X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartakos View Post
    I did for a long time, that helps me be focused at the morning and later on the night (after my last meal)
    that means i dont eat all night till 2-3 PM and from 2-3pm untill 8-10 pm i can eat atleast twice.

it depends what u want anyways.. u wanna loose fat? bellly fat? then it will help..
    its all about why u wanna do such a thing
    Anything that helps lose fat is always a bonus.

But there are other benefits to IF too. I'd copy/paste but for some reason I can't post the info.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

thanks

my wrists are huge problem (seeing the GP for 'progress' in sha Allah it'll be ok, have to use stylus pens/and soon splinters for support) I have to give it time like you said because i'lll injure myself but I can't do push up as it HURTS SO BAD, this is a problem for people with chicken wrists (mine are small lol)

yeh I will try to get back on it **I think

no, in sha Allah I will when things settle (a lot of stuff going on and some days I just like sitting in a corner reminiscing like a mad woman)
    Okay, but don't stop exercising due to your wrist hurting. You can use weighted balls, they look like a normal football but are heavier. You can try low impact exercises with that.

Start at 3kg and work up In Sha Allaah. This way you will be using your hands, more than your wrist.

I'm not expert though, so ask your GP beforehand.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied

Any change with my food intake would be for this reason

What do you eat for the four hours, protein based food?

Have you tried macha tea? Comes in chocolate and vanilla flavour
    Macha tea - haven't tried it, is it any good? What does it do?

Yup, a lot of eggs and fish. Maybe some carbs like wholegrain bread.

Do you want to gain muscle? What's your goal?

Leave a comment:

• Spartakos
    replied
    I did for a long time, that helps me be focused at the morning and later on the night (after my last meal)
    that means i dont eat all night till 2-3 PM and from 2-3pm untill 8-10 pm i can eat atleast twice.

it depends what u want anyways.. u wanna loose fat? bellly fat? then it will help..
    its all about why u wanna do such a thing

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post

It's not a diet, its' just eating food during other times of the day. Same amount of food and calories, but you gotta eat them in a short timespan.

Yes, I do lift weights, loads of sports and martial arts. Food is no problem but not drinking water is hard, gotta admit that lol ( there's a rule in IF, you gotta excercise before breaking your fast) . Also you gain weight lifting, but it's cuz muscles weight more than fat. I suggest you look at your shape and not the scale cuz it can be super missleading.

Train your wrist before doing any heavy exercise, or you'll end up hurting yourself.
    do pushups with knees on the ground first and get used to them. Regular pushups comes after that. There's also special pushup bars you can purchase, puts less strain on your wrists.

excercise is good, don't give up sis. just start slowly.
    thanks

my wrists are huge problem (seeing the GP for 'progress' in sha Allah it'll be ok, have to use stylus pens/and soon splinters for support) I have to give it time like you said because i'lll injure myself but I can't do push up as it HURTS SO BAD, this is a problem for people with chicken wrists (mine are small lol)

yeh I will try to get back on it **I think

no, in sha Allah I will when things settle (a lot of stuff going on and some days I just like sitting in a corner reminiscing like a mad woman)

Leave a comment:

• P1RAT3N
    replied

wow

Sounds like something else

I'm not interested in diets but I have come across the benefits of intermittent fasting

I think aiming to do the sunnah fasts is challenging enough for me LMSO

Do you sisters lift weights while fasting? And how much?

I struggle with 10kg (lol I understand this is nothing for most people that lift weights) due to my wrists, hip and some slobbishness I have temporarily given up

I cannot be bovvad no more

Tea without sugar and milk is hard to swallow

It's not a diet, its' just eating food during other times of the day. Same amount of food and calories, but you gotta eat them in a short timespan.

Yes, I do lift weights, loads of sports and martial arts. Food is no problem but not drinking water is hard, gotta admit that lol ( there's a rule in IF, you gotta excercise before breaking your fast) . Also you gain weight lifting, but it's cuz muscles weight more than fat. I suggest you look at your shape and not the scale cuz it can be super missleading.

Train your wrist before doing any heavy exercise, or you'll end up hurting yourself.
    do pushups with knees on the ground first and get used to them. Regular pushups comes after that. There's also special pushup bars you can purchase, puts less strain on your wrists.

excercise is good, don't give up sis. just start slowly.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

I'd say that it gives a person a lot more energy.
    Any change with my food intake would be for this reason

What do you eat for the four hours, protein based food?

Have you tried macha tea? Comes in chocolate and vanilla flavour

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    I'm considering it
    I pretty much don't eat during the day anyway just have cups of tea. Black tea tastes vile to me though so might make an exception for low fat milk
    Tell me about it

Have you tried evaporated milk?

