Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent Fasting.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm kinda up for it, but I don't if I could do omad

    Comment


    • I started this IF again. My eating window is 12-5. Also added exercise. So far lost 2 pounds and I feel strong and heath already.

      Comment


      • I really love IF because it's such a good way to manage weight gain without feeling like I'm starving myself. Just yesterday I had a tuna bagel with everything in it including mayo, pasta with beef stew and veggies, salad, orange juice, garlic bread, a brownie and a cookie, watermelon. And instead of gaining weight, I'm losing it. All because of IF and a little workout in the morning and of course with the help of Allah.
        Last edited by LaylaAb; 15-07-20, 11:44 PM.

        Comment


        • I have just discovered autophagy and ran to UF to see if anyone knew anything about it. Amazing how many of you are already doing it...

          But the most amazing about autophagy is that scientists discovered something Allah told us long time ago to do :)

          Now, I have a question for all of you. Do you know anything about Davud's AS fasting? Was it like our Ramadan fasting (breaking fast in maghrib time and opening in Fajr time), or was it similar to old Jewish way of fasting?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Loving View Post
            I have just discovered autophagy and ran to UF to see if anyone knew anything about it. Amazing how many of you are already doing it...

            But the most amazing about autophagy is that scientists discovered something Allah told us long time ago to do :)

            Now, I have a question for all of you. Do you know anything about Davud's AS fasting? Was it like our Ramadan fasting (breaking fast in maghrib time and opening in Fajr time), or was it similar to old Jewish way of fasting?
            As far as im aware he fasted every other day in regards to how he fasted im not sure anyone truly knows that but it's best to follow our rasool (saw)


            Allahu alam

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Woahthere View Post

              As far as im aware he fasted every other day in regards to how he fasted im not sure anyone truly knows that but it's best to follow our rasool (saw)


              Allahu alam
              Yeah, I was thinking, since fasting is actually this autophagy (plus spiritual feeding), maybe he fasted 24 hours and didn't next 24. As far as I know, that's how Jews fasted before our Rasool saw

              Comment


              • Anyone doing this currently. I have started again.

                Comment


                • IF is defo the way forward. I’ve been doing it for years alhamdulillah and couldn’t see me ever stopping. I’ll wake up in the AM, have a black coffee with stevia (zero cal). Head to the gym, consume just water and add BCAA occasionally - come home, chill and then eat later on that day. Not strict as I used to be with my feeding hours (used to fast approx 16-20 hrs) but I always train on an empty stomach. A lot of health benefits as well.. LaylaAb, keep it up

                  Comment


                  • really interesting talk, got about halfway through

                    Fasting For Survival Lecture by Dr Pradip Jamnadas

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuOvn4UqznU

                    Comment


                    • not gonna lie im so disappointed in myself i did start IF as of last night but im annoyed i planned to eat later on in the day but i smelt the food and the fitna the temptation was too much for me

                      ive gained weight and become such a yo yo the last say 5 plus years

                      i swear i hate myself for not having discipline and letting myself go

                      i will stop eating earlier today and will not eat till much later tomorrow in sha Allah

                      anyone else up for doing IF with me?

                      Comment


                      • aelmo you still doing IF?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          not gonna lie im so disappointed in myself i did start IF as of last night but im annoyed i planned to eat later on in the day but i smelt the food and the fitna the temptation was too much for me

                          ive gained weight and become such a yo yo the last say 5 plus years

                          i swear i hate myself for not having discipline and letting myself go

                          i will stop eating earlier today and will not eat till much later tomorrow in sha Allah

                          anyone else up for doing IF with me?
                          swear im just sat here knocking back a lucozade drowning my sorrows

                          Comment


                          • Why not fast Mondays and Thursdays or every other day? That's the sunnah.

                            Not saying this is haram, but if you're going to fast anyway, why not get the most out of it?

                            Comment

                            Collapse

                            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                            Working...
                            X