No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we keep the comments on here clean please?

We are all united on sugar being the enemy.

(Pros/cons of keto are not up for discussion).

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
      Can we keep the comments on here clean please?

Clean?

Keto can help control your sugar intake.

Comment

• Anyone with a link to the original thread? Hoping to try the original diet guidelines inshaaAllah for a few weeks... (Jazaa'akallah khair.)
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
          Can we keep the comments on here clean please?

If you wanna keep sugar out and glucose low, your body needs to live off other fuel (ketones)
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
            Anyone with a link to the original thread? Hoping to try the original diet guidelines inshaaAllah for a few weeks... (Jazaa'akallah khair.)
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...ugar-lifestyle

Comment

• Week Five. Alhamdulillaah.

(Last few days, I was bombarded with chocolate ... even though there was no special occasion -_-).

Comment

• Originally posted by aynina View Post

If you wanna keep sugar out and glucose low, your body needs to live off other fuel (ketones)
                Ye, either you eat some carbs and fruits
                Or
                You go keto

Very low carbs alone is quite pointless
                ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• How is everyone getting on...?
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                  -------------------------------
                  "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                  NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    How is everyone getting on...?
                    I'll join you guys for real this monday bi'idhnillah

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

I'll join you guys for real this monday bi'idhnillah
                      In Sha Allaah. Me too. Going to do IF properly too In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Think im really used to it now
                        It wont ever be hard from now on to not eat refined sugar

I can't believe that I would eat chocolate cereal every morning.

''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post
                          Think im really used to it now
                          It wont ever be hard from now on to not eat refined sugar

I can't believe that I would eat chocolate cereal every morning.
                          Used to IF too? I'm finding it a bit tricky to keep the 18 hours for some reason.

The no-sugar thing has been really beneficial alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Yesterday I was feeling tired and had to fill up gas. So I went into gas station and got myself hot chocolate drink. I took 2 sips of the drink and thought to myself "this taste like sugar and doesn't even taste good, why am I putting this calories in me". my weakness is salty fried food like chips and samosas. I have never been fan of sweets yet I eat them. I eat everything, even the stuff that doesn't taste good to me. So I told myself, from now on I will focus on "sweets not being satisfying/tasty" so that I can stop myself from having it.

I am joining this challenge

Comment

• Anyone seen any results for losing belly fat?

How long has it taken you to lose it and what were you eating most of the time?

Or what exercise were you doing?

I find most of these belly or ab exercises only put pressure on legs and my legs are overworked. I've been walking a lot (for a completely different reason).
                              Also, sit ups and push ups are tricky because my wrists are still weak.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I love sugar but I think I've gained weight (it is much more noticeable now) because after getting married I've been very inactive.

It feels so uncomfortable, I'm not used to it and I have to lose it asap lol

I absolutely hate feeling like this and I think I was a bit too confident in myself because I have always be content with my weight.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                                Anyone seen any results for losing belly fat?

How long has it taken you to lose it and what were you eating most of the time?

Or what exercise were you doing?

I find most of these belly or ab exercises only put pressure on legs and my legs are overworked. I've been walking a lot (for a completely different reason).
                                Also, sit ups and push ups are tricky because my wrists are still weak.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I love sugar but I think I've gained weight (it is much more noticeable now) because after getting married I've been very inactive.

It feels so uncomfortable, I'm not used to it and I have to lose it asap lol

I absolutely hate feeling like this and I think I was a bit too confident in myself because I have always be content with my weight.

Try IF and Cardio.

You can't reduce fat from a specific area - you lose weight everywhere.

You need cut out the sugar or limit how much you eat, otherwise you will gain more weight.

Best to start now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X