Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Ring and Ring 2 (I forget which one is showing first) is on Wednesday and Thursday..12am-ish. Should be good, if i manage to stay awake and don't scream the house down.

I've got used to the mirror, now I dont even see anything when i stare into it (minus my reflection obviously)

I think il pass on Audition. Would put me off food for a week if I watched that.

Speaking of Dark Water...see Darkness Falls?
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Al-Nasser, that would The Dogfather!

It should be Ring Wednesday, Ring 2 Thursday, wonder if Ring 0 will be on Friday?

Ebony, you can check out the first 5 minutes of the USA version of Ring 2 on the following link.

http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews...SV=7&id=144233

Sadako's mothers is combing her hair within the video by looking in a mirror and Sadako and mirrors are linked, so mirrors are definately a no no.

Besides I've always been brought with the ideology and that mirrors in the dark should be avoided, asian folklore and old wives tales you know how it goes.

Audition, well I can tell you that the auditioning in the movie is carried out by a widowed man who works in the Japanese movie industry. He auditions perspective brides in front of a camera.

He thinks he has found is dream wife, but when his colleague does some check on the dreams wifes references, somethings don't add up.

Word has it that it is starts off as a harmless romantic comedy and then the new and seemingly harmless new wife pours out all of her maladjusted innerself.

Enough people have said it is reckless, only the strongest willed people would be able to hack the violence, when it is unleashed on the viewer.

The scene with the body in the sleeping bag is meant to be one of the most effective shock horror shots in recent horror movie history.

Yeah I seen Darkness Falls, did that movie suck bigtime or what? That tooth fairy was well annoying.

If you haven't seen Dark Water then you should check it out.

The Hollywood remake is out in a couple of months, looks good but I don't think it will be as effective as the original Japanese version.

It is directed by Hideo Nakata who is also responsible for Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony
    Ring and Ring 2 (I forget which one is showing first) is on Wednesday and Thursday..12am-ish. Should be good, if i manage to stay awake and don't scream the house down.

I've got used to the mirror, now I dont even see anything when i stare into it (minus my reflection obviously)

I think il pass on Audition. Would put me off food for a week if I watched that.

Speaking of Dark Water...see Darkness Falls?

Im being subjected to the horror of Ring 2 sometime next week..my attendance is required so I've been told

Ah...now that you've gave me a snippet of Audition I think I read up on this somewhere (don't ask me where, I wouldn't be able to conjure that info up im afraid). But I wouldn't be able to hack the gore. Wasn't Saw a similar story..?(except its 2 men trapped in a room playing a "game") oh since you haven't seen it, that too is gory, though probably not as bad as Audition.

I hope I wasn't the only one who found Ring scary. I haven't seen Darkness Falls, the whole use of Tooth Fairies (are they running out of idea's now?) being "evil" didnt really appeal to me. They even have Boogeyman out! Next they'll have a horror flick based on rubber duckies.

Oh, Evil Dead was on a few weeks back, and I have to say, it was more funny than scary. I think Child's Play was the first horror I ever seen..and did it put me off dolls...!
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    SAW is about Doctor SAW and I think he traps people inside his torture chamber and carries out his sick mindgame on them. Basically, Doctor SAW gives you the option of either blowing your brains out with a gun or you can escape by sawing off your limb that is cuffed to one of the fixtures in the torture chamber.

Or something like that, I guess I will find out once I watch it. From the sounds it looks like Doctor SAW and the twisted bride from Audition would get along like a house on fire.

Don't bother with Darkness Falls it was pretty bad, and that Boogeyman is meant to be kinda rubbish too.

The oldies are the goldies like John Carpenters The Thing, sheer masterclass.

I do believe that they have run out of ideas, all they seem to be doing these days are remakes.

Although, there is now more of an emphasis on psychological horror, you watch they will probably make a horror film about Jinns based closely on Islamic sources. The Hollywood types are looking more and more toward foreign ideas as they run out domestic ideas.

Did you know that the most successful independent horror film of all time Halloween were financed by Mustapha Akkad by some of the profits he made from his previous movie The Message which was about Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and the Sahaba? How strange!

That film, Halloween made me very ill, I watched it when I was 7 years old, it messed me up bigtime for like a week or something.

