Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group Dua!!!

Arrow Group Dua!!!

Is it allowed in Islam or not???

Some people say it is a bidah...some people say it isnt.

My fam and my Masjid are into that..I personally dont think its right...but cant find any proof...
    Last edited by MalikOne™; 23-07-06 at 11:27 PM.

ŃĎ : Group Dua!!!

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: ŃĎ : Group Dua!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak
    thas long if ur gonna give a link at least link me to a fatwa

id rather it be discussed here thats why I made the topic

Are we talking about 'khatams' aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by TEH
    Are we talking about 'khatams' aswell?
    Yer why not...

I don't think the Prophet (salallahu 3alayhi wassalam) used to say Dua in Jama3a...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥

oh man..khattams..*rolls eyes*asian style..all mixed and reading aloud..(men and women)..and..reading it for this that and the other reason.."hey so-and-so died this day 20years ago..why not have a khattam.."

Erm...I don't get it Reading dua in jamah??

As in, like after the imam finishes farsh , he turns around and says dua out loud?

Or when the people join in?

I was at a wedding today and Masrur Ahmad was the imam dude and he was saying a dua and asked everyone to say the dua along with him...no one did (except my brother who shouted one line out really loud...lol...joka). Felt so sorry for the poor guy. (the imam, not my brother )

Do you mean like the latter case?

-Rashid

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid786
    Erm...I don't get it Reading dua in jamah??

As in, like after the imam finishes farsh , he turns around and says dua out loud?

Or when the people join in?

I was at a wedding today and Masrur Ahmad was the imam dude and he was saying a dua and asked everyone to say the dua along with him...no one did (except my brother who shouted one line out really loud...lol...joka). Felt so sorry for the poor guy. (the imam, not my brother )

Do you mean like the latter case?

-Rashid
    A bit of both when at tha end imam says dua and everyone joins in.

Re: Group Dua!!!

u mean when people do dua in congregation? like when sudais does dua..and evryone says ameen? i dont think theres owt wrong with it..in fact this is the first time ive come across it.however i do disagree with the khatam part..the type where the muslims gather and finish quran,pray yaseen etc and eat food specially cooked for the event...its become a ritual.
    “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
    Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
    He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
    And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Alot of my freinds say raising ur hands wit imam after each prayer and making dua is biddah..i dnt kno tho so thats why im asking here.

well erm as far as i know it isnt..Muhammad SAW raised his hands didnt he? its not biddah maybe well im sure 97% that its a diff madhhab..i dunno what madhahb u follow? or sect?

Jus found this:

Imam al-Jazari in his book al-Hisn al-Hasin listed among the etiquette of du`â': "Let both the supplicant and the listener say Amîn." Al-Shawkani said in his commentary on that work titled Tuhfat al-Dhakirin (p. 59): "There is mentioned in the sahîh hadith what guides [us] to this [practice]. Abu Dawud narrated that the Prophet heard a man supplicating whereupon he said: "He must conclude it with âmîn." Al-Hakim narrated - grading its chain sound (sahîh) - from Umm Salama - Allah be well-pleased with her - that the Prophet said Amîn in his supplication. Al-Hakim also narrated - grading its chain sound - that the Prophet said: "No group assembles, one of them supplicating while others say Amîn, except Allah answers them."

