Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

~Unworthy of Mercy~

Halal meat at tesco

asalaamu alaykum

is this meat actually halaal because someone told me they stun the animal before killing it
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

I'm a brother!

Re: Halal meat at tesco

Quote Originally Posted by MMS View Post
    asalaamu alaykum

is this meat actually halaal because someone told me they stun the animal before killing it
    its very difficult to know whos telling the truth. for example, i heard that at these islamic halaal butchers, they employed a non muslim to sacrifice the meat because it was cheaper and instead of reading the kalima for each sacrifice, he reads it once, and for all others he says the words "same as before", instead of the kalima again...

It is difficult to tell and to be honest I wouldn't trust the meat in Tesco even if it IS Tahira? brand.

You're best bet is going to the farm and killing 'em yourself! (like we do ) failing that get HMC chickens. And make sure they have the stamp - otherwise when shops sell them it will get mixed up with other chickens or they might try to fob you off!!!

Omar
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by nami View Post
    its very difficult to know whos telling the truth. for example, i heard that at these islamic halaal butchers, they employed a non muslim to sacrifice the meat because it was cheaper and instead of reading the kalima for each sacrifice, he reads it once, and for all others he says the words "same as before", instead of the kalima again...
    Its better not to spread rumours like this but rather verify it from the butchers themselves

Quote Originally Posted by saphire View Post
    It is difficult to tell and to be honest I wouldn't trust the meat in Tesco even if it IS Tahira? brand.

You're best bet is going to the farm and killing 'em yourself! (like we do ) failing that get HMC chickens. And make sure they have the stamp - otherwise when shops sell them it will get mixed up with other chickens or they might try to fob you off!!!
    lol you dont kill them you slaughter them.

Sorry - slaughter.

It's my Dad that does it - we just cut it up into pieces when he brings 'em home.

Angry Re: Halal meat at tesco

its not only tesco...most meat in this country is stunned

the stunning doesn't kill them...it just sort of 'subdues' them to make it easier to kill ... so cruel

also...remember how they treat the animals...most supermarket chicken is battery farmed...that is...100000's of chickens in a very small area..all squashed together ...unable to grow proparly..they are also injected with loads of hormones to quicken their growth

if you look at battery farmed chickens and 'normal' chickens..you will find normal chickens tend to have longer legs as they werent broken by being squashed

yes the way we slaughter them has to be halaal...but we should treat the animals in a halaal way aswell

http://www.unstunnedhalal.com/index.html

Odan

is the meat HMC approved?

They just bring in this Halal meat for Ramadan init? yeh insha allah look what certifcates and stuff they have?
    I prefer to buy it from the local shops anyway cos its nice to give business to the local Muslims and masha allah some of the halal shops round here are so nice, they give a good customer service.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

I would be surprised if they didn't produce halal meat properly according to your religious strictures... after all, they do want your business - if you buy your meat there, the chances are you'll buy all your groceries there.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Allow the meat .. Tesco = zionist ... BOYCOTT
    It's not about land, it's about justice. " Be a friend to the oppressed, and an enemy of the oppressor"

VICTORY !!!

used to get halal meat from asda, i dont trust it anymore though cos obviously pork is served in the same building. i go to the halal butchers instead, better quality. support muslim businesses
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocrite
    Bidah! Shirk! Murtard! Kufr! Man i hate the kuffar so much, i hate this country. I care much more about my brothers and sisters in Islam than you, because i say i do. Thats why i live here, claim benefits and moan when my dole payment is late.

Quote Originally Posted by Hafsah View Post
    its not only tesco...most meat in this country is stunned

the stunning doesn't kill them...it just sort of 'subdues' them to make it easier to kill ... so cruel

also...remember how they treat the animals...most supermarket chicken is battery farmed...that is...100000's of chickens in a very small area..all squashed together ...unable to grow proparly..they are also injected with loads of hormones to quicken their growth

if you look at battery farmed chickens and 'normal' chickens..you will find normal chickens tend to have longer legs as they werent broken by being squashed

yes the way we slaughter them has to be halaal...but we should treat the animals in a halaal way aswell

http://www.unstunnedhalal.com/index.html
    Not only that, they are hung upside down live and then move around on the mechanism to a round saw at the end. This cuts their heads off but because the chickens are not all the same size, some chickens get their head cut off, some it goes through their shoulder whilst on others it saws through their beak.
    Enjoy your curried chicken. I'm a vegetarian
    .................................................. ......................
    On this forum, some think I am a man but, I'm a woman and my age is about 21 celsius.......er...70f

If you're in any doubt as to whther its halal or not, just keep away from it.
    Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
    "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Icon14 Na'am.....

