Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post
    Better revive this.

One guy said a big calorie deficit alone did nothing, as soon as he made his eating window into 6 hours and ate EXACTLY the same food, his fat started ''melting off''

Another guy on Youtube actually tested his HGH levels with and without fasting and found them much higher with IF. He then gained muscle while burning fat for a while doing this.

And another guy on BB forum said he finally figured out how to build muscle while burning fat, it was by IF, which included training fasted on just BCAA.
    whats an eating window?
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

whats an eating window?
      Eating within a set time.

So for example today - I ate at 1pm and will eat until 6pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Eating within a set time.

So for example today - I ate at 1pm and will eat until 6pm.
        Jazakallah khair sis :)
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

That's better than just water fasting for a month.
          well OMAD went out the window, i ate between 1:45pm to 7PMish which isnt too bad

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

whats an eating window?
            I think what works is also dependant on genetics

Give it a shot, might work, or do nothing extra
            ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• ate from half 1 till 7pm

alhamdulillah really enjoying it

Comment

• alhamdulillah been doing the warrior diet and I'm really enjoying it alhamdulillah
                need to try to burn off as much as fat off as possible.

so the plan is to do IF warrior diet and one meal a day all the way till ramadhan then in Ramadan lose more weight inshaAllah

plus if you start doing IF before ramadan then the fasts in Ramadan will be much easier as the body will be used too it

Comment

• I quit IF because I found it very hard to sleep on empty stomach. Night time binge eating couldn't be stopped even with multiple cups of chamomile tea. So now I have all meal

Comment

• Originally posted by Kya
                    I quit IF because I found it very hard to sleep on empty stomach. Night time binge eating couldn't be stopped even with multiple cups of chamomile tea. So now I have all meal
                    Have you tried drinking a lot of water at night instead?
                    Last edited by Simply_Logical; 26-02-19, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kya View Post
                      I quit IF because I found it very hard to sleep on empty stomach. Night time binge eating couldn't be stopped even with multiple cups of chamomile tea. So now I have all meal
                      Hmm.

You could try changing your eating window.

Eat lots of eggs/fish/protein for your last meal. It will keep you fuller for longer.

Lemon water really helps me.

Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                        alhamdulillah been doing the warrior diet and I'm really enjoying it alhamdulillah
                        need to try to burn off as much as fat off as possible.

so the plan is to do IF warrior diet and one meal a day all the way till ramadhan then in Ramadan lose more weight inshaAllah

plus if you start doing IF before ramadan then the fasts in Ramadan will be much easier as the body will be used too it
                        That's pretty good.

Stick to it In Sha Allaah.

Comment

That's pretty good.

Stick to it In Sha Allaah.
                          yea Alhamdulillah going to stick with it Insha'Allah

how much weight have you lost with IF?

by the way can you have apple cider vinegar whilsts your on your fasting window?

also how do you have your apple cider vinegar?

JazakAllah Khair

Comment

by the way can you have apple cider vinegar whilsts your on your fasting window?

JazakAllah Khair
                            You can have ACV in your fasting window. Mix a tablespoon in some warm water, add cayenne pepper (sprinkle) and drink it with a straw.

You can have it as a shot but - be careful it's not good for your teeth and causes enamel erosion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable
                              Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

JazakAllah Khair
                              You can have ACV in your fasting window. Mix a tablespoon in some warm water, add cayenne pepper (sprinkle) and drink it with a straw.

You can have it as a shot but - be careful it's not good for your teeth and causes enamel erosion.
                              Isn't it classed as calories?

I thought you couldn't have it in the fasting window

Comment

Isn't it classed as calories?

I thought you couldn't have it in the fasting window
                                It is a matter of ikhtilaf.

Some say you can - others say you can't.

Depends on who you follow.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X