Zayd ibn Thabit said: "While I, Abu Hurayra, and a third man were in the mosque one day, supplicating Allah Most High and remembering our Lord, the Prophet came out to us and sat with us. When he sat we fell silent. He said: 'Continue what you were doing.' So I supplicated, then my friend, before Abu Hurayra, while the Prophet said âmîn to our supplication. Then Abu Hurayra supplicated saying: 'O Allah! I ask you all that my two friends asked of you and I ask you for knowledge that shall not be forgotten.' The Messenger of Allah said âmîn. We said: 'O Messenger of Allah! We, too, ask for knowledge that shall not be forgotten.' He replied: 'The boy from Daws asked for it before you (sabaqakumâ / sabaqakum ghulâmu daws / al-ghulâmu al-dawsî).'" Narrated by al-Tabarani in al-Awsat with a chain of trustworthy narrators except for Qays al-Madani who is of unknown reliability as indicated by al-Haythami in Majma` al-Zawa'id (9:361); al-Bayhaqi in al-Sunan al-Kubra (3:440) both with the same chain, which Ibn Hajar declared "good" (jayyid) in al-Isaba (7:438 #10674) - citing al-Nasa'i's Sunan as he does in Tahdhib al-Tahdhib (12:291) - and al-Hakim (3:508=1990 ed. 3:582) with a chain he declared sound (sahîh) while al-Dhahabi cited the weakness of one of its narrators - Hammad ibn Shu`ayb - but in the Siyar (4:197=al-Arna'ut ed. 2:616) he cites Qays's chain [cf. al-Mizzi in Tahdhib al-Kamal (24:94)] with al-Fadl ibn al-`Ala' in lieu of Hammad, adding: "Ibn al-`Ala' is truthful (sadűq)," which makes this a fair (hasan) narration in shâ' Allâh. Ibn Hajar also cites it in Fath al-Bari (1959 ed. 1:215).

From Anas - Allah be well-pleased with him - in al-Bukhari's Sahih: A desert Arab came to the Messenger of Allah the Day of Jumu`a saying: "O Messenger of Allah, the beasts of burden are dying, the dependents are dying, the people are dying!" Whereupon the Messenger of Allah raised his hands in supplication and the people raised their hands in supplication with the Messenger of Allah ....
    Al-Bukhari adduced this narration as a proof for the desirability of raising one's hands in supplication in general, not only during khutba. By the same token, collective supplication is lawful both inside and outside khutba.

so what does anyone that is not in favour of group dua say to this?^

"Ahlul hadith"

Salamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah bro. Those that say group dhikr is bid'ah are usually salafis. They claim that they follow the salaf but in reality they follow a small number of their own scholars such as bin baz and uthaymin.

Good link: http://www.livingislam.org/fiqhi/fiqha_e56.html

ouch .

Ok some ppl ive showed dem hadith to say raising ur hands aint tha problem its the doing it after every Fard salaat...thats biddah.

wht say u?

nah it aint biddha...wat the hell? is wron? wid people? making evrything biddha..its the dua..its accepted after fardh salah. get real people

Yeah, thats the first time I've ever heard that that is bidah...it makes no sense anyway :S

-Rashid

~Unworthy of Mercy~

they'll throw the every bidah leads to the hellfire hadith at ya

i mean imagine going to hell because u made dua after ur salah or wiped ur face with ur hands after dua :S
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Omar
    Guests

^^

I was told not to come to the masjid if im gonna do biddah of wipin my face.

Omar
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by MalikOne
    Jus found this:

so what does anyone that is not in favour of group dua say to this?^
    lol ive said some of these hadiths to them, first they say its weak but they bring no proof. And then they tell me they'll bring me a book to read i havent seen it yet.

Odan

Er saying ameen to a duah is not 'group duah' in my books.
    When someone makes a duah everyone listens and after the duah is finished people say ameen, whats wrong with that? Do we not do this on ummah?
    for the hadeeths MalikOne.

As for 'group duah' isnt this where people get together and shout out duahs altogether, the only time iv seen this is when i was watching the sufis. And from the hadeeths MK1 has posted iv always thought it was wrong since the listeners should be quiet.

And as for wiping your face with your duah, why do people do that? What does the duah do to your face? Make it shiny?

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn al-Mubarak
    Salamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah bro. Those that say group dhikr is bid'ah are usually salafis. They claim that they follow the salaf but in reality they follow a small number of their own scholars such as bin baz and uthaymin.

Good link: http://www.livingislam.org/fiqhi/fiqha_e56.html
    gosh dont you ever get bored of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over...

We get it, you hate salafis!
    Man if your car broke down would you blame salafis from that aswell?

A SISTER - Female Muslim Um Abdullah's Avatar

please people don't speak out of ignorance and bring proof for what you say.

