"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kya View Post
    Does M&M in trail mix count? what about honey roasted peanut butter (freshly ground)? Are those sugar, ok M&M is but it was like 4 M&M in the entire mix.
    Still sugar I'm afraid.

I used to eat those small packs of fruit and nuts - thinking it's healthy, but they're not either. The sugar content is high in them.

What about carrot sticks? :-$

Comment

• Alhamdulillah, it's alright. It's already starting to become normal, tbh, Sr @Yas'in - by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa.

I think it helped quite a bit that I started with removing all the regular sugar-filled junk foods completely. Alhamdulillah, I've said it before but this initiative by Sr Indefinable has been really helpful and came at a perfect time it seems.

Denying the nafs of it's impulses, even when it comes to Halaal matters like this, it really does help strengthen us in our resolve when it comes to all sorts of other areas, by His Kindness. Alhamdulillah.

​​​​​
      ​​​​​​

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
      -------------------------------
      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

you're right, don't they have lower carb content than white potatoes though..

*Shrugs

his main concern was avoiding rice and bread, these are the toughest for a Bengali man

Fakhri can vouch for it

​​​​​​
        (Husband's so called diet only lasted around two weeks)
        Not looked at it extensively but I think sweet have more carbs. But if the quantity is controlled I can't see it being an issue.

Comment

• Tescos have a sale on Heros & Celebrations large chocolate tubs (2 for £7).

Comment

• Tis the festive season - double dose of sugary treats. Christmas and Mawlid.

Avoid.

Resist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Don't take much sugary foods.
              I didnt buy oreo recently. Alhamdulilah.

Comment

• Maybe stevia can help? its an alternative for sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
                  Maybe stevia can help? its an alternative for sugar.
                  I've read about stevia and the likes being disruptive to fertility and hormones, back in history (sorry, I forgot what time period) women used to use it as contraception or preventative measure to avoid getting pregnant

Someone can correct me

Better to just stick to pure honey or dates, if it's mentioned in the Quran as a healing food then you can't go wrong (in moderation as with everything)

I have brown sugar with tea, I've convinced myself it's better than white even though there there isn't that much difference

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I've read about stevia and the likes being disruptive to fertility and hormones, back in history (sorry, I forgot what time period) women used to use it as contraception or preventative measure to avoid getting pregnant

Someone can correct me

Better to just stick to pure honey or dates, if it's mentioned in the Quran as a healing food then you can't go wrong (in moderation as with everything)

I have brown sugar with tea, I've convinced myself it's better than white even though there there isn't that much difference
                    now thats interesting. Thanks for sharing.
                    Its quite the hot stuff in the market where i am actually.
                    the thing about stevia or avocados or etc, once its in the market, suddenly everyone starts selling them and you see them being advertised often.

and stevia is quite expensive too for such a bottle.
                    maybe anyone else want to comment on stevia or other alternative sugar.

Comment

Working...
                    X