"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Haha well I'll start again tomorrow in sha Allah.
    it's a good idea to do it before Ramadan..
    Do you need motivation?

And yeah - it would be good to get started before Ramadhaan In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
      i lost like 2 or 3 kg just dropping 1 meal a day and less snacks and a little bit of running
      Couch to 5k is the best program to start, if you want to get into running properly In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Couch to 5k is the best program to start, if you want to get into running properly In Sha Allaah.
        i hate running
        im just waiting till i finish studies and start working them ima start more martial arts and stop running

Comment

How is it going with the no sugar rule people?
          dropped ice cream out of my regular cart list. i eat it once in a while now.

but the other stuff like fizzy drinks are still on. sigh. but i did try to drink plain water as much as possible.

the other stuff i cant control is like family's cooking.
          Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

• Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post

dropped ice cream out of my regular cart list. i eat it once in a while now.

but the other stuff like fizzy drinks are still on. sigh. but i did try to drink plain water as much as possible.

the other stuff i cant control is like family's cooking.
            Good job. I also eat chocolate, but I've stopped drinking Somali shaah and all the oher things I used to indulge in lol.... and Alhamdulillah it's good to take small steps and eventually you'll see results

Comment

• My sugar intake is not that much,

Well except for natural sugar such as found in fruit,

But I mean refined sugar,

I do not consume fizzy drinks because they make me dizzy I think,

I rarely drink tea/coffee and even then sugar I do not use plenty,

I will not eat a ready-made microwaveable meal because I fear it will make me ill,

I do however eat chocolate but a little sugar is not so bad if moderate,

Also for breakfast I have Cheerios cereal but I do not have time to prepare something more benenficial,

Comment

Good job. I also eat chocolate, but I've stopped drinking Somali shaah and all the oher things I used to indulge in lol.... and Alhamdulillah it's good to take small steps and eventually you'll see results
                Somali Shaah? And you've stopped? Was it hard?

Has anyone tried "Kefir"?

If so, which one tastes better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morose View Post
                  My sugar intake is not that much,

Well except for natural sugar such as found in fruit,

But I mean refined sugar,

I do not consume fizzy drinks because they make me dizzy I think,

I rarely drink tea/coffee and even then sugar I do not use plenty,

I will not eat a ready-made microwaveable meal because I fear it will make me ill,

I do however eat chocolate but a little sugar is not so bad if moderate,

Also for breakfast I have Cheerios cereal but I do not have time to prepare something more benenficial,

That's pretty good. (The rhyming too).

(Miss breakfast altogether and you'll be doing IF without even realising it).

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Somali Shaah? And you've stopped? Was it hard?

Has anyone tried "Kefir"?

If so, which one tastes better?
                    Yeah it's kinda like chai tea, but different. Alhamdulillah it wasn't hard :) Nope haven't tried it. What's up with the name though. It sounds like "kafir".

Comment

Yeah it's kinda like chai tea, but different. Alhamdulillah it wasn't hard :) Nope haven't tried it. What's up with the name though. It sounds like "kafir".
                      Lol. Yeah it does sound like "kafir", but it's "kefir".

Read about it a while back but bought it recently, it's supposed to be good for you.

Tastes like a thick, gloopy, cheesy, yoghurty, drink?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i hate running
                        im just waiting till i finish studies and start working them ima start more martial arts and stop running
                        i love running and walking

it's not practical now, i used to tell my husband to go for a walk together, i would have challenged him for a race too but he isn't the type, obsessed with football instead
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

i love running and walking

it's not practical now, i used to tell my husband to go for a walk together, i would have challenged him for a race too but he isn't the type, obsessed with football instead
                          its a sunnah

(but dunno where a women can run without men looking )

Comment

I do however eat chocolate but a little sugar is not so bad if moderate
                            Ma sha Allah

Comment

Ma sha Allah
                              Lol,

In reference to...?,

Eating a little chocolate,

Or the rhyme?,

Lol...

Comment

Lol,

In reference to...?,

Eating a little chocolate,

Or the rhyme?,

Lol...
                                Eating a little chocolate..it's a luxury

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X