There is difference between "group du'aa" and "group dhikr" .. and you have to explain what you mean by "group du'aa" !

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn al-Mubarak
    well in that case, I can say same thing about you, you follow Khalafi scholars, not the Salaf !

That is so ridiculuos !
    shaikh Ibn Uthaimin and Ibn Baz rahimahu Allah followed the path of the Salaf, so we take from them.
    So stop this nonsense of us not following the Salaf, and following the Khalaf.. because ur shaikhs whom u take from are also KHALAF !

Odan

Ahh thats its, groups dhikr is the one salafis supposedly say is bid'ah... which is it.
    Thats what i saw the sufis do

are we talkin bout dhikr or dua? im sure malik were talkin bout dua..unless it evolved into dhikr?

anyways..so the conclusion is??

that the dua..is not bidhha? am i ryt?

Omar
    Guests

Theres a hadith narrated Ibn Umar (RA) about the prophet (SAW) wiping his face during dua.

So Niqabi are you saying he did it to make his face shiny?

Its best not to say things if you have No knowledge just remain silent iA.

Omar
    Guests

This isnt wht the threads about but seeing as it was brought up

Some people when they finish making the dua after the prayer wipe their face after they have made the dua. Is that a bida; is there any contextual evidence from the sunna for it's permissibility. sorry if that sounds too salafi like!

al-Salam alaykum
    No, this is not a bid`ah; rather, it is an established sunna and recommended to wipe one’s face after supplicating. It is reported in authentic hadiths, such as the one Imam Tirmidhi reports, that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) use to wipe his hands over his face after completing the du`a.

This is mentioned as being recommended by:

Shafi`i:
    Imam Nawawi (Adhkar, Majmu` 4.451), and others
    Hanafi:
    (Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya 3.19)
    Imam Shurunbulali (Shurunbulaliyya)
    Imam Haskafi (Durr al-Mukhtar)
    Imam Ibn Abidin (Radd al-Muhtar)

Abu Usamah & Faraz Rabbani

Omar
    Guests

Is the du`a made immediately after the prayer, and the wiping of the face a reprehensible innovations (bid`ah)? If it is not, what is the proof for it?

[Making du`a after prayer]
    Making du`a after finishing from the prayer is a confirmed sunna that is established in rigorously authenticated hadith that came from him, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him. The scholars have unanimous consensus (ijma`) concerning it. Imam al-Nawawi said in the Majmu`, after speaking about the rulings of the final salams in the prayer,

“Shafi`i, his companions and others, may Allah have mercy on them, agreed that it is praiseworthy to mention Allah, Most High after the salams, and that is praiseworthy for the imam, the follower, one praying alone, man, woman, traveler and others.

And it is praiseworthy that he supplicate after the salams, by agreement, and at this time, many authentic hadith have come to us of dhikr and du`a that have been compiled by me in the book, al-Adhkar on the authority of Abu Amama, may Allah be well pleased with him, that he said, “It was said to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, ‘Which du`a is the most heard?’, so he said, ‘In the depth of the last of the night and immediately after the obligatory prayers.’ It was related by al-Tirmidhi and he said it is a hadith hasan…”

Many authentic hadith have been mentioned about the legitimacy of dhikr and du`a, so whoever wishes can refer to them.

[Wiping the face after du`a]

As for wiping the face after the du`a, whether the du`a is made after the prayer or at another time, it is a sunna also for what has been related by Tirmidhi by our master, Ibn `Umar, may Allah be well pleased with them both, who said, “The Messenger of Allah, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, whenever he used to extend his hands out in supplication, he did not draw them back until he had wiped his face with both of them.”
    Hafidh Ibn Hajar said in Bulugh al-Muram, in the chapter of dhikr and du`a, “This was related by Tirmidhi, and he has proofs for this, of them is the hadith of Ibn `Abbas, according to Abu Dawud and others, and all of them together rule that it is a sound hadith (hadith hasan).”

