Re: Rules and Guidelines

deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
      Then they are wrong too and i will take that up with them inshallah

they dont have to be charities

If any money being donated gets used for anything else = haram

edit - UWT do have methods to raise money for the admin side which is legit
      Let us know how UWT respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Let us know how UWT respond.
        will do, albeit I only used their name as they claim to give 100% to the intended

Just FYI i dont claim all money raised by them comes from sources that maybe legit. So for example anyone doing charity dinners saying people are giving in sadaqah is wrong but if that money is donated to UWT then when they get it its not an issue, necessarily

also I heard someone say they may be advertising as collectors of zakat, which is haraam to any idea on that one?

Comment

I heard that they accept the donation but keep the gift aid
          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
            I heard that they accept the donation but keep the gift aid
            iirc correctly this is 25p on the £1 that gets claimed from the govt. so if you donate £1 then they can claim an extra 25p from govt on top of that. Using that for admin

Comment

iirc correctly this is 25p on the £1 that gets claimed from the govt. so if you donate £1 then they can claim an extra 25p from govt on top of that. Using that for admin
              Yeh but is running a charity a business

cos if u think about how much gets donated they're gonna be making buckkkkkks, and admin doesn't cost that much

like should charities even advertise?

they should just create awareness and if they're sincere spread the message that they're 100% donation policy based but like when they have all these packs and leaflets and stuff... it makes me kinda >_>
              "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Yeh but is running a charity a business

cos if u think about how much gets donated they're gonna be making buckkkkkks, and admin doesn't cost that much

like should charities even advertise?

they should just create awareness and if they're sincere spread the message that they're 100% donation policy based but like when they have all these packs and leaflets and stuff... it makes me kinda >_>
                TBh you have to be very careful these days as you may think you id good but actually didnt

and yes charities are BIG business today. some of the area managers from these places get over £50k a year salary. Taken from donations

Comment

TBh you have to be very careful these days as you may think you id good but actually didnt

and yes charities are BIG business today. some of the area managers from these places get over £50k a year salary. Taken from donations
                  but action is based on intention so it'd be their burden wouldn't it

yeh...I dno seems weird taking money to donate money but then maybe I don't know how much work they put in

Comment

but action is based on intention so it'd be their burden wouldn't it

yeh...I dno seems weird taking money to donate money but then maybe I don't know how much work they put in
                    Not necessarily

if we give knowing something we are at fault.

Any way [MENTION=7467]abu[/MENTION] 'Abdullah are we ok carrying on discussing this here?

Comment

...Any way [MENTION=7467]abu[/MENTION] 'Abdullah are we ok carrying on discussing this here?
                      Not really. I prefer this thread to be about the rules of this section. Make a thread in the lounge for general discussion on charities and funding. Barakallahu feek.

Comment

Not necessarily

if we give knowing something we are at fault.

Any way @abu 'Abdullah are we ok carrying on discussing this here?
                        How...

and like uwt state 100% but sometimes Islamic relief of Muslim hands have more varied projects

Also I read that the best charity is to give water so are wells etc the go to?

And yeh if Abu 'Abdullaah doesn't like it he will just move it to a new thread

Comment

Not really. I prefer this thread to be about the rules of this section. Make a thread in the lounge for general discussion on charities and funding. Barakallahu feek.
                          Hmmm strange

Comment

Hmmm strange
                            not really the thread title is specific. maybe carry on here http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...qah&highlight=

Thought not JZKH

Comment

not really the thread title is specific. maybe carry on here http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...qah&highlight=

Thought not JZKH
                              its strange cos people that would read the thread would have similar qs so if they're answered here then it's more neat and tidy like just taking one book out the library instead of ten...

but anyway i feel weirded out, you're being extra kind and I never understand AA anyway so very confused but ok I will carry on in the other thread iA

Comment

Working...
                              X