Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Nov 02 - Mar 07 *Salaam* Mr_Jailer's Avatar

Niyah for Taraweeh in Urdu

Salaam Alaikum,

Ramadhan Kareem,

What is the niyah for salatul taraweeh in urdu?
    Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

Icon14 Akhy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jailer View Post
    Salaam Alaikum,

Ramadhan Kareem,

Akh just stand behind the imam in Taraweeh salah with the intention of what your doing and who your doing it for and thats it, khalas theirs no Urdu version or Chinese version of it!

Allah (swt) knows all and sees you- thus there in no need to announce it, I mean when your doing other acts of ibadah like reading the Qur'an or braking the fast, etc. Allah (swt) knows the reason- have ikhlas.

Omar
    Guests

Re: Akhy.....

i amar intendinger to namaaz taraveei tudai dis my namaazi taraveei accepter plzer

Nov 02 - Mar 07 *Salaam* Mr_Jailer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Hurairah View Post
    Allah (swt) knows all and sees you- thus there in no need to announce it, I mean when your doing other acts of ibadah like reading the Qur'an or braking the fast, etc. Allah (swt) knows the reason- have ikhlas.
    Yes, personally I'm not too fussed with regards the logic behind makin' verbal niyah, but taraweeh is a sunnah, and wen ppl read the sunnah prayer, in their verbal niyat they make mention of Muhammad saw - "the sunnah prayer for Muhammad saw". Have you head this one before?

Likewise in the fardh salaat, the intention is "I pray the fardh salaat for Allah".

Back to my intial query of whether the taraweeh niyat should be like the sunnah niyah or fardh niyah.
    Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

Odan

The niyyah for taraweeh is a sunnat niyyah :
    'I am praying two rak'ah sunnah taraweeh for Allah Ta'ala'
    and if u pray behind an imaam, then u also add that intention in too.
    Last edited by urban rose; 24-09-06 at 01:55 PM.

Re: Niyah for Taraweeh in Urdu

Last edited by Nawar; 24-09-06 at 02:54 PM.
    so be patient, with a beautiful patience [70:5]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jailer View Post
    Salaam Alaikum,

Ramadhan Kareem,

Salaam my dear brothers and sisters

Firstly may Allah (swt) bless us during this month of mercy and may we make the most of it.

Secondly in replying to the quote.

From my understanding there is no such niayh for any salah really. As one of the bros said above Allah (swt) hears and sees all. Lets say for example you are reading a book and you see that it is time for Taraweeh, you put the book down and you go to make wudu for his salah. Already you have made two niyah just for this one salah. Let me explain:

When you put the book down your niyah was that you are going to read salatul Taraweeh that is why you left the book in the first place right. And then you went to make wudu and the reason you are making wudu is that you have the niyah to pray taraweeh. The you go to the masjid and still your niyah is that you age going for the sake of Allah (swt) to offer salatul Taraweeh. That is three niyah in total.

I fully understand what you are saying about people making niyah with the name of the Messanger (pbuh) of Allah (swt). This is wrong as you may know all ready. But as is known Taraweeh is an act of the Sunnah. So for the people who say that they have to make a verbal niyah they can say what has been written above urban_rose:

“The niyyah for taraweeh is a sunnat niyyah :
    'I am praying two rak'ah sunnah taraweeh for Allah Ta'ala'
    and if u pray behind an imaam, then u also add that intention in too.”

And Allah (swt) knows best

Wa salaam

Your brother

Abdal Majid Ibn Muhammad Shafi

My living and dying are for the sake of Allah (swt) alone, to Him (swt) do I prostrate myself before.
    My soul knew you and loved you even before I was born my Lord Allah (swt)

Tanwir
    Guests

Salam
    The reason behind making Niyyah, as far as I know, is so that you your slef are absolutly sure what prayers you are about to preform, and at what time to kind of act as a mini check list. what you are praying, for whom, what time, alone or behind and imam, and in whivh direction you are faceing.
    Well thats how I understand it.

Muslim's Point Of View... True Life's Avatar

most of the times I just say 'I'm attaching my Niyyah to the Niyyah of the Imam' (of course in german, so the translation can be a little wacky). And if I pray alone I say for example: "I intend to perfom 2 rakaats sunnah for zuhr. I'm facing Kaaba." of course I know the niyyah has not to be expressed verbally, but it became a kind of habit and it's better than forgetting to make even a niyyah.
    Please Re-update your Signature