Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Well if you're getting toned then you can't complain

Getting those hunger pangs simply means you're eating away all your body fat

How many times do you workout during the week?
    No I can't! It's nice to make progress, but I am a few kg away from having to worry so I need to keep track of that.

I follow a schedule (its a female who does the program so I shouldn't mention it here) but pretty much everyday. I took a day off yesterday because I was so tired and hungry but I will just skip my next day off to make it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post

A lot. When I say a lot, I mean a massive amount. I'm like a whale with legs.

No, I can't skip at the moment. That would destroy all of my lower joints. I started walking, I just need to build it up more and get more consistent.
      yes, in Sha Allah you will get better at it the more you do it, just take it easy and if you get tired take a break

I am sure you already know but just wanted to encourage you

Eat mushrooms and vegetables, they are so delicious and healthy. I need to eat more too.

Ages ago I read about a man who ate creme eggs daily and then he stopped all that and ate mushrooms instead.

He lost alot of weight

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

No I can't! It's nice to make progress, but I am a few kg away from having to worry so I need to keep track of that.

I follow a schedule (its a female who does the program so I shouldn't mention it here) but pretty much everyday. I took a day off yesterday because I was so tired and hungry but I will just skip my next day off to make it up.
        You should have breaks it's good for the recovery of the body,
        i used to be non stop when I use to skip everyday before and I'd feel guilty if I had a day off

But I've learnt listening to your body over your mind is so crucial and important

What do you do when your skipping?
        I used to do 20 rounds with 40 seconds work and 20 seconds break it's a killer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

yes, in Sha Allah you will get better at it the more you do it, just take it easy and if you get tired take a break

Eat mushrooms and vegetables, they are so delicious and healthy. I need to eat more too.

Ages ago I read about a man who ate creme eggs daily and then he stopped all that and ate mushrooms instead.

He lost alot of weight

Lol @ ate creme eggs daily bet he ended up becoming a creme egg lool

Comment

He lost alot of weight

I love mushrooms. I can eat them every day. I even like popping them in the microwave for a minute sprinkling a dash of salt on them. The problem with Mushrooms is that I read or saw on a video that they are grown in animal poop and that thought now turns me away from wanting them. I like vegetables too, I like sauteing them or roasting them. I love steamed broccoli as well (don't like it raw unless it has gallons of ranch dressing).

Really, the only veggies I don't care for are Kale (I hate it with a passion, it clogged up my intestinal tract once and cause me lots of pain, never again, never!) and Brussel Sprouts. Oh, I don't care for beets either, they taste like wet gym socks or something.

My number one motivator, Inshallah will be Allah. Every time I think to eat cake, I will remember that it is He that gave me this body, on loan, and that I am responsible for taking care of it. That I will be questioned about it on Judgement Day and that I may be punished for not taking care of it.

I will also remind myself that a tub of Häagen-Dazs isn't worth the short burst of enjoyment that it provides and that it is better to not have it and improve my health so I can make it easier to do more acts of worship and good deeds.

Comment

I love mushrooms. I can eat them every day. I even like popping them in the microwave for a minute sprinkling a dash of salt on them. The problem with Mushrooms is that I read or saw on a video that they are grown in animal poop and that thought now turns me away from wanting them. I like vegetables too, I like sauteing them or roasting them. I love steamed broccoli as well (don't like it raw unless it has gallons of ranch dressing).

Really, the only veggies I don't care for are Kale (I hate it with a passion, it clogged up my intestinal tract once and cause me lots of pain, never again, never!) and Brussel Sprouts. Oh, I don't care for beets either, they taste like wet gym socks or something.

My number one motivator, Inshallah will be Allah. Every time I think to eat cake, I will remember that it is He that gave me this body, on loan, and that I am responsible for taking care of it. That I will be questioned about it on Judgement Day and that I may be punished for not taking care of it.

I will also remind myself that a tub of Häagen-Dazs isn't worth the short burst of enjoyment that it provides and that it is better to not have it and improve my health so I can make it easier to do more acts of worship and good deeds.
              Yes, they are one of my favourite veggies

So juicy and flavoursome. I know it is off putting but it's halal and has super powers to make you healthy, as long as you wash them properly it's worth it

Yesterday I had sauted it and had it with one fried egg (runny yolk), one slice of bread and that was my breakfast

I like kale and brussel sprouts, so yummy for my tummy

Not keen on beetroot but I have seen people make juice with it by adding other fruits. I can eat any type of veggies, but I like some more than others.

I also like green chillies. Good for metabolism and tasty.

