"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I'm on the keto diet...well on and off. Lost 14lbs in about 3 weeks when I was in full keto mode, but can't afford new clothes so might have to put it back on again.
    Wow. That's a whole stone. In three weeks? That's pretty good.

What do you eat? Your wife does it too (iirc). It must be easier to change eating habits together.

I don't feel like going full-keto. I need roti. I've been eating corn flour and millet flour, and they taste nice. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Alhamdulillah. It's been going well. I've pretty much lost all interest in eating these types of foods. Still need to be careful in case down the line I allow myself something 'small' because I ''no longer have any desire for them' as that's the type of thinking (imho) which leads to wasting our efforts and back to square one.

Best to keep the door fully closed inshaaAllah.

Alhamdulillah, it's really good to have us brothers and sisters making these efforts to improve.

Jazaa'akumullah khair everyone taking part and and helping keep this going. Baarakallah feek, SR Indefinable. It's been a very useful initiative by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa. Alhamdulillah.

(Maybe going forward, inshaaAllah, we can even start other things similar or of a slightly different nature possibly...)
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
      -------------------------------
      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Indefinable
        Indefinable commented
        Editing a comment
        Wa iyyakum brother.

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

What do you eat? Your wife does it too (iirc). It must be easier to change eating habits together.

I don't feel like going full-keto. I need roti. I've been eating corn flour and millet flour, and they taste nice. Alhamdulillaah.

I don't eat that much sugary food often unless it is dessert but where I was I took that out. I reduced my carb intake by having no rice, roti, bread and limited root veg.

Now I eat in the main chicken, eggs, salad, fish. Not had a curry in weeks. I started eating some extra stuff because I don't want to lose too much weight. We wanted to change what we eat so it's easier to digest and better for us.

I'm carrying an injury at the moment but when I recover I will start exercising so it will probably mean I can add in the odd roti here and there.

Comment

• zi-zizou
        zi-zizou commented
        Editing a comment
        And yes if you both do the change as a couple it's much easier.

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I don't eat that much sugary food often unless it is dessert but where I was I took that out. I reduced my carb intake by having no rice, roti, bread and limited root veg.

Now I eat in the main chicken, eggs, salad, fish. Not had a curry in weeks. I started eating some extra stuff because I don't want to lose too much weight. We wanted to change what we eat so it's easier to digest and better for us.

I'm carrying an injury at the moment but when I recover I will start exercising so it will probably mean I can add in the odd roti here and there.
      I see. Protein keeps a person full for longer.

May Allaah grant you a speed recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        Alhamdulillah. It's been going well. I've pretty much lost all interest in eating these types of foods. Still need to be careful in case down the line I allow myself something 'small' because I ''no longer have any desire for them' as that's the type of thinking (imho) which leads to wasting our efforts and back to square one.

Best to keep the door fully closed inshaaAllah.

Alhamdulillah, it's really good to have us brothers and sisters making these efforts to improve.

Jazaa'akumullah khair everyone taking part and and helping keep this going. Baarakallah feek, SR Indefinable. It's been a very useful initiative by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa. Alhamdulillah.

(Maybe going forward, inshaaAllah, we can even start other things similar or of a slightly different nature possibly...)
        Yes exactly. A little leads to a lot. And more often.

I was thinking of 'Couch to 5k' which is a 9 week running program.

Not sure how others will feel about it, especially since it's colder here (UK). It can work on a treadmill too. But you only need around 20-25 mins a day for this.

And there are other challenges like the Plank/Squat 30 days challenge. Or the no-Caffeine challenge (something I will probably struggle with).

Comment

• Originally posted by aynina View Post

Why not?
          People have reported some long term side effects due to doing it too long

The body is basically in some sort of starvation mode, something that it cannot handle for long periods of time without damage.

The dietis in no way natural aswell, you cannot even go and eat honey and dates which is sunnah. It is not a way to live.
          ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

It is possible to lose a stone of just glycogen and water doing keto, he might not even had lost any fat tbf.

Losing water weight is absolutely pointless, infact it is counter productive.

''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Indefinable
              Indefinable commented
              Editing a comment
              Would you be interested in the Couch2 5k running program?

• abufulaans
              abufulaans commented
              Editing a comment
              No I would not tbh, for various reasons

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

It is possible to lose a stone of just glycogen and water doing keto, he might not even had lost any fat tbf.

Losing water weight is absolutely pointless, infact it is counter productive.
            I drink more water than I have ever done. That was even before the change in what I eat.

If you stick with it over time it has lasting effects.

Comment

• abufulaans
              abufulaans commented
              Editing a comment
              Drinking water has almost nothing to do with how much water and glycogen your body stores.

In ramadan, I also lose a stone, it is really just water loss due to less calories and carbs.

• zi-zizou
              zi-zizou commented
              Editing a comment
              Presumably after Ramadan over a few weeks the weight went back on. If it stays off then that would mean something else is going on.

I don't know what point you are trying to make. You take on water by drinking liquids and from the food you eat. The body uses this. You do realise on keto you are still eating and drinking.

What happens when glycogen levels are low?

The body is basically in some sort of starvation mode, something that it cannot handle for long periods of time without damage.

The dietis in no way natural aswell, you cannot even go and eat honey and dates which is sunnah. It is not a way to live.
            Why because you are reducing (not removing completely) your carb intake?

How much honey and dates do you want to eat?

Comment

• abufulaans
              abufulaans commented
              Editing a comment
              No, you cannot eat a bunch of dates while on Keto, even 1 might not be allowed

I eat how much I want to

• zi-zizou
              zi-zizou commented
              Editing a comment
              In the last month how much honey/dates have you consumed?

I have a condition that i only see solved when im on keto
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Originally posted by aynina View Post

I have a condition that i only see solved when im on keto
            Is it some form of autoimmune condition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trees View Post

Is it some form of autoimmune condition?
              No its not, its a hormone imbalance i think
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I have nothing noteworthy to add on here :(

2 days ago I finally got fed up of all the sugar I was having as it was making me feel terrible so I decided to go 3 days without sugar, dairy & fruit ...just complete cold turkey.

It lasted a day :(

Comment

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

I have nothing noteworthy to add on here :(

2 days ago I finally got fed up of all the sugar I was having as it was making me feel terrible so I decided to go 3 days without sugar, dairy & fruit ...just complete cold turkey.

It lasted a day :(
                  A day is a start. Maybe start off slowly?

Keep the dairy and fruit and cut out sugar to begin with.

You just need to motivate yourself.

Comment

A day is a start. Maybe start off slowly?

Keep the dairy and fruit and cut out sugar to begin with.

You just need to motivate yourself.

Yes and discipline which is what I am lacking most.
                    Inshallah will give it another go.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X