• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Alhamdulillaah. Yes.

What subjects will you be doing?
    Fiqh Arabic tajweed aqeedah 102 seerah and English
    Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Fiqh Arabic tajweed aqeedah 102 seerah and English
      I see. That's good. You're doing 6 subjects.

I'll be doing the same but 102 for Fiqh, Arabic, and Tajweed.

Comment

• Needs more sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
          (Sisters Aynina, MyUsernameIs..., Umm Uthmaan).
          Last edited by Rahma.; 27-08-19, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• what do you usually eat?

I need some ideas so I can make up a meal plan

I haven't cut down on sugar completely

When i go cold turkey it doesn't last and I end up treating myself more than I should

Some times I have baked sweet potatoes with seasoning, fruits (but not enough) and I need more veg in my diet

The reason I don't get veg and fruit as often is due to them going off bad very quick as I only need a little each day

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

what do you usually eat?

I need some ideas so I can make up a meal plan

I haven't cut down on sugar completely

When i go cold turkey it doesn't last and I end up treating myself more than I should

Some times I have baked sweet potatoes with seasoning, fruits (but not enough) and I need more veg in my diet

The reason I don't get veg and fruit as often is due to them going off bad very quick as I only need a little each day

Alhamdulillah, the usual I suppose... I prefer natural and homecooked food that's all really.

It doesn't sound like you cook unhealthy things, btw... ?

In my experience, most veg works in any kind of stir-fry or curries. I think my curries are healthy, I don't add much oil or anything unhealthy. I don't like to eat a lot of meat, so at times I might just eat the veg and sauce. Sometimes I'll add fish like sardines and mackerel in veg stir-fries.

I think being able to cook yourself, helps.

I have some fruit before meals. I read about it in some Islamic literature so I took it up.
              Fruit are natural sweets. Alhamdulillah.
              I use honey to sweeten things.

What about freezing veg [peeled/chopped]?

I think it's best and helps a lot to NOT buy/have unhealthy food in the house.

Some 'junk' food tastes artificial and puts me off. Sometimes if I do have 'em I think I shouldn't have bothered cos I didn't enjoy it.

Comment

• Freshly squeezed orange juice is beautiful by the way. Try the big oranges and have the juice cold or cool when you're thirsty. Subhanallahil-'adheem wa bihamdihi!

Try not to cry from awe of the beauty of it. :D

May Allah grant us the delights of Jannah. Ameen.

All oranges are not the same of course, maybe try different varieties. In sha Allah people'll experience what I mean.

Also, homemade banana milkshake is another one. Alhamdulillah. It's nicest with whole milk and ripe/sweet banana.

Banana flavour stuff from shops can taste artificial and ajeeb. Shop banana milkshake and homemade are worlds apart methinks.

Comment

• 'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rahma. View Post
                    Freshly squeezed orange juice is beautiful by the way. Try the big oranges and have the juice cold or cool when you're thirsty. Subhanallahil-'adheem wa bihamdihi!
                    I LOVE SMOOTHIES

Especially fresh Alphonso mango lassi

So heavenly subhanAllah it is a gift for us human beings

What food isn't it

Yes orange juice hits the spot
                    do you drink it with straw? I would

We had a phase were there would be loads of Jaffa oranges (quite big in size) and those would be squeezed with hand

Hard work

I don't think my mum has enough space in her kitchen for a juicer or another machine

But would love to get one for fresh home prepared juice 

I'm not a fan of banana milkshakes because I think I was blessed to drink alot of it and I just prefer eating it

Also, smoothies with banans is a no no for me because it just over takes the flavour of the others

I enjoy green smoothies (spinach, kale, spirulina) but haven't made them home yet

Cheaper to buy some times 

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• I agree with you. Curries can be made healthy. Don't need to add ghee or a lot of oil. Quite a few cultures have curries [their version], even UK have their stews and hotpots.

