Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    @Abisali

Did you re-start your diet? How's it going?

My diet went out the window in January, unfortunately. The shaytaan has trapped me with procrastination (my biggest problem in life). I am going to try to restart it tomorrow, Inshallah. I dropped 60 pounds giving up sugar and carbs, and was never really hungry while doing it, and then one Boston cream donut lead to a slice of cake, which led to chocolate eclairs, which led to many pints of My biggest weakness).

Please make duaa that I finally stick with the diet tomorrow. My goal is to completely give up sugar again, and eat healthy for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

My diet went out the window in January, unfortunately. The shaytaan has trapped me with procrastination (my biggest problem in life). I am going to try to restart it tomorrow, Inshallah. I dropped 60 pounds giving up sugar and carbs, and was never really hungry while doing it, and then one Boston cream donut lead to a slice of cake, which led to chocolate eclairs, which led to many pints of My biggest weakness).

Please make duaa that I finally stick with the diet tomorrow. My goal is to completely give up sugar again, and eat healthy for the rest of my life.
      Haagen-Dazs. A fine choice.

I don't think cutting out sugar COMPLETELY is the way. You'll gain it back once you start eating normally. It's like those milkshake diets some people do. Having something as a lifestyle means it should be sustainable and you should enjoy it. Can you live the rest of your life without icecream?

The trick is to treat yourself with a small portion of something sweet to satisfy your taste buds. So limit it to one donut a day, or one scoop of icecream. You'll lose weight and be able to enjoy your foods.

Exercise aids weightloss. It speeds up the process and boosts your metabolism. (If you don't do so already, add some weight training if possible - nothing too strenuous).

A teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of warm water on an empty stomach and before bedtime also helps.

Or you could try IF for a couple of weeks and eat within a set time frame.

Whatever you decide, make sure you have your goal/intention in mind and start with Bismillaah.

May Allaah grant you the strength and willpower to complete your goal. Aameen.

Comment

Haagen-Dazs. A fine choice.

I don't think cutting out sugar COMPLETELY is the way. You'll gain it back once you start eating normally. It's like those milkshake diets some people do. Having something as a lifestyle means it should be sustainable and you should enjoy it. Can you live the rest of your life without icecream?

The trick is to treat yourself with a small portion of something sweet to satisfy your taste buds. So limit it to one donut a day, or one scoop of icecream. You'll lose weight and be able to enjoy your foods.

Exercise aids weightloss. It speeds up the process and boosts your metabolism. (If you don't do so already, add some weight training if possible - nothing too strenuous).

A teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of warm water on an empty stomach and before bedtime also helps.

Or you could try IF for a couple of weeks and eat within a set time frame.

Whatever you decide, make sure you have your goal/intention in mind and start with Bismillaah.

May Allaah grant you the strength and willpower to complete your goal. Aameen.
        https://healingthebody.ca/reasons-su...us/#gs.v4hsDoo

Comment

It is narrated in al-SaheehaynThought to remind you, if you are fasting for rewards and good deeds then the above hadeeth states it is better fast one day and leave the next and so on and so forth.

The formula for weightloss is less calorie consumption so In Sha Allaah your plan will work. Just stay motivated.

Comment

Ramadhaan is fast approaching so it will be dry fasting from 3:30am until 9pm.

I'm hoping to eat Muesli for suhoor and fruit/salad for Iftar. Will eat "proper" meal after Tarawih prayers In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Ramadhaan is fast approaching so it will be dry fasting from 3:30am until 9pm.

I'm hoping to eat Muesli for suhoor and fruit/salad for Iftar. Will eat "proper" meal after Tarawih prayers In Sha Allaah.
              Eating very late at night...does not sound very healthy or sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Eating very late at night...does not sound very healthy or sensible.
                It'll probably be something light anyway. And that works for me.

I would ban the samosas and fried foods if I had my way.

Comment

It'll probably be something light anyway. And that works for me.

I would ban the samosas and fried foods if I had my way.
                  All paindus say that at the start and then after 2 days they have it coming out of their ears.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                    General McChrystal, Kohei Uchimuras (the greatest male gymnast of all time), and Herschel Walker (an MMA fighter) all ate one meal a day. This shows that one meal a day and fasting does not affect you negatively.

The eat three meals a day or six is nonsense and horrible for your health.

Most important of all binging like that is not Islamic.
                    ronda rousey also just has one meal a day

Comment

• indefinable ive started the warrior diet, been doing it since about sunday,
                      i encourage everyone who wants to lose weight to try out IF,
                      its easy to do with real results,
                      even on the bodybuilding fitness forums IF is very popular

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                        indefinable ive started the warrior diet, been doing it since about sunday,
                        i encourage everyone who wants to lose weight to try out IF,
                        its easy to do with real results,
                        even on the bodybuilding fitness forums IF is very popular
                        Yeah, most bodybuilders do this. Are you doing the one meal a day?

It's great for a number of reasons, you tend to build muscle and lose fat too. So some people may not see the weightloss on the scale but physically they'll have lost inches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Yeah, most bodybuilders do this. Are you doing the one meal a day?

It's great for a number of reasons, you tend to build muscle and lose fat too. So some people may not see the weightloss on the scale but physically they'll have lost inches.
                          well today i had just one meal although it was pizza lol

im going to start doing the one meal a day Insha'Allah

when are you going to start IF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

well today i had just one meal although it was pizza lol

im going to start doing the one meal a day Insha'Allah

when are you going to start IF?
                            Probably on the days I'm not dry fasting. But will start properly in a couple of weeks time InSha Allaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Probably on the days I'm not dry fasting. But will start properly in a couple of weeks time InSha Allaah.
                              Insha'Allah

keep us posted with how it goes

wonder if anyone else is doing IF

Comment

• Fledge Fitness on youtube has some really good vids about IF,
                                theres vids of his body transformation too but be warned he's topless

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X