"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It's been on and off due to some events taking place recently, but alhamdulillaah, tomorrow is a new day.
    Insha'Allah its good thing and i respect the fact that you can do this

Comment

• u guys relapsed
      disappointing

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        u guys relapsed
        disappointing
        We're human.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Insha'Allah its good thing and i respect the fact that you can do this
          It's not easy. It's about maintaining good eating habits.

Comment

• Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
            Please tell me not to take much sugary foods
            Don't take much sugary foods.

Comment

• Last week was not very good due to Halloween and overload of candy everywhere. All my coworkers brought leftover Halloween candy to work & its hard to resist. Plus hubby went on shopping spree buying half off candy the day after Halloween which is something I introduced him to (bad idea). Today another coworker brought in her last batch of candy from Halloween but I didn't have any. I am going to ignore last week ever happened or me gaining 2lbs :(

This weekend wasn't very good on healthy eating all together between my mom insisting on eating at her house and my aunt inviting everyone which I was going to skip but mom said aunt will feel insulted because last week I went to another aunts house. My hubby bailed and said he doesn't care, Patriot game is on which is more important than any aunts feeling. So I was stuck going and having double heavy meal :( so much fried food.

So I am starting again today, no sugar November

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                u guys relapsed
                disappointing
                :crying_old:

Comment

• Baked butternut squash splashed with some olive oil, salt, black pepper and red chili has hit the spot lately when cutting out processed sugar. It's savory with this amazing sweetness when baked.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Same with carrots. Some reason when you throw them in the oven they become so sweet and lovely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nusaiba View Post
                    Baked butternut squash splashed with some olive oil, salt, black pepper and red chili has hit the spot lately when cutting out processed sugar. It's savory with this amazing sweetness when baked.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Same with carrots. Some reason when you throw them in the oven they become so sweet and lovely.
                    I baked sweet potatoes for my husband when he was on the keto diet

I drizzled some oil, pinch of salt, paprika and pepper
                    I cut them in wedges, he liked it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Sweet potatoes would not be compatible with the keto diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Sweet potatoes would not be compatible with the keto diet.
                        you're right, don't they have lower carb content than white potatoes though..

*Shrugs

his main concern was avoiding rice and bread, these are the toughest for a Bengali man

Fakhri can vouch for it

​​​​​​
                        (Husband's so called diet only lasted around two weeks)
                        Last edited by Ya'sin; 07-11-18, 01:39 PM.

Comment

you're right, don't they have lower carb content than white potatoes though..

*Shrugs

his main concern was avoiding rice and bread, these are the toughest for a Bengali man

Fakhri can vouch for it

​​​​​​
                          (Husband's so called diet only lasted around two weeks)
                          Tell him to join the "No Sugar" camp.

Sweet potatoes are really nice. Not sure why the normal potatoes are so popular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nusaiba View Post
                            Baked butternut squash splashed with some olive oil, salt, black pepper and red chili has hit the spot lately when cutting out processed sugar. It's savory with this amazing sweetness when baked.
                            ​​​​​​
                            Sounds fabulous ... great idea btw.

Comment

I'm going to use this recipe too In Sha Allaah. Thanks.

Comment

• Does M&M in trail mix count? what about honey roasted peanut butter (freshly ground)? Are those sugar, ok M&M is but it was like 4 M&M in the entire mix.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X