Just the usual spices: cumin, turmeric, chilli, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves... etc. Herbs too, basil, coriander, fenugreek leaves... mixed herbs, etc.

Sometimes might not add any spices or buy all of them. (You probably use similar... ?)

Lamb is very nice, even cooked on it's own, on a griddle-type pan [or oven] alhamdulillah.

It seems you're not far off from cutting the sugar out, alhamdulillah. When having your tea if you think to yourself, "I'll have the sweet/cake another time" and leave it out on a few occasions, gradually you'll probably cut it down, in sha Allah.
                      :)

Comment

I agree with you. Curries can be made healthy. Don't need to add ghee or a lot of oil. Quite a few cultures have curries [their version], even UK have their stews and hotpots.

Just the usual spices: cumin, turmeric, chilli, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves... etc. Herbs too, basil, coriander, fenugreek leaves... mixed herbs, etc.

Sometimes might not add any spices or buy all of them. (You probably use similar... ?)

Lamb is very nice, even cooked on it's own, on a griddle-type pan [or oven] alhamdulillah.

It seems you're not far off from cutting the sugar out, alhamdulillah. When having your tea if you think to yourself, "I'll have the sweet/cake another time" and leave it out on a few occasions, gradually you'll probably cut it down, in sha Allah.
                        :)

Comment

• Apologies for the typos, my phone tries to predict certain words and phrases

I should edit but it feels like such a chore because most of the time it doesn't allow the change 

Anyhoo, it easy toto figu what is being said

Well I hope lol

Comment

• Yeah, agree, I think some people don't realise 'spices' doesn't just mean something chilli.

Spices are medicinal as well, alhamdulillah.

I like having masala chai sometimes, cos of the taste and I think of the spices as having medicinal benefits, in sha Allah.

Your biriyani/food sounds nice, ma sha Allah. Would've liked to try.

That's good you're not stuffing your face with biscs etc. :D
                            Alhamdulillah.

If it's a cocoa craving, then what about making cocoa drink sweetened with honey?

You will conquer the sugar soon, in sha Allah! :)

Comment

Yeah, agree, I think some people don't realise 'spices' doesn't just mean something chilli.

Spices are medicinal as well, alhamdulillah.

I like having masala chai sometimes, cos of the taste and I think of the spices as having medicinal benefits, in sha Allah.

Your biriyani/food sounds nice, ma sha Allah. Would've liked to try.

That's good you're not stuffing your face with biscs etc. :D
                              Alhamdulillah.

If it's a cocoa craving, then what about making cocoa drink sweetened with honey?

You will conquer the sugar soon, in sha Allah! :)
                              I spoke too soon :(

Today I had more than one bar of chocolate orange penguin

LMSO.

I don't believe it. I don't know what happened and why. I dunked it in my tea.

I was talking to.my sister about a healthier version of chocolate milkshake, that might help me reduce or swap the junk

I need a good healthy recipe for cocoa drink that I will enjoy

My parents aren't keen on my byriani (they are professionals, I'm an amateur) but my husband, my siblings and I enjoy it Alhamdullilah

​​​​​​​Yes, spics are a blessing, there are so many, it's beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I spoke too soon :(

Today I had more than one bar of chocolate orange penguin

LMSO.

I don't believe it. I don't know what happened and why. I dunked it in my tea.

I was talking to.my sister about a healthier version of chocolate milkshake, that might help me reduce or swap the junk

I need a good healthy recipe for cocoa drink that I will enjoy

My parents aren't keen on my byriani (they are professionals, I'm an amateur) but my husband, my siblings and I enjoy it Alhamdullilah

​​​​​​​Yes, spics are a blessing, there are so many, it's beautiful

It happens. :D

Getting your sister/siblings involved will help with encouragement, in sha Allah.

It helps when people do something together.

You'll find a good recipe, in sha Allah. I find simple is best; if it's easy to make it's easy to maintain, alhamdulillah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X