• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    *munches on cocoa pops
    Do you want to age gracefully, Br Eesa?

Comment

• It has been a week and half on my new diet which includes no sugar, no chips, lower carb, more fruits and vegetable, Apple Cider Vinegar drink, Intermittent fasting and tracking my food/exercise/sleep on an app. I have lost 4lbs so far but this weekend was a big slip for me.

There was a birthday party with cake that served dinner pass my eating period, I ran out of Apple Cider Vinegar which keeps me focused and away from craving, my SIL made biryani & I ate it 2x. But it is Monday and time to renew my vow to diet plan. I did have few slip ups (break meal) while on diet and to my surprise it didn't prevent me from losing weight. I weight myself every morning to remind myself what is important. I kept a journal in 2016 when I focused on weight loss and was somewhat successful until this year when I started gaining weight again. It helped to re-read my 2016 journal to figure out what works and what doesn't.

for example, intermittent fasting doesn't work for me if I break my fast with lunch. It is too big of a meal and my body revolts causing me to eat bad rest of the day. Instead if I break my fast an hour early with a fruit, then my body feels like it got breakfast & life makes sense when I eat lunch an hour later. Inshallah another week, Halloween week will be challenging with candy everywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Kya View Post
        It has been a week and half on my new diet which includes no sugar, no chips, lower carb, more fruits and vegetable, Apple Cider Vinegar drink, Intermittent fasting and tracking my food/exercise/sleep on an app. I have lost 4lbs so far but this weekend was a big slip for me.

There was a birthday party with cake that served dinner pass my eating period, I ran out of Apple Cider Vinegar which keeps me focused and away from craving, my SIL made biryani & I ate it 2x. But it is Monday and time to renew my vow to diet plan. I did have few slip ups (break meal) while on diet and to my surprise it didn't prevent me from losing weight. I weight myself every morning to remind myself what is important. I kept a journal in 2016 when I focused on weight loss and was somewhat successful until this year when I started gaining weight again. It helped to re-read my 2016 journal to figure out what works and what doesn't.

for example, intermittent fasting doesn't work for me if I break my fast with lunch. It is too big of a meal and my body revolts causing me to eat bad rest of the day. Instead if I break my fast an hour early with a fruit, then my body feels like it got breakfast & life makes sense when I eat lunch an hour later. Inshallah another week, Halloween week will be challenging with candy everywhere
        A lot of the stuff here just sounds like it's in your head.

Depending on what fruit or veg you eat you could end up taking on board lots of sugar in one form or the other.

Anyway, if you are getting the results you are after then good for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

A lot of the stuff here just sounds like it's in your head.

Depending on what fruit or veg you eat you could end up taking on board lots of sugar in one form or the other.

Anyway, if you are getting the results you are after then good for you.
          I am doing No Added Sugar. I have nothing against natural sugar. I am going after clean eating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kya View Post

I am doing No Added Sugar. I have nothing against natural sugar. I am going after clean eating.
            I don't get the "no added sugar" when you don't look at the whole picture. You can have loads of natural sugar and still end up consuming too much sugar even though you are getting other goodness from the fruits.

Comment

• Replaced the usual large helpings of rice with vegetables earlier tonight. :|

Looks as though it's going to be a little tougher than I had hoped it might.

Even though it was just about, it was manageable.

Alhamdulillah.
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
              -------------------------------
              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

I don't get the "no added sugar" when you don't look at the whole picture. You can have loads of natural sugar and still end up consuming too much sugar even though you are getting other goodness from the fruits.
                You can eat 3/4 fruits with no problems whatsoever
                processed sugar, on the other hand, is garbage
                ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

You can eat 3/4 fruits with no problems whatsoever
                  processed sugar, on the other hand, is garbage
                  I can't.

Comment

I can't.
                    Why not
                    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Lunch was a lot easier to eat. Alhamdulillah.
                      Who knows... Maybe by the end of the month I'lI be craving these meals(!).
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                        Lunch was a lot easier to eat. Alhamdulillah.
                        Who knows... Maybe by the end of the month I'lI be craving these meals(!).
                        Depends on what you are eating.

Yesterday I meal prepped (chicken steaks/chicken mince) two weeks worth of meals. (Froze them).

Add that to vegetables (stir fry or steamed) and it tastes pretty good.

Are you missing the rice? Maybe find an alternative?

Comment

• Please tell me not to take much sugary foods
                          Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Depends on what you are eating.

Yesterday I meal prepped (chicken steaks/chicken mince) two weeks worth of meals. (Froze them).

Add that to vegetables (stir fry or steamed) and it tastes pretty good.

Are you missing the rice? Maybe find an alternative?

I'll probably be having a lot of white chickpeas going forward. Alhamdulillah. Helps stay full as there's only so much veg I can manage.

​​​​​​

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

• Indefinable hows the no sugar going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                                Indefinable hows the no sugar going?
                                It's been on and off due to some events taking place recently, but alhamdulillaah, tomorrow is a new day.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X