Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Godless Libertarian John The Revelator's Avatar

Is Mahdi's Coming Soon?

I'm reposting this because I titled it wrong last time.

http://www.jesuswillreturn.com/s1_6c.html

Our Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace)
    Indicated That the Mahdi Will Come during
    the Fifteenth Islamic Century

In one of his hadiths, our Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace) draws attention to the significance of a new century's beginning, as follows:

Since the world came into existence, at the beginning of every century an important event occurred. At the beginning of one century, the Dajjal will emerge and Jesus [pbuh], the son of Mary will ascend and kill him. (Ibn Abi Hatem)

As the above hadith states, Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will appear at the beginning of the century. This aside, giving the date 1400, our Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace) made the date of this event clear. One of these hadiths is as follows:

People will gather around the Mahdi in 1400. (Risalat al-Khuruj al-Mahdi, p. 108)

In another hadith, the Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace) said:

Count two or three decades after the decades of Hijri 1400. At that time, the Mahdi emerges... (Asmal Masalik Lieyyam Mahdiyy Maliki Li Kull-id Dunya Biemrillah-il Malik, Qalda bin Zayd, p. 216)

As seen earlier, our Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace) has provided a lot information about the signs of the End Times, especially aboutwhat will happen before the Mahdi and Prophet Jesus (pbuh) come. The related hadiths transmitted from Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Umar ibn al-Khattab, and Hudhayfa, Ibn Ahmad Hanbal, and Muslim Abu Zayd ibn Amr ibn Ahtab al-Ansari are as follows:

"The Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace)... informed us about the events that will happen from then on, and he taught them to us and made us memorize them."(Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)

On this subject, Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman said the following:

Hudhayfa reported: The Messenger of God took a stand among us in which he did not omit anything that will occur in that place of his up to the occurrence of the Hour without narrating it. Whose got it to memory remembered it, and whose did not remember it forgot it. These companions of mine learnt it, and there will occur something there from which I forgot. When it was shown to me I remembered it just as a man remembers the face of a man when he remains absent from him, and when afterwards he sees him, he remembers him. (Mishkat-ul-Masabih, vol.4, p.3)

Given that these eventstake place one after another and that they are currently continuing to occur means that we are living in the End Times. (God knows best.) Indeed, our Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace) reconfirms this by giving us the year Hijri 1400 as the date of the Mahdi's advent. This being the case, Prophet Jesus' (pbuh) second coming is, by God's Will, very close.

If that is true and that Al- Mahdi will emerge two or three decades after Hijri 1400, then look at it this way:

1400: 1979

It must be three decades because if it was two decades after 1400,(1979+20=1999), that would mean it is in 1999, which has past and no Mahdi has come. So if it is three decades after 1979, would that not mean that Al- Mahdi will emerge in the year of 2009? That's only assuming that these ahadith are authentic and truly only God Almighty knows best.
    “The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. “
    ~Albert Einstein

Re: Is Mahdi's Coming Soon?

salam,

U can't just quote hadith without stating the authenticity of the hadith.

As for the mahdi there are signs before he comes. Among them are:

1) Euphrate river in Iraq will dry up to reveal a mountain of gold and people will fight for the gold...

2)A caliphate system will return

3)When one of the caliph will die he will have 3 children and they will fight amongst each other,

4)People will not go to hajj

5)Muslims and Europeans (and those with European origins like maybe Americans, australians etc...) will fight each other in a major world war.

7)Oppression and injustice will be prevalent.

6)There are some other signs but I don't know their authenticity.

The mahdi is just a Muslim caliph who is descended from Seyidnah Hassan (not Husssain as shia say). People put all their hopes in the mahdi and say Oh well just wait for the mahdi.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-muthanaa
    salam,

U can't just quote hadith without stating the authenticity of the hadith.

As for the mahdi there are signs before he comes. Among them are:

1) Euphrate river in Iraq will dry up to reveal a mountain of gold and people will fight for the gold...

3)When one of the caliph will die he will have 3 children and they will fight amongst each other,

4)People will not go to hajj

5)Muslims and Europeans (and those with European origins like maybe Americans, australians etc...) will fight each other in a major world war.

7)Oppression and injustice will be prevalent.

6)There are some other signs but I don't know their authenticity.

