Intermittent Fasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Macha tea - haven't tried it, is it any good? What does it do?

Yup, a lot of eggs and fish. Maybe some carbs like wholegrain bread.

Do you want to gain muscle? What's your goal?
    it has similar benefits as green tea but better and it tastes the same (imo):

different flavours available, I've only tried original (from local supermarket)

https://bluebirdteaco.com/uk_en/cocoa-matcha-30g.html
    matchasource.com/health-benefits-of-matcha-tea/

I love seeded bread with boiled egg or avocado

my original goal was to get stronger because I'm a weak little chicken so I suppose that's akin to gaining muscles and energy (have you checked out muslimbodybuilding website?

I'm not too interested in making changes any time soon, a little apprehensive about it, I say it's a wrist problem but it's a whole hand problem that could be connected to tendon, just waiting to see (GP is always a last resort because they are tight with making referrals and this has been ongoing problem for me that I've been wishing would just go away)
    He said it's not carpal tunnel syndrome, could be arthritis but I hope it heals even though it's been over a year

sorry for going off topic lol

Jazak Allah hu khair

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I just did a water fast for 5 1/2 days and lost around 6 kilos. The hardest part was the food cravings as I didn't really get too hungry during the whole thing. My wife has been doing intermittent fasting for several months now and she lost almost 7 kilos. We're both now on a limited carb diet to keep blood-sugar levels low and to keep it from spiking as well.

We're both in the "healthy" BMI range so it's not that we need to drop weight so much as we want to be healthier than we already are, In Sha' Allah.

Healthy bodies mean healthy minds that are able to study and practice Islam better and for longer, In Sha' Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

it has similar benefits as green tea but better and it tastes the same (imo):

different flavours available, I've only tried original (from local supermarket)

https://bluebirdteaco.com/uk_en/cocoa-matcha-30g.html
        matchasource.com/health-benefits-of-matcha-tea/

I love seeded bread with boiled egg or avocado

my original goal was to get stronger because I'm a weak little chicken so I suppose that's akin to gaining muscles and energy (have you checked out muslimbodybuilding website?

I'm not too interested in making changes any time soon, a little apprehensive about it, I say it's a wrist problem but it's a whole hand problem that could be connected to tendon, just waiting to see (GP is always a last resort because they are tight with making referrals and this has been ongoing problem for me that I've been wishing would just go away)
        He said it's not carpal tunnel syndrome, could be arthritis but I hope it heals even though it's been over a year

sorry for going off topic lol

Jazak Allah hu khair

Yeah, then you should start strength training. Google nutritious info and YT it too. You'll get wealth of info.

I'll check out the tea In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
          I just did a water fast for 5 1/2 days and lost around 6 kilos. The hardest part was the food cravings as I didn't really get too hungry during the whole thing. My wife has been doing intermittent fasting for several months now and she lost almost 7 kilos. We're both now on a limited carb diet to keep blood-sugar levels low and to keep it from spiking as well.

We're both in the "healthy" BMI range so it's not that we need to drop weight so much as we want to be healthier than we already are, In Sha' Allah.

Healthy bodies mean healthy minds that are able to study and practice Islam better and for longer, In Sha' Allah.
          Low carb diet - is that the same as the keto diet?

How did you feel after the water fast for 5 and 1/2 days? That's quite an achievement.

I think I might do that some time soon, but just a bit hesitant right now.

Comment

Macha tea - haven't tried it, is it any good? What does it do?

Yup, a lot of eggs and fish. Maybe some carbs like wholegrain bread.

Do you want to gain muscle? What's your goal?
            Unless I'm thinking about something totally different, I think it's spelled Matcha Tea. All it is is green tea leaves that ground to a powder. It has a stronger taste and supposedly more amounts of the stuff that's supposed to be good for you that green tea normally has.