Im being subjected to the horror of Ring 2 sometime next week..my attendance is required so I've been told

Ah...now that you've gave me a snippet of Audition I think I read up on this somewhere (don't ask me where, I wouldn't be able to conjure that info up im afraid). But I wouldn't be able to hack the gore. Wasn't Saw a similar story..?(except its 2 men trapped in a room playing a "game") oh since you haven't seen it, that too is gory, though probably not as bad as Audition.

I hope I wasn't the only one who found Ring scary. I haven't seen Darkness Falls, the whole use of Tooth Fairies (are they running out of idea's now?) being "evil" didnt really appeal to me. They even have Bogeyman out! Next they'll have a horror flick based on rubber duckies.

Oh, Evil Dead was on a few weeks back, and I have to say, it was more funny than scary. I think Child's Play was the first horror I ever seen..and did it put me off dolls...!

I haven't watched SAW, but was given the "lowdown" by a friend. I wouldn't be able to watch it, hacking off limbs.... ~shudder~

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Paw
    Don't bother with Darkness Falls it was pretty bad, and that Boogeyman is meant to be kinda rubbish too
    I wasn't going to bother with either. Boogeyman? When we were younger we had nothing under our beds! (except toys maybe...maybe Chucky was in there?). And the tooth fairy was something we hadn't heard of either!

Did you know that the most successful independent horror film of all time Halloween were financed by Mustapha Akkad by some of the profits he made from his previous movie The Message which was about Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and the Sahaba? How strange!
    Interesting... I did watch The Message, it was good. (Have it lying around somewhere...)

That film, Halloween made me very ill, I watched it when I was 7 years old, it messed me up bigtime for like a week or something.
    I don't think anyone pays attention to the age rating on horror movies (movies in general actually). I watched Child's Play when I was around....12 (I think, might've been younger actually...my memory is appalling). I've never seen ANY of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies..at all. Though I did watch Jason vs Freddie, what on earth was that?? I haven't laughed at a horror flick as much as I laughed at that.

oh, speaking of movies in general, I loved The Awakening (Robin Williams, Robert De Niro) when i first watched it...now when I watch it though, it just seems to drag...

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

The Awakening (Robin Williams, Robert De Niro) when i first watched it...now when I watch it though, it just seems to drag...
    That should be Awakenings.

Just had to rectify that typo..

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Nasser
    my avatar is a screenshot of some movie....name the movie and win a prize

bonus : name the actor appearing in my avatar.
    My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Al Nasser:

Al-Nasser, that would The Dogfather!
    Is that a typo...?

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

i assume it is a typo...

name the part..one or two or three?

and what is the actor name?

and you will be really if you tell me from which scene this screenshot is taken (hint : Fanucci)

Muhammad Ali Clay

I have no idea...haven't watched any of the Godfather movies.
    BabyPaw probably will be able to tell you.

Since I haven't watched any of the G'father movies...am I missing out?

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

sorry..i thought you are the one who answered

Muhammad Ali Clay

Account Disabled
    Erm, I don't think I have really ever watched the Dogfather flicks, just bits and bats. But the avatar looks like it is from Part 2 and that actor looks like Al Pacino. Hee hee hee!

Ebony, Freddy v Jason did kinda suck, both movie franchises are nothing but an excuse for gratitious sex and violence. I guess they were kinda cool in the 1980s.

You have to reach for the fast forward or skip the scene button quite a bit with them Friday the 13th flicks. Bunch of horny teenagers meeting their dooms at the hands of Jason Voorhees. If you don't do drugs, alcohol and pre/extra marital sex then you ain't got nothing to worry about. Jason only slaughters the ones that indulge in forbidden vices.

Freddy on the other hand is a loud mouth paedophile, I can't stand that dude. Nightmare on Elm Street 2 was about a boy who had an issue with his sexual orientation, that was the underlying moral of the story if you studied it more carefully.

You ever seen a film called Frailty? Now that is a horror film and a half.

Erm, I don't think I have really ever watched the Dogfather flicks, just bits and bats. But the avatar looks like it is from Part 2 and that actor looks like Al Pacino. Hee hee hee!