The mahdi is just a Muslim caliph who is descended from Seyidnah Hassan (not Husssain as shia say). People put all their hopes in the mahdi and say Oh well just wait for the mahdi.
    Thanks, but do you remember the web site of where you got those ahadith?
    “The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. “
    ~Albert Einstein

Universal_Islam
    Guests

Al-Mahdi is already here and he knows himself now;

Quote Originally Posted by Universal_Islam
    Al-Mahdi is already here and he knows himself now;
    How do you know? And besides, even if that was true, I heard that Al- Mahdi doesn't know he is Al- Mahdi himself until one night when God changes him into a great man over night.
    ~Albert Einstein

I can't wait to get to Revelations in the new testament. I wanna see how much coincides with the end times prophesies.

Very interesting subject!
    Weapon
    God exists, only he knows the rest for sure!

Lord have mercy unto me a sinner.

Assalamu 'alaikum,

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMuslim10
    How do you know? And besides, even if that was true, I heard that Al- Mahdi doesn't know he is Al- Mahdi himself until one night when God changes him into a great man over night.
    Universal_Islam could you answer this question too please? I'm curious too, unless you are basing it upon the "Al Mahdi" topic by brother Moayyid then I see what you mean. I have to say we cannot totally believe the brother but I'm keeping my hopes up he is right. Mahdi showing himself in public in 2006/2007 will be the greatest thing to happen to my life so far . May Allah all give us the reward of martyrdom if it occurs, Ameen.

Wassalam.
    "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
    And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
    We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
    And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
    Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon
    I can't wait to get to Revelations in the new testament. I wanna see how much coincides with the end times prophesies.

Very interesting subject!
    What, no! You should be reading ahadith instead ;p it's more likely to be correct.

Wassalam.
    "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Blade
    What, no! You should be reading ahadith instead ;p it's more likely to be correct.

Wassalam.
    Exactly!
    ~Albert Einstein

Only Allah swt knows the exact time and date when imam Mahdi will come ...he cld even be here before the 15th islamic century. Allah knows best
    Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
    "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Universal_Islam
    Guests

That has alraedy happened.
    Al-Mahdi was not aware of himself at the beginning, but now he is totally aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Na'ima
    Only Allah swt knows the exact time and date when imam Mahdi will come ...he cld even be here before the 15th islamic century. Allah knows best
    Well, just to let you know, we are already 27 years into the 15th Century. So I doubt that God will send him back in time and emerge in the 14th century.
    ~Albert Einstein

Assalamu 'alaikum brother,

Al-Mahdi was not aware of himself at the beginning, but now he is totally aware.
    The main question was HOW do you know this? If you have met him, take me to him (PRETTY PLEASE?!)!!

Wassalam.

You got me confused. HOW DO YOU KNOW?!
    ~Albert Einstein

Universal_Islam
    Guests

Assalamu 'alaikum,
    Universal_Islam could you answer this question too please? I'm curious too, unless you are basing it upon the "Al Mahdi" topic by brother Moayyid then I see what you mean. I have to say we cannot totally believe the brother but I'm keeping my hopes up he is right. Mahdi showing himself in public in 2006/2007 will be the greatest thing to happen to my life so far . May Allah all give us the reward of martyrdom if it occurs, Ameen.

Wassalam.
    Salam Alaikum,

Yes, my first source was Br. Moayidd's thread, then, my discussion with him through PM in the same topic. To me, Br. Moayidd is 1000% credible. Also, the people whom Br. Moayidd interact with in regards to the topic are also 1000% reliable and credible.

And as he described those people to me, whom have met Al-Mahdi (before his public appearance of course) and given him Al-Bay3ah, they are like Al-Khidr [Abd[an] min Ibaadina - A servant from among our servants - عبداً من عبادنا ] If you do not know who was Al-Khidr, I can tell you a known term: "Awliya' Allah". And if you want a more accurate term: "Al-Afraad" (The individuals) or "Ahlul-Kashf" (People of the unveiling)

~salam,
    Last edited by Universal_Islam; 27-07-06 at 09:12 PM.

Universal_Islam
    Guests

You got me confused. HOW DO YOU KNOW?!
    Please read my above post.

Salam Alaikum,

Yes, my first source was Br. Moayidd's thread, then, my discussion with him through PM in the same topic. To me, Br. Moayidd is 1000% credible. Also, the people whom Br. Moayidd interact with in regards to the topic are also 1000% reliable and credible.

