No announcement yet.

Intermittent Fasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abisali it might be beneficial to make yourself a checklist. I make a calendar every month and write down what I hope to achieve in that month and how I want to do it and then every day if I met my goal I will put a check on that day. I usually say that if I can do everything I need to do for at least 25 days and I achieved my goal in the end then I can treat myself to something nice. Not food but something I might like. I also give myself like 5 days of the month where I am allowed to eat dessert just so I am not overwhelmed and too restricted.

It's a good way to hold yourself accountable and if the thing you get at the end of the month is something you actually want then you will be more willing to fulfill your objective. Just make sure your goal is realistic. Make small goals in the beginning so that you will be more encouraged to keep going when you achieve them and then build up from there once you know that you have the capabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

How comes?

It really does help with recovery

It's big in the UK, loads of peeps take it (men & women)
      I don't know, I've just never gotten into that. I don't like to be so extra. Protein powder seems like one of those things that those gym people talk about. I haven't reached that level of obsession yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post

No, I have sworn off Kale. Never will I buy it again. I am fine with Spinach. I do have a blender and I assume you meant to say "not milk", which I will not be using. Instead, I will use coconut or almond milk.

I just need to go buy ten cake slices and say good bye to them all.

Just kidding...........kind of......
        Bro you might laugh but visualise your goal whether that be a 6pac, ripped, shredded or whatever become obsessed with it

You know c t Fletcher? If not check him out on YouTube he swears a lot but that guy is very inspirational and motivational

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I don't know, I've just never gotten into that. I don't like to be so extra. Protein powder seems like one of those things that those gym people talk about. I haven't reached that level of obsession yet.
          You have to be obsessed it's part and parcel of being motivated, it helps to reach your goals
          as c t Fletcher would say it's my magnificent obsession

Must be hard working out on your neck of the woods because it's so blimmin' hot lol

Comment

• Abisali

Sunnah fasting is Mondays and Thursdays.

(I think I read somewhere you mentioned Tuesday).

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              Abisali

Yea, after I mentioned Tuesday and read that it was Mondays as well.

Do you know the reason why Mondays and Thursdays are special? Or is it just a practice of the Prophet?

Comment

Abisali

Off topic- how do you tag someone like how you tagged me. I didn't receive any notification for it either, I just happened to read your comment when going through the thread. Is there a way to turn on the notification for it?

Comment

Off topic- how do you tag someone like how you tagged me. I didn't receive any notification for it either, I just happened to read your comment when going through the thread. Is there a way to turn on the notification for it?
                  I just put "@" in front of your username and it tags you. (You should see the users avatar next to their name).

I'm not sure why, maybe you haven't checked the box in User Settings which enables you to receive notification when someone mentions you?

Comment

Yea, after I mentioned Tuesday and read that it was Mondays as well.

Do you know the reason why Mondays and Thursdays are special? Or is it just a practice of the Prophet?
                    It's Sunnah, but also the reasoning is that deeds are presented by the Angels, every Mondays and Thursdays, and the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) wanted to be in the state of fasting when his (sallallahu alayhi wassalam's) deeds were presented.

I'll try and find the Hadeeth In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The deeds are presented on Monday and Thursday. Thus, I love for my deeds to be presented while I am fasting.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 747

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ تُعْرَضُ الْأَعْمَالُ يَوْمَ الِاثْنَيْنِ وَالْخَمِيسِ فَأُحِبُّ أَنْ يُعْرَضَ عَمَلِي وَأَنَا صَائِمٌ

747 سنن الترمذي كتاب الصوم باب ما جاء في صوم يوم الاثنين والخميس

747 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في

Comment

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The deeds are presented on Monday and Thursday. Thus, I love for my deeds to be presented while I am fasting.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 747

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ تُعْرَضُ الْأَعْمَالُ يَوْمَ الِاثْنَيْنِ وَالْخَمِيسِ فَأُحِبُّ أَنْ يُعْرَضَ عَمَلِي وَأَنَا صَائِمٌ

747 سنن الترمذي كتاب الصوم باب ما جاء في صوم يوم الاثنين والخميس

747 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في

Now I am even more motivated to start fasting Mondays and Thursdays.

Comment

• Abisali Mintchocchip aelmo Indefinable neelu

i dont know if youve heard of racheal sharpe? shes a youtuber who lost loads of weight by doing IF

she did alternate day fasting, so for example one day she wouldnt eat and the next day she'd do intermttent fasting so in a nutshell she goes a day and a half fasting,
                          really good results and its not that hard to do once you get used to it,
                          check out this vid its by fledge fitness who is really clued up about IF but he highlights racheal sharpe's journey and method of doing IF with impressive results

warning uncovered women etc

We can all learn from Rachel Sharp's intermittent, Alternate day fasting journey
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm786lUsMXE

Comment

You have to be obsessed it's part and parcel of being motivated, it helps to reach your goals
                            as c t Fletcher would say it's my magnificent obsession

Must be hard working out on your neck of the woods because it's so blimmin' hot lol
                            I am motivated but I don't want to go overboard. That just leads to eating disorders.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I am motivated but I don't want to go overboard. That just leads to eating disorders.
                              nah i have to disagree tbh, each to their own i suppose..

how did you initially find out IF?

think i came across it on youtube..

Comment

nah i have to disagree tbh, each to their own i suppose..

how did you initially find out IF?

think i came across it on youtube..
                                On here.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X