A hadith that his hasan is depended upon in rulings, so it is a sunna to wipe one’s face with one’s hands after the du`a as many scholars considered it [s. depended upon] such as Imam a-Nawawi and his book, al-Tahqiq.
    San`ani said in his Subul al-Salam in his commentary on the above hadith,
    “and it contains a proof for the legitimacy of wiping one’s face with the hands after making du`a. It is as though the occasion means that Allah, Most High does not return anyone empty-handed so it is as though mercy has touched them, so it is most suitable to pour forth [s. that mercy] on the face, which is the most honored part of the body and the most deserving of reverence.”

And Allah alone gives success.

Amjad Rasheed

A SISTER - Female Muslim Um Abdullah's Avatar

Question :

What is the ruling on wiping the face and body with the hands after making du’aa’, and kissing the eyes?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not prescribed to wipe the face after making du’aa’. There are many ahaadeeth which describe how the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called upon his Lord in du’aa’, and there is no proven report that he used to wipe his face after making du’aa’.

Those who say that the face should be wiped quoted some ahaadeeth as evidence, but upon further examination they are not saheeh, and do not support one another.

As for the views of the scholars who say that it is not allowed to wipe the face, they include the following:

1 – Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said: It is not known that anyone used to wipe his face after making du’aa’ except al-Hasan.

Al-‘Ilal al-Mutanaahiyah, 2/840, 841

2 – Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: With regard to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raising his hands when saying du’aa’, there are many saheeh ahaadeeth concerning this, but as for his wiping his face with his hands, there are only one or two hadeeths concerning that, and they cannot be taken as evidence.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/519

3 – al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam said: No one wipes his face with his hands after saying du’aa’ except one who is ignorant.

Fataawa al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam, p. 47

If it is not permitted to wipe the face after making du’aa’, it is more likely that the person who says du’aa’ should not be allowed to wipe his body either, or to kiss his eyes.

Rather the scholars stated that kissing the thumbs and placing them on the eyes is a bid’ah that was introduced by some of the Sufi tareeqahs, and there is a hadeeth concerning that which is falsely attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on wiping the face with the hands after making du’aa’. He replied:

Wiping the face with the hands after making du’aa’ is more likely to be not prescribed in Islam, because the ahaadeeth that have been narrated concerning that are da’eef (weak). Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: They cannot be used as evidence. If we are not certain or we think it most likely that this is not prescribed, then it is better not to do it, because Islamic rulings cannot be proven on the basis of mere conjecture, unless we believe it to be mostly likely to be the case.

What I think about wiping the face with the hands after du’aa’ is that it is not Sunnah. As is well known, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed for rain during his Friday khutbah and raised his hands, but it is not narrated that he wiped his face with them. Similarly in a number of ahaadeeth it says that the Prophet raised his hands, but there is no proof that he wiped his face. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 14/question no. 781

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

no offence sis..but isnt that the salafi answer??

and what omar gave the hadeeth..its from tirmidhi..and its reliable.

Omar
    Guests

Someone said the hadiths on wiping the face after dua are weak? Is he right?

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

On what basis did he say that they are weak?
    Whether a hadith is sound or weak is a matter of hadith ijtihad—open only to top hadith masters, not simply well-versed scholars (let alone would-be hadith students with little learning and no teachers).

If some hadith masters deemed them weak, it would not affect the ruling of the fuqaha: there is generally agreement that it is recommended to wipe one’s face after supplication. [Nawawi, Majmu` (4.487); Fatawa Hindiyya (5.318)]

And no lesser hadith master than Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani deemed the hadiths related to wiping the face to be sound (hasan). [See: Bulugh al-Maram (#1463)]

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam,
    Faraz Rabbani

prove the hadiths are weak?