And as he described those people to me, whom have met Al-Mahdi (before his public appearance of course) and given him Al-Bay3ah, they are like Al-Khidr [Abd[an] min Ibaadina - A servant from among our servants - عبداً من عبادنا ] If you do not know who was Al-Khidr, I can tell you a known term: "Awliya' Allah". And if you want a more a accurate term: "Al-Afraad" (The individuals) or "Ahlul-Kashf" (People of the unveiling)

~salam,
    No offense, but I sort of don't believe you. Alright, I totally don't believe you. Just wondering, are you Shia?
    ~Albert Einstein

Universal_Islam
    Guests

The events:
    - 11-SEP
    - War on Afghanistan
    - War on Iraq
    - Syria conflict (last year)
    - Cartoon incident (Denmark)
    - War in Lebanon NOW
    - Comming War in Iran/Syria/Turkey

Are all preparation done by Allah for the appearance of Al-Mahdi.

no he isn't a shia
    "Allah's choicest people are those whom His fear has driven to absolute silence although they are neither helpless nor dumb. Rather they are possessors of eloquence and have power to speak and sense to understand. But constant glorification of Allah's name has so overpossessed their wits that their hearts are overawed and their lips sealed. When they get established in this stage they hasten towards righteoussness."

Universal_Islam
    Guests

No offense, but I sort of don't believe you. Alright, I totally don't believe you. Just wondering, are you Shia?
    Salam,
    Did I ask you to believe me ?
    I simply stated what I KNOW and BELIEVE; you asked me a question and I answered you, that is it

Whether you believe or not, up to you. I'm surely not asking you to believe.

And, 'NO' I'm not shia, I am a muslim sunni.

~salam

The events:
    - 11-SEP
    - War on Afghanistan
    - War on Iraq
    - Syria conflict (last year)
    - Cartoon incident (Denmark)
    - War in Lebanon NOW
    - Comming War in Iran/Syria/Turkey

Are all preparation done by Allah for the appearance of Al-Mahdi.
    How do you explain this?

"As for the Mahdi there are signs before he comes. Among them are:

4)People will not go to hajj Okay, I guess that has happened.

7)Oppression and injustice will be prevalent."
    ~Albert Einstein

Assalamu 'alaikum,

Well, just to let you know, we are already 27 years into the 15th Century. So I doubt that God will send him back in time and emerge in the 14th century.
    LOL

Haha

Salam,
    Did I ask you to believe me ?
    I simply stated what I KNOW and BELIEVE; you asked me a question and I answered you, that is it

Whether you believe or not, up to you. I'm surely not asking you to believe.

And, 'NO' I'm not shia, I am a muslim sunni.

~salam
    ^^, as for me, I guess I sort of believe you (though the evidence isn't really based upon Quran and Sunnah) because I WANT to believe it ;p.

Tell brother Moayidd to give me the PMs too please ;p, or forward them to me, I want to see this ^^. Jazakallah khair.

Wassalam.

How do you explain this?

Bro, if you are getting it from the "Jesuswillreturn" website, by Harun Yahya, if you read his explanations of the signs he believes Mahdi is already here too. He says that Mahdi just has to show himself in public and he believes this will happen somewhere around the 3rd decade on the Islamic calendar (1430) which is 2009 in the Gregorian one.

Wassalam.

Universal_Islam
    Guests

How do you explain this?

Salam,

First, be rest assured akhi that I'm not trying to force you to believe me nor am I trying even to convince you; that is not my affairs. I'm simply stating what I BELEIVE and KNOW

Second, as for the points you quotoed, some of them happened, some will happen, insha allah, soo; and some I have no knowledge about. Here are the details:
    YES, this will happen. How long before Al-Mahdi appearance, I don't know. But, from what is going on in Iraq: an average of 50 - 60 deads every day (14,000 deads in 2006 alone), I believe this a preparation of that event.. And, I believe that it may happen ANYTIME shortly.

Khilaafa will return when Al-Mahdi is in charge of Ummah. He will start the Khilaafa after injustice and corruption. There is no Khilaafa before Al-Mahdi; he will start the Khilaafa.

I have no idea about this, actually, it is my first time to hear such thing.

I believe this has been happening since 11/9.

Also, this has been happening since even before 11/9 and the injustice is even increasing with time.

~salam

Account Disabled

There are few saints left in the islamic world , u cud probably count them on your fingers.

N we sinners cant decipher who they are...

Universal_Islam, will you please post up some of the PMs you get from Moayidd?
    ~Albert Einstein

~ A Clasp of Innocence ~ ur_yusra's Avatar

Everyone will know when the mahdi is here.. isn't that correct?

