Intermittent Fasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

what brand did you get? and did you get it online?

the pure one tastes the same as normal green tea imo
    Got it from the Grape Tree Store and the brand is Pukka.

Comment

Alxamdulilah yes, I'm on a streak. I am much more energised nowadays.

Comment

Yes, and I felt way more active than I do when I eat three meals. I used to do the 16 hour one.
        Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Asmaa19 View Post
          Alxamdulilah yes, I'm on a streak. I am much more energised nowadays.
          What type food are you eating if you don't mind me asking?

​​​​​​And what time frame is yours
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Lol. Being a stick isn't all that - It's good to be healthy weight. Get an anti-burst gym ball. You can do so much with it, and it's fun.
            I would love to
            sounds fun but it's not practical with other people about
            My room isn't big enough

I actually prefer being a stick :/

Lol
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
              Yes, and I felt way more active than I do when I eat three meals. I used to do the 16 hour one.
              That's the recommended one - 16 to 18 hour window.

You don't do it any more?

Comment

I would love to
                sounds fun but it's not practical with other people about
                My room isn't big enough

I actually prefer being a stick :/

Lol
                Crunches, planks, mountain climbers, leg raises, all strengthen the muscles - I realise most exercises use the wrists but try and find a way In Sha Allaah. May Allaah make it easy for you.

You can be skinny but still fat - if you're not active enough - if you get what I mean. Try and increase your physical activity, even if it's jumping jacks, or skipping etc.

Comment

That's the recommended one - 16 to 18 hour window.

You don't do it any more?
                  I restarted again. I did three 24 hour ones and two 16-18 hour ones.

Then I decided its best I just follow the Islamic fast every other day.

That way I get the rewards in the next world and the health benefits.
                  Watch those eyes

Comment

I restarted again. I did three 24 hour ones and two 16-18 hour ones.

Then I decided its best I just follow the Islamic fast every other day.

That way I get the rewards in the next world and the health benefits.
                    24 hour fasts seem daunting initially, but the body gets used to it.

I agree - I think you're the second person to say this - Islamic fasts every other day seem like a better option.

Comment

24 hour fasts seem daunting initially, but the body gets used to it.

I agree - I think you're the second person to say this - Islamic fasts every other day seem like a better option.

You see the thing is that science is always going to be behind. I was listening to Thomas DeLauer saying how a dry fast is so much more powerful than a water fast.

Most of those who intermittent fast do the water fast. And then he goes on about how you should fast every other day as it will give you more benefits.

All of those things about dry fasting and alternate day fasting reminded me how Islamic fasts are perfect.

The only place he differed was he advocates 24 hour fasts while Islamic fasts are not that long.

This is where science is behind. They finally caught up to how dry fast and alternate is the way to go, soon they will find this out too.

All in all, after listening to all this I remembered what my best friend's sister (she unfortunately is an apostate while her brother is a staunch Muslim) said to him when she learned about intermittent fasting benefits: "You are ahead of your time."

He replied: "No, I am not. I just follow what Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) say."

Keeping all this in mind, I said to myself I might as well save myself the trouble and get rewards and benefits while I do the Islamic fast as opposed to the intermittent fasting which relies on science which will always be way behind what Allaah has ordained.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

Another thing I must add is that on the days people do eat they should remember and follow the following hadith:

Miqdam bin Ma'dikarib said:

"I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying: 'The human does not fill any container that is worse than his stomach.

It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat what will support his back.
                        If this is not possible, then a third for food, a third for drink, and third for his breath."
                        [Jaami' al-Tirmidhi Hadith No. 2380]

You want energy levels. You want to feel good. You want rewards in the next world. You want to avoid diseases in this world.

Subhaan Allaah, that is all the advice you need.

Watch those eyes

Comment

You see the thing is that science is always going to be behind. I was listening to Thomas DeLauer saying how a dry fast is so much more powerful than a water fast.

Most of those who intermittent fast do the water fast. And then he goes on about how you should fast every other day as it will give you more benefits.

All of those things about dry fasting and alternate day fasting reminded me how Islamic fasts are perfect.

The only place he differed was he advocates 24 hour fasts while Islamic fasts are not that long.

This is where science is behind. They finally caught up to how dry fast and alternate is the way to go, soon they will find this out too.

All in all, after listening to all this I remembered what my best friend's sister (she unfortunately is an apostate while her brother is a staunch Muslim) said to him when she learned about intermittent fasting benefits: "You are ahead of your time."

He replied: "No, I am not. I just follow what Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) say."

Keeping all this in mind, I said to myself I might as well save myself the trouble and get rewards and benefits while I do the Islamic fast as opposed to the intermittent fasting which relies on science which will always be way behind what Allaah has ordained.
                          Dry fasting is more effective than water fasting.

think by doing IF for such a long time, I've become accustomed to drinking a LOT of water. To the extent that dry fasting seems... difficult.

I normally follow Dr Eric Berg on FB. His videos are mostly health related/nutrition/weightloss.

DeLauer is body builder I think. I know most body builders do IF, but I didn't know they did dry-fasting.

I'm definitely going to take your advice on board though In Sha Allaah.

جزاك اللهُ خيرًا

Comment

What type food are you eating if you don't mind me asking?

​​​​​​And what time frame is yours
                            Mostly chicken and pastas and sometimes I have beans. I'm trying to eat less oily foods and much more veggies now too.
                            I go from dinnertime to lunch at around 2 pm. Good luck with whatever you choose to do xx

Comment

I did intermittent fasting for the past few months and I've lost around 8 lbs. Looks like it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                                I did intermittent fasting for the past few months and I've lost around 8 lbs. Looks like it works.
                                Did you do IF for weightloss or general health? What are your hours?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X