Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Jaw Crackling

Jaw Crackling

Salaam,

I have a problem with my jaw. Sometimes (out of the blue) the right side of my jaw makes a crackling noise when I open/close my mouth, it doesn't hurt, but its very annoying. I've had this problem for quite sometime.

Does anyone know any possible reasons behind this?

Re: Jaw Crackling

Ahhh I see I see....it doesnt hurt???

Yeh I think this is quite a common problem, sometimes I get it too. Apparantly its stress related. So basically, are you stressed??? and also, if you grind your teeth together unconciously while your sleeping-probably because your stressed , it can make the problem worse.
    so be patient, with a beautiful patience [70:5]

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin's-Finest
    Salaam,

I have a problem with my jaw. Sometimes (out of the blue) the right side of my jaw makes a crackling noise when I open/close my mouth, it doesn't hurt, but its very annoying. I've had this problem for quite sometime.

Does anyone know any possible reasons behind this?

this used to happen to me too...dont worry you just got a Tempromandibular joint (TMJ) problem...its quite common and i dont think theres anything u can really do ...ask Al-Irhaab

my friend gets it when shes stressed or when its cold....i get it randomly sometimes....it happened to me cos once ma jaw was just randomly clickin.....then it was buggin me so i thought id be clever and punch maself so it stops cos it worked last time.... only it got a million times worse and i could hardly open ma mouth...like itd kill everytime id wanna eat to the point id almost burst into tears but alhumdulillah its better now
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, All‚h loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Account Disabled

[QUOTE=Shaolin's-Finest]Salaam,

QUOTE]

Many including myself have had this problem...You wont believe it but a car accident on a slippery road, in the middle Milton Keynes and I end up in hospital...Slight dislocation of my jaw I think and off to the operating theatre..
    By the time I was fixed up(doctor was Arab), I was better looking and lost my crackling..

I'm not saying that you should have an accident to remedy but I sugest that you accept it to your advantage...
    Not a bad party trick either...

Account Disabled

[QUOTE=Shaolin's-Finest]Salaam,

QUOTE]

Many including myself have had this problem...You wont believe it but a car accident on a slippery road, in the middle Milton Keynes and I end up in hospital...Slight dislocation of my jaw I think and off to the operating theatre..
    By the time I was fixed up(doctor was Arab), I was better looking and lost my crackling..

I'm not saying that you should have an accident to remedy but I sugest that you accept it to your advantage...
    Not a bad party trick either...otherwise consult your doctor again.

Account Disabled

Tell the doctor it really really hurts....

Account Disabled

wo0oh0o laf stry tym

i 1nce g0t tnsltzt tngy in da chrtmz h0lz n i cdnt tlk spk eat 0r nutin n lak afta it g0t beta c0z i v0oz so0 uzeta n0t 0penin ma m0uf ma m0uf dnt 0pn vel it ded bt n0t lak----> i cdnt evn et a banana n den ma jaw strtds clkin den i juz vnt bak 2 tlkin al0t n it g0t beta alhumdullilah JUZ TLK

Assalam-alaikum,

I useto have this same problem. Whenever I useto open and close my mouth, my jaw useto click on the right side. Then it go really bad...it started to hurt and the click got worse.....(I useto find it quite funny and just mess around just clicking my jaw with people I knew). But when it got bad, that it even interfered when I useto eat....I used heat to make it go away..I used a cloth dipped in hot water and just put it on my cheek where my jaw is...did it a few times..and alhamdulillah it went away..now it's totally gone alhamdulillah. So maybe you could try that inshAllah.

Wa Alaykum Salaam,

Its stopped crackling. But I know I will have it again sometime in the near future. It gets really annoying though because then I keep opening/closing my mouth.

JazakAllah for the responses.
    Last edited by Shaolin's-Finest; 04-06-06 at 11:22 PM.

it might be your ear rather than your jaw that is the problem, the air pressure in your ear needs to be balanced with the pressure outside the ear. this is done when you swallow or open your jaw quite wide. if you have a blocked ear (even just a small blockage if its in just the right place so they may not feel blocked), sometimes this does not happen so easily and you get a kind of popping/crackling in your ear when the air does get released (e.g. when you open your jaw wide) for people that don't have ear problems, you only notice this when you are on an aeroplane (sudden change in pressure instead of gradual) - if it goes away for a while and then comes back all of a sudden, this is because the air pressure has changed, but your ear couldn't keep up with the change in pressure until you opened your jaw wide enough, and once you did that the pressure difference was quite a lot so you got the crackling sound.

Alternatively it could be your jaw becoming a bit dislocated then relocating, possibly due to slight weakness in the ligaments or the facial muscles being slightly out of balance (e.g. due to excess tension as a result of stress)

as i'm not a doctor and also not inside your head to know what the clicking/crackling sounds like I can't say for sure, but these are the most likley explanations.