtu.be/-2I0iDQoLXQ
          (Never knew he was Muslim. Seen him with a beard post retirement and made me wonder a bit for some reason, though.)
          ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
            Does honey count?
            This idea was originally Sr Indefinable's... I'm not sure what the exact parameters are but for myself, I'm only allowing myself fruit (not a crazy amount).
            If I were in the habit of eating honey - as I really ought to be because of the barakah of it - I would continue to eat it, personally. Eating normal amounts though, not making up for the lack of sugar elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

This idea was originally Sr Indefinable's... I'm not sure what the exact parameters are but for myself, I'm only allowing myself fruit (not a crazy amount).
              If I were in the habit of eating honey - as I really ought to be because of the barakah of it - I would continue to eat it, personally. Eating normal amounts though, not making up for the lack of sugar elsewhere.
              Yeah good point..

Comment

Does honey count?
                i dont think it does because sugar converts to fat where as honey doesnt but what i'd suggets obviously is up to Indefinable and you guys taking part but only use raw honey and not the supermarket rubbish because thats full of sugar anyways

Comment

(Never knew he was Muslim. Seen him with a beard post retirement and made me wonder a bit for some reason, though.)
                  yea dont know when he reverted but hes a legend in the boxing game, what a fighter he was

Comment

• Everyone is different so not all methods will work the same for all people.

Some people eat honey and others don't. It's upto the individual what they prefer.

Personally speaking - cut out all the refined sugar and stick to natural foods so fruits, berries, honey etc should be fine.

Comment

• Maple syrup is nice
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Does honey count?
                        You can eat honey but try and cut down on the chocolates :-)

Comment

• For the fizzy drink addicts - Sparkling water with squash! Works a treat.

Comment

• Alhamdulillah.

On Day 3.

Day 2 completed without issue... Managed to bring my younger brother on board as well.

Going nicely, so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              Maple syrup is nice
                              We invite sister to come forth into the light, away from the dark clouds of sugar and the drops of sweet poison they pour over the soul.

Comment

We invite sister to come forth into the light, away from the dark clouds of sugar and the drops of sweet poison they pour over the soul.
                                I thought maple syrup is an alternative to white sugar

I think EVERYONE needs to know that I have spinach smoothie for breakfast

What do YOU have

Lets see what you got you thought I was weak didn't you
                                Well let me tell ya sumfin, I ain't as weak as you all fink

Im going to add kale to it next time In sha Allah

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X