On in a side note, when making green tea (not the matcha version) you're not supposed to get the tea to boiling. Just hot to where it's almost boiling but won't burn your tongue. Then you're supposed to take the water off the burner (or pour in cup) and steep the tea for 2-3 minutes. Not much longer.

And on in a final note. White Tea, Green Tea, And Black Tea all come from the same tea leaves. There's a difference in the age of the leaves and how they're processed

Comment

Ok so I did the intermittent fast thing yesterday (doing it again today) and I felt so energised and slept really well last night. I kinda overate though because I was going to have two protein bars but I had four hhhh. I went to the gym this morning and it was one of my best sessions ever. I'm going to keep going until I feel really fit Insha'Allah.

Comment

Low carb diet - is that the same as the keto diet?

How did you feel after the water fast for 5 and 1/2 days? That's quite an achievement.

I think I might do that some time soon, but just a bit hesitant right now.
                It's similar to the keto diet, just not as strict about carbs.

I felt great after the 5 1/2 day water fast. Just had to take small portions of food initially. Definitely low in energy but not suffering by any stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                  i used to do it, i was doing the warrior diet so 20 hours fasting and 4 hours eating, i lurved it and was shedding body fat really quick as i was working out in a fasted state

i really need to start doing it again inshaAllah
                  Have you re-started it? Maybe start with something easier like 18:6 and then get into 20:4?

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Unless I'm thinking about something totally different, I think it's spelled Matcha Tea. All it is is green tea leaves that ground to a powder. It has a stronger taste and supposedly more amounts of the stuff that's supposed to be good for you that green tea normally has.

On in a side note, when making green tea (not the matcha version) you're not supposed to get the tea to boiling. Just hot to where it's almost boiling but won't burn your tongue. Then you're supposed to take the water off the burner (or pour in cup) and steep the tea for 2-3 minutes. Not much longer.

And on in a final note. White Tea, Green Tea, And Black Tea all come from the same tea leaves. There's a difference in the age of the leaves and how they're processed
                    Thanks for the info. I'll try the Matcha Tea In Sha Allaah, just haven't gotten round to purchasing it.

Have you tried IF?

Comment

Originally posted by Asmaa19 View Post
                      Ok so I did the intermittent fast thing yesterday (doing it again today) and I felt so energised and slept really well last night. I kinda overate though because I was going to have two protein bars but I had four hhhh. I went to the gym this morning and it was one of my best sessions ever. I'm going to keep going until I feel really fit Insha'Allah.
                      Well done! Keep it up. How's it going? What are your hours?

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post

It's similar to the keto diet, just not as strict about carbs.

I felt great after the 5 1/2 day water fast. Just had to take small portions of food initially. Definitely low in energy but not suffering by any stretch.
                        To be honest - I don't think I could do the keto way of eating. It's too limiting. If it allowed fruit, then it's manageable, but without fresh fruit in a diet, it just seems unnecessary punishment.

Comment

neelu - IF has helped some women with health conditions (inc. Lyme disease). Are you familiar with it?

Comment

I've heard of it, but I'm too ill to fast at all. haven't been able to fast since 2007.

neelu - IF has helped some women with health conditions (inc. Lyme disease). Are you familiar with it?
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll try the Matcha Tea In Sha Allaah, just haven't gotten round to purchasing it.

Have you tried IF?
                              From my reading, intermittent fasting is basically what we do during Ramadan, just with healthier food. I lost 60 pounds in about 4 months eating only twice a day, and giving up all sugar (including fruit except for a half cup of blueberries a day), grains (wheat, oats barley, rice), dairy and anything with high carbohydrates (potatoes). So basically all I had was mostly green veggies, meat, chicken, eggs, and shirataki noodles(aka miracle noodles, made from Japanese konjac root, not tofu).

I fell off the band wagon and need to get back on the diet, and need to start exercising. Please make dua'a for me.

Comment

Have you re-started it? Maybe start with something easier like 18:6 and then get into 20:4?
                                im going to start in a few weeks time InshaAllah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X