​​​​​​In Sha Allah give it a couple of months and you will see results

Yeh, intentions are a good start and you are doing this for your heart too, you will feel alot better in Sha Allah

​​​​​​
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Lol @ ate creme eggs daily bet he ended up becoming a creme egg lool
                There were before and after pics of him on our local newspaper

Yep, he was very round but then he dropped all the weight and looked so much happier, healthier and very slim

All thanks to swapping junk with mushrooms daily

Comment

You should have breaks it's good for the recovery of the body,
                  i used to be non stop when I use to skip everyday before and I'd feel guilty if I had a day off

But I've learnt listening to your body over your mind is so crucial and important

What do you do when your skipping?
                  I used to do 20 rounds with 40 seconds work and 20 seconds break it's a killer lol
                  I follow the schedule, there hasn't been skipping yet. The one I am doing now isn't do difficult so you don't need to many breaks but the one I did last month was tough and there were breaks once or twice a week. When I was doing that one I realized that value of taking a day off because your muscles do get overworked.

Comment

Kale is awesome full of protein and got more protein in kale then beef 😋

Have you got a blender? Try having smoothies with water notilk or else it will add extra unnecessary calories

Bro we going to smash this, use this thread as motivation and a daily journal in sha Allah 🙏

Comment

There were before and after pics of him on our local newspaper

Yep, he was very round but then he dropped all the weight and looked so much happier, healthier and very slim

All thanks to swapping junk with mushrooms daily

Crazy what a little change to diet can do

Comment

I follow the schedule, there hasn't been skipping yet. The one I am doing now isn't do difficult so you don't need to many breaks but the one I did last month was tough and there were breaks once or twice a week. When I was doing that one I realized that value of taking a day off because your muscles do get overworked.
                        Yea only till you go through it and experience it yourself then you realise the value of rest days

Btw do you take any supplements like whey protein powder?

Is it easy to get whey protein powder from that part of the world?

Comment

Yea only till you go through it and experience it yourself then you realise the value of rest days

Btw do you take any supplements like whey protein powder?

Is it easy to get whey protein powder from that part of the world?
                          Yeah its available everywhere here but I don't use it.

Comment

Yes, they are one of my favourite veggies

So juicy and flavoursome. I know it is off putting but it's halal and has super powers to make you healthy, as long as you wash them properly it's worth it

Yesterday I had sauted it and had it with one fried egg (runny yolk), one slice of bread and that was my breakfast

I like kale and brussel sprouts, so yummy for my tummy

Not keen on beetroot but I have seen people make juice with it by adding other fruits. I can eat any type of veggies, but I like some more than others.

I also like green chillies. Good for metabolism and tasty.

​​​​​​In Sha Allah give it a couple of months and you will see results

Yeh, intentions are a good start and you are doing this for your heart too, you will feel alot better in Sha Allah

​​​​​​
                            I can't spicy food except for a good curry with mushrooms. Even then, you will see me crying while eating it. The spiciest thing I can enjoy are red pepper flakes.

I started to was all of my produce the moment I get them home these days. I red online that it is best to soak fruits and veggies in a mixture of one tablespoon of chlorine and one gallon of water for fifteen minutes. I then rinse it really well and soak it again in just regular water to make sure there is no more chlorine.

I tried it first with small cucumbers and it was amazing. Usually, these little suckers spoil very fast in the fridge, but with this cleaning method, the lasted for almost a full two weeks. It was good with grapes as well.

I don't mind the taste of Kale too much. I am just not a fan of it's texture. When I had it give me blockage and read that some people can't properly break it down and realized I was one of those people. The pain wasn't the worst I felt but it made me feel scared and miserable. Luckily, I read that coke works to breakdown and remove blockages and 3 two liter bottles of diet coke later, I felt the pain snaking it's way through me. I won't buy it any more.

I read that beets are very beneficial so in order to incorporate them, I am just going to by a powder form of it and mix it into smoothies.

I like making omelettes with mushrooms and feta or Swiss cheese. I will saute the mushrooms, drain them and pat them dry, then make the omelette, lay the mushrooms and cheese in the middle and fold the egg over it. So good. I have gotten better at making french omelettes too, which don't even need a filling.

Comment

Yeah its available everywhere here but I don't use it.
                              How comes?

It really does help with recovery

It's big in the UK, loads of peeps take it (men & women)

Comment

Kale is awesome full of protein and got more protein in kale then beef 😋

Have you got a blender? Try having smoothies with water notilk or else it will add extra unnecessary calories

Bro we going to smash this, use this thread as motivation and a daily journal in sha Allah 🙏
                                No, I have sworn off Kale. Never will I buy it again. I am fine with Spinach. I do have a blender and I assume you meant to say "not milk", which I will not be using. Instead, I will use coconut or almond milk.

I just need to go buy ten cake slices and say good bye to them all.

Just kidding...........kind of......

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X