Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    never done it but I was planning on making it a must to fast Thursdays and Mondays, that could have similar benefits perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• P1RAT3N
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Yes it does. Did it cure your stomach issues? It's helped me with my tea addiction.
    It stopped me from eating everything I found. I got a hold of myself cuz I don't want to "lose to myself". It was a challenge. And I passed.

sadly 20:4 did not cure anything. I had to cut it and make it 12:12. My mid could handle it, but my stomach gave up so I ended up shortening it. Also, I need energy for studies, it's har without food for 20 hours

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post

To cure my stomach issues. And also to find a balance with both training and food consumtion. Worked wonders.

Even training became more effective.
    Yes it does. Did it cure your stomach issues? It's helped me with my tea addiction.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Asmaa19 View Post

(Love this #teamuselessbrackettalk)
    /thread- I'm interested in this fasting at certain times thing but, and it's a big BUT, I'm so disorganised and forget to eat so I doubt I'd be very successful. Does it make you feel more energised because I've been feeling tired a lot more lately
    I'd say that it gives a person a lot more energy.

Leave a comment:

• P1RAT3N
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

The warrior version is alright, maybe once/twice a week. I've been doing it non-stop for a while now, there are a lot of health benefits associated with IF.

What got you into it?
    To cure my stomach issues. And also to find a balance with both training and food consumtion. Worked wonders.

Even training became more effective.

Leave a comment:

• Asmaa19
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

(The post was probably not too relevant to OP sister. Guessing different reasons for doing IF. Also, was a quite limited experience with it, so again, probably not much use in that sense too.

I posted partly because it had been left unanswered to that point, also so it might attract more useful responses. Feel like I've just explained myself out of having committed a hefty crime! :] ... Charged with unnecessary and excessive use of brackets. :p )
    (Love this #teamuselessbrackettalk)
    /thread- I'm interested in this fasting at certain times thing but, and it's a big BUT, I'm so disorganised and forget to eat so I doubt I'd be very successful. Does it make you feel more energised because I've been feeling tired a lot more lately

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    (Only for a short time... Didn't make sense to do intermittent fasting. Found myself asking myself the question, why am I doing this when I could just as well fast properly. It wasn't really in line with what I was looking to get out of training/working out either.

I​​​​​ found keeping a regular fast and eating during the windows after iftaar meant it was similar in effect on the body. For myself that is. Probably didn't do it long enough to form a proper opinion on it, but the carb cycling element of it you ought to get just from a normal fast. Allahu a'lam.)
    Yes, of course - nothing can surpass the spiritual/physical effects of fasting the Islamic way.

I think it becomes a lifestyle if you continue it non-stop, and there are a lot of health benefits of eating within a certain time window.

Also - working out in the 'fasted' state has more of an impact on your training - you see better results in short period of time.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post
    I did it just to challenge myself. I still do it from time to time but unintentionally cuz i forget to eat. I did the warrior version (20:4).
    The warrior version is alright, maybe once/twice a week. I've been doing it non-stop for a while now, there are a lot of health benefits associated with IF.

What got you into it?

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

(Why is your whole post in brackets)?
    fixed

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

Why is your whole post in brackets?
    (The post was probably not too relevant to OP sister. Guessing different reasons for doing IF. Also, was a quite limited experience with it, so again, probably not much use in that sense too.

I posted partly because it had been left unanswered to that point, also so it might attract more useful responses. Feel like I've just explained myself out of having committed a hefty crime! :] ... Charged with unnecessary and excessive use of brackets. :p )

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    (Only for a short time... Didn't make sense to do intermittent fasting. Found myself asking myself the question, why am I doing this when I could just as well fast properly. It wasn't really in line with what I was looking to get out of training/working out either.

I​​​​​ found keeping a regular fast and eating during the windows after iftaar meant it was similar in effect on the body. For myself that is. Probably didn't do it long enough to form a proper opinion on it, but the carb cycling element of it you ought to get just from a normal fast. Allahu a'lam.)
    Why is your whole post in brackets?

Leave a comment:

• P1RAT3N
    replied
    I did it just to challenge myself. I still do it from time to time but unintentionally cuz i forget to eat. I did the warrior version (20:4).

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    started a topic Intermittent Fasting.

Intermittent Fasting.

Anyone tried this?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X