So I assume when he comes I'll know about it?
    - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Quote Originally Posted by ur_yusra
    Everyone will know when the mahdi is here.. isn't that correct?

So I assume when he comes I'll know about it?
    I think that's when he goes public. I wonder if Christians and Jews and other non Muslims will start to think differently about Islam when they see him emerge.
    ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMuslim
    3)When one of the caliph will die he will have 3 children and they will fight amongst each other
    Salaam,

Can you post the complete hadith?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin's-Finest
    Salaam,

Can you post the complete hadith?
    Yeah, I agree.
    ~Albert Einstein

Some seem rather excited about his arrival (Al-Mahdi), but lets be certain along with his arrival is a great trial for you and me.

For we know that his arrival also indicates the arrival of the one eyed dajjal. He is the greatest fitnah of all. Be warned he is the greatest fitnah of all.

I fear for my eeman.. and I fear for the eeman of my brothers and sisters. So if we really want to be prepared then let us give up committing sins.

And may Allah (SWT) help us in our struggles for his sake.
    Last edited by ur_yusra; 27-07-06 at 10:41 PM.

Universal Islam. Can you PLEASE post up the PM's between you & Moyaiid.

Pretty Please!!!?

Barayev

Who is this Moyyid? And how does he know all this?

Are we supposed to believe him?

This is the internet after all and you can find anything on it if you look hard enough, even a guy who claims to know who the Mahdi is.

Assalamu 'alaikum,

Quote Originally Posted by ur_yusra
    Some seem rather excited about his arrival (Al-Mahdi), but lets be certain along with his arrival is a great trial for you and me.

For we know that his arrival also indicates the arrival of the one eyed dajjal. He is the greatest fitnah of all. Be warned he is the greatest fitnah of all.

I fear for my eeman.. and I fear for the eeman of my brothers and sisters. So if we really want to be prepared then let us give up committing sins.

And may Allah (SWT) help us in our struggles for his sake.
    Yes that's true sister BUT that's after we obtain glory in the world when Mahdi will rule the world .

Anyway, best way to avoid this fitnah is to keep away from the Dajjal and the best place of sanctuary is Makkah/Madinah.

An alternative is memorising the FIRST 10 ayats of or the LAST 10 Surah Al-Kahf (18th Surah):

the Prophet - sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam - said, "Whoever memorises the first ten Ayat of Surat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal." (Abű Dâwűd)

"The Prophet - sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam - said, 'I fear for you in other matters besides the Dajjal. If he appears whilst I am among you, I will contend with him on your behalf. But if he appears while I am not among you, then each man must contend with him on his own behalf, and Allah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf. The Dajjal will be a young man, with short, curly hair, and one eye floating. I would liken him to 'Abd al-Uzza ibn Qatan. Whoever amongst you lives to see him should recite the opening Ayat of Surat al-Kahf. He will appear on the way between Syria and Iraq, and will create disaster left and right. O servants of Allah, adhere to the Path of Truth..." (It continues, long hadith!) (Muslim)

Abű Umamah al-Bahili said, "The Prophet - sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam - delivered a speech to us, most of which dealt with the Dajjal and warned us against him. He said,'No tribulation on earth since the creation of Adam will be worse than the tribulation of the Dajjal... Among that which he will bring will be the Paradise and Hell he will offer; but that which he calls Hell will be Paradise, and that which he calls Paradise will be Hell. Whoever enters his Hell, let him seek refuge with Allah and recite the opening Ayat of Surat al-Kahf, and it will become cool and peaceful for him, as the fire became cool and peaceful for Abraham..." (part of a long hadith!)

Greater Signs of the Hour

AFTER the lesser signs of the Hour appear and increase, mankind will have reached a stage of great suffering. Then the awaited Mahdi will appear; he is the first of the greater, and clear, signs of the Hour. There will be no doubt about his existence, but this will only be clear to the knowledgeable people. The Mahdi will rule until the False Messiah (al-Masih al-Dajjal) appears, who will spread oppression and corruption. The only ones who will know him well and avoid his evil will be those who have great knowledge and îmân (faith).

From a book written by Ibn Kathir on this website: http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/unseen/0002.htm

Hope this helps ^^.

Wassalam.
    Last edited by Z-Blade; 27-07-06 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basayev
    Who is this Moyyid? And how does he know all this?

Are we supposed to believe him?

