No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 1.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Alhamdulillah, it's not been too difficult so far, by His Kindness. Hope everyone else is managing well with their own goals.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Not many people have commented with their progress.

I was offered Mithai (delicious sweets) freshly made, along with biscuits - by my MIL (May Allaah bless her). I declined.

(I miss my cereal bars (for breakfast) and also protein bars).

The low carb aspect is going surprisingly well. Alhamdulillaah.

Three more days to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
        Not many people have commented with their progress.

I was offered Mithai (delicious sweets) freshly made, along with biscuits - by my MIL (May Allaah bless her). I declined.

(I miss my cereal bars (for breakfast) and also protein bars).

The low carb aspect is going surprisingly well. Alhamdulillaah.

Three more days to go.
        You should put your before and after weight...that will show everyone progress.

Comment

Im doing horrible btw, morning routine is great, i eat a healthy breakfast and workout, now im having some tea, but the mind i have spare time during the day i start to crave something and i just keep eating junk throughout the day
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Indefinable
            Indefinable commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah. The spare time. Distract yourself with something to do or ... as I have done. Make a big bowl of salad and munch on that when you get a sweet craving. Like a chicken salad or nuts and seeds or even a fruit salad. With bananas and apples and berries.

• aynina
            aynina commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea thats the thing sometimes i just really dont crave those things lol

• Fakhri
            Fakhri commented
            Editing a comment
            Fruits and nuts.

Alhamdulillah. Grapes in particular, for me, work well as substitutes for sweet unhealthy foods.

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

You should put your before and after weight...that will show everyone progress.
          It's not about the weight.

Comment

I don't drink tea or coffee very often, but I drank a cup (tea) yesterday. When I do, I usually have a couple of biscuits... My hands went for the biscuit jar and I had to remind myself biscuits were off limits. :|

After a few moments distracted with something, I found myself reaching for the jar again...

​​​​​​Probably the only real moment so far where there was a grumble from the nafs...

("This no-sugar business is a actually a bit of a nuisance, no biscuits :[")

Alhamdulillah it's been good so far. This has come at a good time for me, I have to say. It seems to be helping with certain other things as well (as I'd hoped it might) alhamdulillah, by His Kindness.
            Last edited by Fakhri; 14-09-18, 06:46 AM.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            -------------------------------
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Alhamdulillaah - that's good to hear.

Tea plus biscuits seems to be the norm in most households. (I think once I have control of this sugar stuff - I will try to go "Tea-free" In Sha Allaah).

Biscuits have no nutritional value at all. Bad for teeth, glucose levels and leave you hungry wanting more.

But the variety is huge. And they look so appealing... and they do taste good.

Obviously if you really wanted some - the alternative would be to make your own batch with reduced, brown sugar. That's a lot better than the store bought biscuits.

Comment

It's not about the weight.
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

lol
                  How's keto going for you?

Comment

Update: I'm eating Marabou Oreo as I'm typing. That says a lot :)
                    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                      Update: I'm eating Marabou Oreo as I'm typing. That says a lot :)
                      Cheat day?

Comment

I can't mention members, but will ask for progress here.

Sister MyUsernameIs...

Brother Abisali

Sister Aynina

Sister Umm Uthmaan.

(Br Fakhri has voluntarily been updating us Jazakallahu Khair).

Comment

Today as in cheating i ate 2 handfulls of crisps and some cheese crackers, i guess i cheated less than olthe past days but still not good
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Indefinable
                            Indefinable commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's not bad at all. You did great!

• zi-zizou
                            zi-zizou commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are not helping!

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                          Today as in cheating i ate 2 handfulls of crisps and some cheese crackers, i guess i cheated less than olthe past days but still not good
                          Cheating is cheating. What happened to discipline? That's right you ate it.

Comment

• aynina
                            aynina commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I 8 it......

• zi-zizou
                            zi-zizou commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Leave a third empty, you'll be okay. Consider your husbands feelings.

Of course - IF works. I'd recommend that to everybody. (It knocks off years in a person's appearance - just look at Dr Eric).

Some bodybuilders do carb cycling - on and off periods of keto.

Anyway I've found that chapattis made with millet flour (although it looks unappealing - tastes pretty good alhamdulillaah - and a quarter of it is enough to keep you full for hours).

I'm enjoying my fast metabolism, i eat as much as i can and still cutting
                          ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Working...
                        X