You can get light version, gives it a little bit creaminess without extra fat

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post

It stopped me from eating everything I found. I got a hold of myself cuz I don't want to "lose to myself". It was a challenge. And I passed.

sadly 20:4 did not cure anything. I had to cut it and make it 12:12. My mid could handle it, but my stomach gave up so I ended up shortening it. Also, I need energy for studies, it's har without food for 20 hours
    wow

Sounds like something else

I'm not interested in diets but I have come across the benefits of intermittent fasting

I think aiming to do the sunnah fasts is challenging enough for me LMSO

Do you sisters lift weights while fasting? And how much?

I struggle with 10kg (lol I understand this is nothing for most people that lift weights) due to my wrists, hip and some slobbishness I have temporarily given up

I cannot be bovvad no more

Tea without sugar and milk is hard to swallow

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    never done it but I was planning on making it a must to fast Thursdays and Mondays, that could have similar benefits perhaps?

Fasting Mondays and Thursdays is equivalent to the 5:2 diet. Whereby you fast two days and eat normally for the remainder of the five days. So you can do dry fasting which is the Islamic practice, and gain rewards and reap the health benefits too.

Intermittent fasting is done every day - it becomes an eating habit.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

MaashaaAllah. Alhamdulillah. It's excellent that sister is seeing the benefits of it and has been keeping to it.
    Tbh, when I had looked into it a while back before trying it, it seemed people's experiences with it were mostly positive or very positive.

I know it does help in keeping leaner, but for me, other than the somewhat conflicted thoughts on the fasting mentioned already, the working out fasted was/is a big factor.

It could likely be that I needed time adjusting mentally and physically to it, but after trying to lift heavy in that state, I didn't really see myself continuing.

I know other do manage it, though, so like I say, it could be that (getting used to it).

I think the general impression I got when looking into it was that for hypertrophy/mass building it would help stay lean while putting on size (and strength) but that it would be a slower process...

So, the way I saw it, cardio on an empty stomach and continuing a regular diet/training program would be more suitable, especially since enjoying doing the weights is quite a big part of it for me... Going all out while fasted, it wasn't the most appealing way to train, even if there are a lot of benefits we'd get by doing that.

Non-enhanced ( :p ) brothers who train on the intermediate-heavy side ...Would be great to get your thoughts on the training while fasted aspect of IF if You've been doing it for a while.
    It's not difficult at all - most people do IF without even realising it.

Say for example your eating window is 12-6pm, and you work out in the evening at 7-8pm, you won't really feel the hunger pangs, as you can drink as much water as you want to, and sleep thereafter.

Although tbh it is better to work out during your fasting period.

Most people I know who are into losing fat and gaining muscle just eat a lot more protein in their eating window.

As with anything - it's better to stick it out for at least 6 weeks before giving up.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    I'm considering it
    I pretty much don't eat during the day anyway just have cups of tea. Black tea tastes vile to me though so might make an exception for low fat milk
    It has to be black tea/coffee without any sweeteners.

I normally drink boiled water with apple cider vinegar and some cinnamon. Or just green tea (unsweetened).

Anything else and your 'fast' is broken as it spikes your insulin levels.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Yes, of course - nothing can surpass the spiritual/physical effects of fasting the Islamic way.

I think it becomes a lifestyle if you continue it non-stop, and there are a lot of health benefits of eating within a certain time window.

Also - working out in the 'fasted' state has more of an impact on your training - you see better results in short period of time.

MaashaaAllah. Alhamdulillah. It's excellent that sister is seeing the benefits of it and has been keeping to it.
    Tbh, when I had looked into it a while back before trying it, it seemed people's experiences with it were mostly positive or very positive.

I know it does help in keeping leaner, but for me, other than the somewhat conflicted thoughts on the fasting mentioned already, the working out fasted was/is a big factor.

It could likely be that I needed time adjusting mentally and physically to it, but after trying to lift heavy in that state, I didn't really see myself continuing.

I know other do manage it, though, so like I say, it could be that (getting used to it).

I think the general impression I got when looking into it was that for hypertrophy/mass building it would help stay lean while putting on size (and strength) but that it would be a slower process...

So, the way I saw it, cardio on an empty stomach and continuing a regular diet/training program would be more suitable, especially since enjoying doing the weights is quite a big part of it for me... Going all out while fasted, it wasn't the most appealing way to train, even if there are a lot of benefits we'd get by doing that.

Non-enhanced ( :p ) brothers who train on the intermediate-heavy side ...Would be great to get your thoughts on the training while fasted aspect of IF if You've been doing it for a while.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    I'm considering it

Leave a comment:

• P1RAT3N
    replied
    never done it but I was planning on making it a must to fast Thursdays and Mondays, that could have similar benefits perhaps?

the difference is that intermittent fasting is a lifestyle. You just eat food in a different time during the day and fast the rest. Water, black coffee and tea without sugar is alright to drink during the fast.
    So if you need 2500 KCAL a day, then you gotta eat that much before fasting. if you're fasting for 20hours then you need to eat 2500KCAL during the 4 hours you're allowed to consume food.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X