Omar
    Guests

Coz someone mentioned group dhikr being bidah too:

Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When you come upon the meadows of the Garden, graze in them." He was asked, "What are the meadows of the Garden?" "Circles of dhikr," he replied. [at-Tirmidhi)

The scholar Ibn 'Allan, commentator on al-Adhkar, said that this hadith means, "When you pass by a group remembering Allah, do the dhikr they are doing or listen to their dhikr. They are in the meadows of the Garden now or ultimately. The Almighty says, 'For him who fears the Station of his Lord there are two Gardens.' (55:45)" [al-Futuhat ar-Rabbaniyya 'ala'l-Adhkar an-Nawawiyya]
    Last edited by Omar; 25-07-06 at 11:27 AM.

Omar
    Guests

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah Almighty has angels who travel the highways and by-ways seeking out gatherings of dhikr in the earth. When they find a gathering of dhikr, they enfold them with their wings stretching up to the heaven. Allah asks them, 'From where have you come?' They reply, 'We have come from Your slaves who are glorifying You, praising You, proclaiming Your oneness, asking of You and seeking refuge with You.' He says – and He knows better than them, 'What are they asking Me for?' They reply, 'They are asking You for the Garden.' He says, 'Have they seen it?' They reply, 'No, our Lord.' He says, 'How would it be if they were to see it?' Then He asks – and He knows better than them, 'What are they seeking refuge from?' 'From the Fire,' they reply. He asks, 'Have they seen it?' 'No,' they reply. Then He says, 'How would it be if they were to see it?' Then He says, 'I testify to you that I have forgiven them, I have given them what they ask Me for, and I give them the refuge which they ask of Me.' They say, 'Our Lord, among them is a wrongdoer who is sitting with them, but is not one of them.' He says, 'I have forgiven him as well. The one sitting with these people will not be wretched.'" (Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, al-Hakim)

exactly why i find it funny that people go out their way to make evrything biddha.

Omar
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by bint
    exactly why i find it funny that people go out their way to make evrything biddha.
    I asked an imam in my masjid about wiping face during dua and he went off on one about its bidah and this is another one of the problems in this masjid there is so much bidah when i told him the hadiths he said its weak and he didnt show me any backing to tht claim. Its easy to shout bidah this and bidah tht but prove it.

But if i mention this people think im jkin or mockin da deen and they go crying. But truth is thats wht happens. It puts u off going to masjid coz inda end he goes if ur going to do bidah (like wipin the face) u might aswell not come here

Allah knows best

Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    I asked an imam in my masjid about wiping face during dua and he went off on one about its bidah and this is another one of the problems in this masjid there is so much bidah

But if i mention this people think im jkin or mockin da deen and they go crying. But truth is thats wht happens. It puts u off going to masjid coz inda end he goes if ur going to do bidah (like wipin the face) u might aswell not come here

Allah knows best
    brther if u know whats ryt..an ure 100%backin it ith hadeeth n quran..thne hell it shudnt put u off goin ta mosque..u gta keep strong at it..and maybe teach them the hadeeths too..theres obviously gna be a clash..but we gta pray together dont we? exc..the shias.ahem.

Omar
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by bint
    brther if u know whats ryt..an ure 100%backin it ith hadeeth n quran..thne hell it shudnt put u off goin ta mosque..u gta keep strong at it..and maybe teach them the hadeeths too..theres obviously gna be a clash..but we gta pray together dont we? exc..the shias.ahem.
    This is the thing though. No one else has an issue about it we come to the masjid pray and thts it. But then others come and tell you everything ur doing is bidah

Say for example the feet to feet thing is someone cameupto me and does tht den i dont say nythin coz it dont bother me if they feel this is correct den its there opinion i dont move my feet away coz its not harming or distracting me and i dont attack em for doin tht.

Even if you bring some people proof they dont change there opinions its still weak and bidah to dem.

And before someone/anyone cries im not reffering to anyone specifically and im not mocking so dont start crying about tht too. Im just saying my experience.

So are khatams ok or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TEH
    So are khatams ok or not?

well as far as ive been taught the muslims tend to hold khatams with the full food shebang..

,like oh u gta eat too AND finish the quran..now i find that funny and stupid only WHEn they make it a rituall..that U HAVE TO EAT...otherwise it aint a kahatam..i mean why cant u do khatam..on a normal day..why do it on death 1 yr on? ..blah!