This is the internet after all and you can find anything on it if you look hard enough, even a guy who claims to know who the Mahdi is.
    He is the Mod in Compartive religion. Check his topics, he is very intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad Hasnain
    Universal Islam. Can you PLEASE post up the PM's between you & Moyaiid.

Pretty Please!!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMuslim10Universal_Islam
    will you please post up some of the PMs you get from Moayidd?
    Hey, I asked for the PMs first... therefore only I and ONLY I will receive the info... AHAHHAHAHAaa

Ummm, yeah that's all...

Wassalam.
    Last edited by Z-Blade; 27-07-06 at 11:42 PM.

GreatMuslim10Universal_Islam, will you please post up some of the PMs you get from Moayidd?

Hey, I asked for the PMs first... therefore only I and ONLY I will receive the info... AHAHHAHAHAaa

Ummm, yeah that's all

Wassalam.
    Nooo...LETS SHARE. BAHI CHARA, BROTHERHOOD!!!

Barayev

He is the Mod in Compartive religion. Check his topics, he is very intelligent.
    Why do you people believe him? Because he's intelligent?

Assalamu 'alaikum,

Yes that's true sister BUT that's after we obtain glory in the world when Mahdi will rule the world .

Anyway, best way to avoid this fitnah is to keep away from the Dajjal and the best place of sanctuary is Makkah/Madinah.

An alternative is memorising the FIRST 10 ayats of or the LAST 10 Surah Al-Kahf (18th Surah):

the Prophet - sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam - said, "Whoever memorises the first ten Ayat of Surat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal." (Abű Dâwűd)

"The Prophet - sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam - said, 'I fear for you in other matters besides the Dajjal. If he appears whilst I am among you, I will contend with him on your behalf. But if he appears while I am not among you, then each man must contend with him on his own behalf, and Allah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf. The Dajjal will be a young man, with short, curly hair, and one eye floating. I would liken him to 'Abd al-Uzza ibn Qatan. Whoever amongst you lives to see him should recite the opening Ayat of Surat al-Kahf. He will appear on the way between Syria and Iraq, and will create disaster left and right. O servants of Allah, adhere to the Path of Truth..." (It continues, long hadith!) (Muslim)

Abű Umamah al-Bahili said, "The Prophet - sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam - delivered a speech to us, most of which dealt with the Dajjal and warned us against him. He said,'No tribulation on earth since the creation of Adam will be worse than the tribulation of the Dajjal... Among that which he will bring will be the Paradise and Hell he will offer; but that which he calls Hell will be Paradise, and that which he calls Paradise will be Hell. Whoever enters his Hell, let him seek refuge with Allah and recite the opening Ayat of Surat al-Kahf, and it will become cool and peaceful for him, as the fire became cool and peaceful for Abraham..." (part of a long hadith!)

Greater Signs of the Hour

AFTER the lesser signs of the Hour appear and increase, mankind will have reached a stage of great suffering. Then the awaited Mahdi will appear; he is the first of the greater, and clear, signs of the Hour. There will be no doubt about his existence, but this will only be clear to the knowledgeable people. The Mahdi will rule until the False Messiah (al-Masih al-Dajjal) appears, who will spread oppression and corruption. The only ones who will know him well and avoid his evil will be those who have great knowledge and îmân (faith).

From a book written by Ibn Kathir on this website: http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/unseen/0002.htm

Hope this helps ^^.

Wassalam.
    There is also the duah..

Allahumma inni a'oothobika min athabikal kabar, wamin athabi jahannam, wa min fitnatil mahya wal mamaat, wamin sharra fitnatil maseeha-dajaal

O Allah, I seek your refuge from the trials of the grave and from hellfire and from the trials of life and death and from the trials of dajjal.

Assalamu 'alaikum,

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad Hasnain
    Nooo...LETS SHARE. BAHI CHARA, BROTHERHOOD!!!
    Blah, fine, but only to please Allah and his Prophet (SAW) ;p. But, it would seem as though the brother (Universal_Islam) has done a runner .

Quote Originally Posted by Basayev
    Why do you people believe him? Because he's intelligent?
    Hehe, nono, because according to the forum people who have been here a long time he is a trustworthy and reliable person. As far as I've seen, yeah he is quite intelligent .

Also, all the signs point to Al Mahdi coming about now from the research I have done myself too :')

ur_yusra, lol you're right sis thanks for the reminder. Though it's odd I forgot to mention that because I say that dua daily :eek3: .

Wassalam.