Intermittent Fasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Did you do IF for weightloss or general health? What are your hours?
    I did it to reduce body fat.

Eating hours 1pm-9pm.

Comment

I dont intermittent in its traditional sense, Ive been trying to fast every other day. its difficult at times but would like to start up again soon. But yeah skipping breakfast really does help keep weight off and reduces overall calorics consumption

Comment

agreed, look at my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

I did it to reduce body fat.

Eating hours 1pm-9pm.
          And it took you two months? Try cutting out carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by whadda View Post
            I dont intermittent in its traditional sense, Ive been trying to fast every other day. its difficult at times but would like to start up again soon. But yeah skipping breakfast really does help keep weight off and reduces overall calorics consumption
            Islamic fasting of every other day is far more superior.

Comment

And it took you two months? Try cutting out carbs.
              I ate at a caloric deficit.

I thought it was working quite well.

Comment

Islamic fasting of every other day is far more superior.
                Agreed.

Comment

Dr. Jason Fung even breaks down how fasting can be used to reverse diabetes type 2.

Dr. Timothy Noakes was a big eat carb and exercise proponent. He ran marathons himself. He ended up with diabetes. He admitted what they teach you about eat high carbs and three meals a day is all nonsense.

Dr. Darren Schmidt breaks down the science of why it is important to spike insulin and how fasting is a must. He also talks about how fasting kills cancer. Fasting to kill cancer takes advantage of the Warburg effect.
                  Watch those eyes

Comment

General McChrystal, Kohei Uchimuras (the greatest male gymnast of all time), and Herschel Walker (an MMA fighter) all ate one meal a day. This shows that one meal a day and fasting does not affect you negatively.

The eat three meals a day or six is nonsense and horrible for your health.

Most important of all binging like that is not Islamic.
                    Watch those eyes

Comment

Upton Sinclair wrote the book The Fasting Cure. This is back in 1911. He documented 250+ cases of patients who recovered from prolonged fasting. The fasts went up to 21 days.

This is the power of fasting and not stuffing yourself all the time.

Those interested can download the book and give it a read.

There is also the case of the Scottish man who fasted for 382 days. He only drank water and took a multivitamin. It was supervised. The fasting had no prolonged ill effects.

It is a pity that Muslims have been brainwashed by kaafirs about all the wrong things.

They look to make sure that the Qur'aan and Sunnah complies with science to increase their faith.

The fact is that science and research are not up to the mark of the Qur'aan and Sunnah. At times they reach the truth as outlined in the Qur'aan and Sunnah. At times they never do.

A Muslim needs to judge science by the Qur'aan and Sunnah. Not the other way around. If science says one thing and the Qur'aan and authentic hadith say another, you throw science out the window. You follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah. This Diin is from the One who does not make mistakes. He is perfect. Everything He has revealed is perfect.

And whatever happens in your life is a result of what Allaah ordained. He ordains the best for His slaves. Imagine when the benefits of not eating were not known and people had to go by faith that since Allaah put them in this situation it is best for them. They did it and reaped benefits we now not only see with our eyes but have those promote it who once opposed it!

Islam is perfect. Everything Allaah does in your life is best for you. Have faith and good conjecture of Allaah.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
                        I just did a water fast for 5 1/2 days and lost around 6 kilos. The hardest part was the food cravings as I didn't really get too hungry during the whole thing. My wife has been doing intermittent fasting for several months now and she lost almost 7 kilos. We're both now on a limited carb diet to keep blood-sugar levels low and to keep it from spiking as well.

We're both in the "healthy" BMI range so it's not that we need to drop weight so much as we want to be healthier than we already are, In Sha' Allah.

Healthy bodies mean healthy minds that are able to study and practice Islam better and for longer, In Sha' Allah.
                        If you take Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements - they should help you with lowering your blood sugar levels.

Comment

If you take Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements - they should help you with lowering your blood sugar levels.
                          Jazaki Llahu khayran. We don't have high blood-sugar levels, al-Hamdu li-Llahi. It's just that we're trying to choose a healthy diet to prevent diabetes later on. Both of our families have a history of it. With healthy food choices and habits, there's not much of a need for supplements, In Sha' Allah.

Comment

The weight you lose on prolonged water fasts is mainly water weight.

You only lose a maximum of 1/2 pound of fat per day.

Anyone who does a prolong fast will gain most of the water weight again.
                            Watch those eyes

Comment

@Abisali

Did you re-start your diet? How's it going?

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Unless I'm thinking about something totally different, I think it's spelled Matcha Tea. All it is is green tea leaves that ground to a powder. It has a stronger taste and supposedly more amounts of the stuff that's supposed to be good for you that green tea normally has.

On in a side note, when making green tea (not the matcha version) you're not supposed to get the tea to boiling. Just hot to where it's almost boiling but won't burn your tongue. Then you're supposed to take the water off the burner (or pour in cup) and steep the tea for 2-3 minutes. Not much longer.

And on in a final note. White Tea, Green Tea, And Black Tea all come from the same tea leaves. There's a difference in the age of the leaves and how they're processed
                                Can't seem to tag you. But see comment above please In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X