Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    I think I need to do this..
    Kick start it in the Summer Holidays FunShine.

In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• I can't go without sugar altogether but I got a letter from my GP surgery claiming that I'm "prediabetic" so I've started cutting down my sugar intake and have half a teaspoon of sugar in my tea instead of one.  If I gave up sugar all at once, I'd find that too hard and go back to it within days so I'm taking this slow.  The problem is as an energy boost I have a mejdool date with my tea but I don't know what that'll do to my sugar levels.  I used to have ajwa dates as a sunnah whilst I went through ruqya so I take it for that reason as well and I have a ton of food sensitivities so it's not something that can be easily replaced.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Have you got one of them machines where you can test your blood to check your sugar levels? Or do you have access to one. I sometimes have used a famiy members to check mine (obviously with a new needle).

Lots of my extended family have diabetes and that is one of the reasons I want to cut out sugar but at the moment am going very low sugar. I don't really have cereals but if I do I chop up a date and add that or half a banana.  Am not really to keen on sweetners so I stay away from them.

Anyway I hope Allah swt protects you from getting diabetes...Ameen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

In Sha Allaah.
          I find weekends and holidays difficult. 

Comment

• Ameen thank you sister.  My mum is diabetic so she does have a blood test machine, but I hate needles so am reluctant to try it.  It looks more painful than injections (I've had daily injections in the past as part of my Lyme treatment and reluctantly coped with that somehow), but you make a good point.  I'd rather try the old urine test I think but I don't know if she still has those strips.  Two of her family members are diabetic as well.

Comment

• Is dark chocolate okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                Is dark chocolate okay?
                Oui. 

Comment

Yh ..Honestly it becomes easier over time alhamdulillah..you just have to get through the first week..

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Yh ..Honestly it becomes easier over time alhamdulillah..you just have to get through the first week..
                    Yes, it does get easier. Just stick to it In Sha Allaah. 

Comment

I will bi'idhnillah. I wonder who else is still doing this..

Comment

• With all of the hot weather not too long ago, started having things from the freezer I shouldn't have... Opened up the doorway for some of the sugary snacks, then pretty much went to eating whatever for the last couple of weeks, but back on now, alhamdulillah.

Hopefully coinciding with a positive turn of events on other issues that have been going on for a long time.

Looking forward to staying on this again
                        ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• ^I'm surprised that the hot weather could've prompted anyone to develop bad eating habits. For me it's the opposite. Most days, I don't eat much fruit and veg at all and at most would have 2 of my 5 a day, but during the hot weather, I'm not in the mood for the usual meals and am more likely to eat fresh salads as they're so cooling and refreshing in the heat whereas sometimes a hot meal would add to the feeling of over heating.

Today I did something I almost never do; I had roti with salad and no handi/salan. I know that must seem odd but I enjoyed it. I can't have gluten so it was a jawar roti and I made a salad with tuna, cucumber and feta. At first I thought the roti could serve like a wrap and stuff the salad inside, but then I couldn't be bothered so ended up eating the salad as if it was a handi. I've only ever done this once or twice before in my life; about a year or two ago during hot weather, I realised I really wasn't in the mood for a hot dinner, so I had a gluten free roti with a chickpea salad (I believe the recipe for that salad is on the "developing culinary skills" thread as well as a photo of the dish). Didi said the chickpea recipe bears some similarity to "chana chaat". Anyway it was quite refreshing in the hot weather. Any other time of year I'm generally in the mood for hot foods so wouldn't have much salad, fruit or veg.

Comment

• ^ I probably should've kept a bottle of semi frozen water in the fridge/freezer earlier than I did. Felt like a needed something frozen...

The hot weather combined with fatigue... I remember quite a few years ago I worked a very physically demanding job for long hours every night, in conditions that were really hot even in the winter.

Every morning when everyone would be ordering their coffees and hot drinks in the cafe I'd get funny looks for ordering those very sugary milkshakes (the ones that taste pretty much like cold, melted ice-cream), sometimes two. I never really had a liking for those but with the heat, and feeling so depleted after those long shifts I would feel like I needed that quick intake of sugar and something cold. That would be the only time I actually 'craved' junk food off the top of my head. Kind of felt a little bit like that in the last couple of months or so.
                            Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 17-08-19, 11:19 PM.
                            ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

In Sha Allaah.
                              Excited for semester 2?
                              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Excited for semester 2?
                                Alhamdulillaah. Yes.

What subjects will you be doing?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X