Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The No Sugar Lifestyle.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The No Sugar Lifestyle.


    Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

    I've been contemplating cutting out sugar COMPLETELY from my diet. It seems like a good way to challenge myself.

    No cakes, sweets, biscuits, drinks like fruit juices, squash, soft drinks, and yoghurts, obviously no sugary desserts or sugar in your tea/coffee.

    Anyone else want to join?



  • #2
    That's the way I spent most of my life in my 20's. It felt great. I had no crashes. I had constant energy.
    Then, come my 30s, I decided to indulge in delights such as chocolate and ice cream.

    I have crashes. My energy levels fluctuate. Am I bothered? Not really. The delights are so nice.

    Do I recommend it? No way.

    Good luck with your experiment. Do keep us up to date how things go...
    Watch those eyes

    Comment


    • #3
      Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh. Sounds like a good plan to sugar detox. I've don't it once in the past for like a few months. It's funny cos when u don't eat sugar on a regular basis, you don't crave it as much. The first three weeks are the hardest. Once you get past them, it'll be easy. I want to join, but I'm not sure how well I'll do haha.

      Comment


      • #4
        sugar make me happy. your thread make me sad..
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

        Comment


        • Indefinable
          Indefinable commented
          Editing a comment
          Give it a go ... challenge yourself!

      • #5
        I'm in.

        ​Alhamdulillah, it's a good idea.

        (Have had loads of cakes and chocolates lately, even the coffee flavoured ones which no-one seems to like were starting to become quite tasty. :] )
        ​​​​​​
        It would be good if we all come on here keeping daily count, to help keep us motivated, and we'll see who can survive the longest, inshaa'Allah .:p

        I did this a while back (along with going all wholegrain, brown rice, red top milk, no oil, etc, etc), it was tough, but I felt the benefits. Became leaner very quickly, felt lighter and more energetic, alhamdulillah, mentally, as well, I think it gives you a little something.

        After a couple of weeks I got used to it and anything with a bit of sugar tasted ridiculously sweet.

        (Ps. It really helped in general when it came to other things, related to i'baadah, alhamdulillah, self restraint in talking, being careless, etc... Although, that could be because at the time, the original motivation was deeni first, and not the other way around... We could try to go into it with a good niyyah, inshaaAllah.)

        I guess we could maybe set a target of a certain number of days and then extend that...(?)
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
          That's the way I spent most of my life in my 20's. It felt great. I had no crashes. I had constant energy.
          Then, come my 30s, I decided to indulge in delights such as chocolate and ice cream.

          I have crashes. My energy levels fluctuate. Am I bothered? Not really. The delights are so nice.

          Do I recommend it? No way.

          Good luck with your experiment. Do keep us up to date how things go...
          I'm currently reading "That Sugar Book" by Damon Gameau. It might motivate you.

          I think you can do it if you put the effort in In Sha Allaah. 20s, 30s, 40s - as long as you feel good and look good - age is just a number.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
            Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh. Sounds like a good plan to sugar detox. I've don't it once in the past for like a few months. It's funny cos when u don't eat sugar on a regular basis, you don't crave it as much. The first three weeks are the hardest. Once you get past them, it'll be easy. I want to join, but I'm not sure how well I'll do haha.
            Brilliant. Let's start Monday In Sha Allaah.

            Comment


            • Umm Uthmaan
              Umm Uthmaan commented
              Editing a comment
              Bi'dhnillah:) but as a sister mentioned, sugar is in most things. I'm not gonna give it up 100% but I want to cut down drastically..as in not eating sweets/chocolate/cakes or drinking fizzy drinks..or adding sugar to tea etc ..so does that count or not? If it does then I'm in :)
              Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 07-09-18, 08:30 PM.

          • #8
            Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
            I'm in.

            ​Alhamdulillah, it's a good idea.

            (Have had loads of cakes and chocolates lately, even the coffee flavoured ones which no-one seems to like were starting to become quite tasty. :] )
            ​​​​​​
            It would be good if we all come on here keeping daily count, to help keep us motivated, and we'll see who can survive the longest, inshaa'Allah .:p

            I did this a while back (along with going all wholegrain, brown rice, red top milk, no oil, etc, etc), it was tough, but I felt the benefits. Became leaner very quickly, felt lighter and more energetic, alhamdulillah, mentally, as well, I think it gives you a little something.

            After a couple of weeks I got used to it and anything with a bit of sugar tasted ridiculously sweet.

            (Ps. It really helped in general when it came to other things, related to i'baadah, alhamdulillah, self restraint in talking, being careless, etc... Although, that could be because at the time, the original motivation was deeni first, and not the other way around... We could try to go into it with a good niyyah, inshaaAllah.)

            I guess we could maybe set a target of a certain number of days and then extend that...(?)
            I agree. Once you get started on "sugary" things - it becomes harder to stop. However, the benefits of going "No Sugar" are great. Better skin, mobility, clarity - and there are better results working out In Sha Allaah. (Like you said).

            We can start Monday In Sha Allaah - and the goal would be to continue until Sunday. This will complete week one. Thereafter we can continue it week by week and see how long we can go.

            I wrote "Lifestyle" - as that is what the goal ultimately is. To instill better eating habits and be healthier long term In Sha Allaah.

            Comment


            • Fakhri
              Fakhri commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I intend to stay on it, inshaaAllah, so I like that sister has mentioned 'lifestyle'... It's nice to have the little targets and milestones... Hopefully, in the process of reaching those we like the benefits too much and it becomes easy enough to to not want to stop. Jazaa'akillah Khair. It's nice to have postive things we can work to instill in us collectively. Alhamdulillah.

          • #9
            Brothers Abisali and Simply Logical. Are you up for this? Can't seem to tag you.

            Comment


            • #10
              Sisters Ya'sin, Aynina and Username(something) ...

              Comment


              • #11
                I have gone cold turkey before but sugar seems to be in everything so its difficult to give it up for life..
                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                Comment


                • #12
                  Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                  I have gone cold turkey before but sugar seems to be in everything so its difficult to give it up for life..
                  It is practically in everything, but that's the challenge.

                  How long did you do it for?

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    Br Abisali Br muslim thinker
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      Sr Ya'sin Sr aynina
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                      -------------------------------
                      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        https://i.redd.it/7xozuzsxguk11.jpg Are these donuts your enemy???
                        They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
                        And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

                        I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
                        For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X