"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resisted donut yesterday. +1 points.

I know this guy who runs marathons too. He refrained from sugar too.

Lets do this! no or less sugar!
    Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

• Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post

now you can run 10km more
      I wish.

I need to start brisk-walking again - I used to do that for around an hour daily and built it up to around three hours, but have recently been relying on the car.

Might start today In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
        Resisted donut yesterday. +1 points.

I know this guy who runs marathons too. He refrained from sugar too.

Lets do this! no or less sugar!
        In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• I gave up sugar on the first of the month. Down 20 pounds but I still have craving for the delicious white stuff. I also miss chocolate cake and fudge. It is getting easier, I just wish there was a button I could push that would let me forget about the taste of sweets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post
            I gave up sugar on the first of the month. Down 20 pounds but I still have craving for the delicious white stuff. I also miss chocolate cake and fudge. It is getting easier, I just wish there was a button I could push that would let me forget about the taste of sweets.
            It will probably take around three months for the craving of the sweet stuff to go.

Hang in there.

20 pounds in 24 days is pretty impressive.

You can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It will probably take around three months for the craving of the sweet stuff to go.

Hang in there.

You can do it.

Comment

Is it because they are made in the USA?

Simple skincare is good too.

Nope

It's another country

I found the 'biore' mild cleanser good- it's basic
                I didn't get any reactions and skin felt clean, it's for combination skin (a bit pricey though)

I'm thinking of going natural (I used to make turmeric face mask) now would like to find out how and what to use to make other skin care
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• (MaashaaAllah. Alhamdulillah. Some good, positive updates.)
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                  -------------------------------
                  "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                  NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Hang in there.

You can do it.
                    Yes took about 2 months for cravings to go for me
                    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Nope

It's another country

I didn't get any reactions and skin felt clean, it's for combination skin (a bit pricey though)

I'm thinking of going natural (I used to make turmeric face mask) now would like to find out how and what to use to make other skin care
                      What you eat is way more important for healthy skin

No need to waste money on them rubbish products

''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

I wish.

I need to start brisk-walking again - I used to do that for around an hour daily and built it up to around three hours, but have recently been relying on the car.

Might start today In Sha Allaah.
                        Managed 2 hours this morning. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Nope

It's another country

Avocado, lemon juice, turmeric, and sugar - makes a lovely mask. Use it to scrub your hands too. (You will feel like a teenager lol).

Comment

• Anyone up for starting this next Monday In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Anyone up for starting this next Monday In Sha Allaah.
                              InshaAllah I will try this again. Although I did when you guys started I slipped but then kept starting again. It's like I will have a tiny bit of something with sugar then have a bit more next time. Also hard saying no when at someone elses house and they made dessert. On the whole I do not like sugary stuff anyway so inshaAllah going to try that extra bit harder.

How do you get over the sugar cravings at that time of month? That is when I normally slip.

Comment

• Need a new challenge, this is too easy

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X