No announcement yet.

Intermittent Fasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I started IF again. I made it to 14 hours yesterday mainly because the night before I didn't confirm with myself that I will start IF so I ate later. Today, I had everything planned so stopped eating at 8:30 pm last night because my gym class ended at 8pm. Rushed to eat dinner before anything else because if I don't get full meal for dinner then I have hard time sleeping and more likely to midnight snack. So today I got 15 hours. Working my way to 16 hours but from past experience I recall I needed to break my fast before lunch and have a small breakfast or my body ended up hating myself.

IA, lets see how this goes. I did read online that for women shorter fasting period is just as good

Comment

• anyone else doing IF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
        anyone else doing IF?
        Used to do it

i think its not good for people with fast metabolism
        ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• In teenage years I was doing intermittent fasting without realising it. So many times I would have no breakfast and would not eat after 8/9 pm. Next day would not eat until lunch time.

Also on some weekends when we would wake up late and and have a late breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

Used to do it

i think its not good for people with fast metabolism
            akhi why do you think that then?

ive found that IF really works Alhamdulillah
            Last edited by Simply_Logical; 10-04-19, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

akhi why do you think that then?

ive found that IF really works Alhamdulillah
              Mainly because of stress, it is not bad, but I think IF works better on some people more than others

Having a fast metabolism is typically combined with more than average stress, anxiety, sleep issues

IF can make all of that worse? Idk, just my thoughts based on my experience and what I read.
              ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

Mainly because of stress, it is not bad, but I think IF works better on some people more than others

Having a fast metabolism is typically combined with more than average stress, anxiety, sleep issues

IF can make all of that worse? Idk, just my thoughts based on my experience and what I read.
                ohhh okay kewl, was wondering why you thought that, i can appreciate where youre coming from though

Comment

• (I guess everyone will be doing IF during Ramadhaan). 

Comment

• Started doing the warrior diet, any one else doing IF?

Comment

• Anyone still doing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                        Anyone still doing this?
                        Nope. You?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Nope. You?
                          Stopped for a while but last few days have started it again. I did not mean to but not really feeling hungry so thought I might aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

Stopped for a while but last few days have started it again. I did not mean to but not really feeling hungry so thought I might aswell.
                            It's good, you should stick to it. I have other health issues so it's not good for me but I would definitely recommend it to those who can In Sha Allaah.

Would you be up for Healthy Eating/No Sugar type challenge thread? With this staying in-doors, it might be helpful. What do you think? ... I might start one...

Comment

• ^ Do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It's good, you should stick to it. I have other health issues so it's not good for me but I would definitely recommend it to those who can In Sha Allaah.

Would you be up for Healthy Eating/No Sugar type challenge thread? With this staying in-doors, it might be helpful. What do you think? ... I might start one...
                                May Allah swt cure you of your health issues and reward for what you go through with the health issues. Ameen.

Yes as alhumdulillah my no sugar diet is going well amd may Allah swt keep it that way...ameen.
                                Last edited by Mintchocchip; 23-03-20, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X