Ebony, Freddy v Jason did kinda suck, both movie franchises are nothing but an excuse for gratitious sex and violence. I guess they were kinda cool in the 1980s.

You have to reach for the fast forward or skip the scene button quite a bit with them Friday the 13th flicks. Bunch of horny teenagers meeting their dooms at the hands of Jason Voorhees. If you don't do drugs, alcohol and pre/extra marital sex then you ain't got nothing to worry about. Jason only slaughters the ones that indulge in forbidden vices.

Freddy on the other hand is a loud mouth paedophile, I can't stand that dude. Nightmare on Elm Street 2 was about a boy who had an issue with his sexual orientation, that was the underlying moral of the story if you studied it more carefully.

You ever seen a film called Frailty? Now that is a horror film and a half.

I sort of got the impression from Freddy vs Jason the originals bordered on the edge of...filth (for lack of a better word)

I was speaking to a work colleague today about horror movies..and us both being a lot younger than the other workers (you wouldn't believe the stick i get for being the youngest at work...!) can't believe people found The Exorcist scary, stories of people fainting at the movies, or vomiting etc! Maybe it was easier to scare people "back in the day"? Or maybe we've become slightly de-sensitized to gore and horror.

Frailty? nope..haven't seen it. Feels like I've been living in a box what with all these movies I havent seen (some I haven't even heard of) !
    Last edited by Ebony; 30-03-05 at 07:16 PM.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Elm Street 2 is actually pretty good actually, it is considered the worst entry in the entire Elm Street series. However, if you study the movie from a psychoanalytical perspective then you will discover that it is an exercise into homosexual awakenings within this teenage boy who's body is possessed by Freddy. His girlfriend is trying her best to help him and claim her man back from Freddy, but there is also this pseudo homosexual philosophising going on beneath the surface.

Yeah, I remember the hype that people used to talk about The Exorcist, like people fainting and all that jazz. Still one awesome film though, in a class of its own.

You need to watch Frailty that one is awesome flick. Matthew McConnehy and Bill Paxton star, that movie will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up by the time it is finished. The creepiest line in the movie is each time the term God Willing is uttered. They are bestowed with a mission from 'God' to kill all the bad people, those are murderers, rapists, extortionists, criminals. I guarentee that this movie will play on your mind long after you have finished watching it.

The Exorcist..that movie was funny, though I suppose if I watched it on my own funny wouldn't be the word.

How come they always use little girls in horror movies? With the exception of Childs Play and Omen, its always girls. Little girl's aren't that scary! Though the girl in Hide and Seek was slightly...eerie looking.

Most movies tend to stay in my memory way too long after watching them. I'll keep an eye out for Frailty...though i'll definitely give Audition and Willard a miss.

oh, Finding Neverland (Johnny Depp & Kate Winslet) anyone seen it? if so, any good?

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Omar
    Guests
    watched ring 2 jap version was rubbish.. watched constantine tht was rubbish 2

Hitch was rubbish 2 but funny at times.

All movies are rubbish

Account Disabled
    Ebony, why don't we watch our wedding movie instead.

Ebony, why don't we watch our wedding movie instead.
    I don't have one.

Why don't you watch your own? plenty of horror moments in that I bet.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Hmm

I don't have one.

Why don't you watch your own? plenty of horror moments in that I bet.

Hmm
    That bad is it?

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Yeah I got a bad case of the jones in my bones.

That bad is it?

Yeah I got a bad case of the jones in my bones.
    Try some Cod Liver Oil.
    --

Constantine has had some bad reviews...has anyone read the book?
    oh, Amityville, was that any good?
    Last edited by Ebony; 30-03-05 at 08:06 PM.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Constantine is a comic book adaptation isn't it?

Amityville Horror original one with James Brolin and Margot Kidder is scary!

The remake with Ryan Reynolds looks just as good.

However, the whole Lutz family haunting thing is said to be a hoax

Try some Cod Liver Oil.
    --

Constantine has had some bad reviews...has anyone read the book?
    oh, Amityville, was that any good?

Constantine is a comic book adaptation isn't it?

Amityville Horror original one with James Brolin and Margot Kidder is scary!

The remake with Ryan Reynolds looks just as good.