Quote Originally Posted by urban_rose View Post
    is the meat HMC approved?
    If it is than consume it insha'allah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Na'ima View Post
    If you're in any doubt as to whther its halal or not, just keep away from it.
    Na'am if unsure about a matter than this is the best course to undertake.

~Unworthy of Mercy~

its not actually produced by tesco i dont think the packages have the name shahadah meat company or something
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Asalam alikum brothers and sisters,

I'm a new comer to UK and I find it very hard to find Halal food where I'm staying. Does anyone know a halal butcher around Staines, Middlesex that can deliver as I don't have a car now.

Waiting for your replies and may Allah be pleased with you all.

No Tescos Isnt Halal Its HFA And They DO Stun There Meat. Cause They Supply The Meat for The So Called Halal KFC In Bham And I Read On Their Website That Yes They Do Stun Their Meat Before They Kill It.

We have worked with the Halal Food Authority to understand the requirements involved in supplying and producing Halal approved products. We are delighted that the HFA have certified KFC's products in these stores, and the store environments, as Halal.
    Another key consideration for us was that we were able to ensure that the Halal certified chicken would also meet the rigorous animal welfare standards we employ in the UK, and we consulted leading animal welfare groups about this. We are pleased to say that there will be no compromise to our welfare standards.
    We continue to insist that our poultry is stunned before slaughter, using a technique called 'stun-to-stun'. We only buy high quality, Grade A, farm-assured chicken from trustworthy suppliers, who are contractually required to meet or exceed all relevant UK and EU legislation and this will not change.
    You will find that our food is just as tasty and finger lickin' good as it has always been!
    9. Is KFC's Halal chicken stunned before slaughter?
    Yes, due to our strict animal welfare standards, we insist that all our poultry is stunned before slaughter. Our Halal chicken has been accredited by the Halal Food Authority, one of the most widely recognised bodies in the UK and overseas. It allows the use of a technique called 'stun-to-stun' - a pain free process that makes the animal insensible to pain and suffering. A verse is also recited from the Koran at the point of slaughter by an appropriate person and the poultry will not come into contact with non-Halal meat at any point in the supply chain.
    The HFA accreditation which is clearly signposted in the participating restaurants allows us to offer Halal accredited meat whilst remaining committed to the same animal welfare standards as before, which meet or exceed all relevant UK and EU legislation.

10. Do you use mechanical slaughter?
    Yes, due to our strict animal welfare standards and the volume of chickens involved, our suppliers use mechanical slaughter. The HFA has confirmed that various Muslim scholars have approved the use of mechanical slaughter in order to take full advantage of progress made in science and technology.

I Mean If The HFA Have Said This Meat Is Halal Stunned Then Seriously What Eles Have They Allowed Or Said Is Halal. Id Stay Aways FROM All HFA

Any Thing With This Sign

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qdpgeo.jpg
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

I wasn’t aware that Tesco sell halaal meat? Since when? I for one would not buy meat from supermarkets like Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and Asda. After I watched the documentary on the BBC few yrs back called the whistle blower. Where a BBC journalist went undercover in few of these stores and checked out how they handle their meat. They find some shocking insights like, they sold expired meat, by changing the date, they used the same knife for the beef, the pork and the chicken, they picked a meat up of the floor and served it to the customer. they dont wash their hands after handling other things like Pork.
    Even if the meat was originally halaal, the process it goes through is so haraam that, by the time the customer buys it, it cannot be considered halaal.
    “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Oh My Thats Disgusting

I Dont Like Meat Much MySelf
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~