However, the whole Lutz family haunting thing is said to be a hoax
    Don't think its a comic book adaptation....not sure.

Amityville. Looks good...:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/th...r_2/small.html

Yep, heard the same..it was a hoax. If it wasn't...what an interesting house that would be to stay in!

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Somebody already does live in the said house on Ocean Drive, the exterior cosmetics of the house have been amended totally so that it doesn't resemble the house within the movies anymore. The current residents got sick of all the tourists who kept visiting Rhode Island and knocking on their door harassing them with all sorts of questions.

The Defoe Murders were tragic, however, the subsequent Lutz family haunting was meant to be a hoax that was concocted in conjunction with book author Jay Anson.

Allah knows best, however, I was interested in reading stuff on the Amityville House when I was growing up.

They even said that the house was built in an ancient Indian Burial Ground or that the plot belonged to an old 17th Century Witch by the name of John Ketchum or something.

Nonetheless, the original Amityville movie was scary.

They even said that the house was built in an ancient Indian Burial Ground or that the plot belonged to an old 17th Century Witch by the name of John Ketchum or something.

Nonetheless, the original Amityville movie was scary.
    You would think building a house on a burial ground would lead to some problems...and i dnt mean the plumbing.

I used to follow up the news paper articles, or documentaries on the whole Amityville saga. Alongside other similar things whilst in my early teens (Point Horror books etc)

Older horror movies: Toy Factory and Dolly Dearest...both were lame.

oh, Poltergeist was ok too.
    Last edited by Ebony; 30-03-05 at 08:39 PM.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    I guess so, they do have this theory about not building houses on graveyards and sacred burial ground. A loada hocus pocus? Allah knows best.

Although, I do not for one minute doubt the ever presence of Jinns in a lot of locations, our street is a prime example.

I guess the whole Amityville saga has always had its sense of intrigue even if it was a hoax, there is a sense of mystery surrounding the whole thing.

Dolly Dearest and The Toy Factory?

Hmm, you really have seen some rubbish horror flicks.

You need to check the classics like The Changeling, The Innocents, The Haunting, The Thing (John Carpenter Remake).I watched movie once called Alice Sweet Alice that was pretty scary, infact my aunty who was single at the time was scared to go to her own house and sleep. Due to a prank that one of my uncles (Allah rest his soul) played on her with the utilisation of my brothers halloween mask, whilst everybody was watching Alice Sweet Alice.

You would think building a house on a burial ground would lead to some problems...and i dnt mean the plumbing.

I used to follow up the news paper articles, or documentaries on the whole Amityville saga. Alongside other similar things whilst in my early teens (Point Horror books etc)

Older horror movies: Toy Factory and Dolly Dearest...both were lame.

The Haunting was reali good..ya guys member the whole Twilight Zone..lol?
    Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer.

Dolly Dearest and The Toy Factory?

Hmm, you really have seen some rubbish horror flicks.
    Yep, I have indeed watched my fair share of cr@ppy movies.

The Ring last night (this morning..however you want to see it)...I found it incredibly dull and boring. Mind you, I DID have my phone lying next to me, made a pact with a friend i'd call her should I think im about to have a heart attack! However, there she was with a story of her own (the journalist and her ex are on a mission to find the recipe for chicken chinese noodles, the reason why the others die with their mouths wide open midway shouting "NOODLES." Sadoka has the recipe...will they be successful in their quest...? ) Yes, childish i agree, but incredibly funny and a good distraction since I was watching it on my own whereas she had company!

The reason why I found it dull was because I kept comparing it to the English version. But for Ring 2, since I haven't seen it at all so won't have anything to compare it to shall be interesting..

That reminds me of another story. A friend was being babysat by his grandmother, who had gone to the video shop to rent a movie. Childs Play was the grandmother's choice (I suppose she thought it was a kids movie, though the vid cover should've provided SOME clue to the genre) took it home and sat her grandson infront of the TV. You can guess what happened next...poor kid's been scarred for life!

Apprentice: Twlight Zone...I never watched that!

The Woodsman (Kevin Bacon) is supposed to be good..though slightly disturbing.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

ღLABBAYK YAA ALLAAHღ *IslamicGirl*'s Avatar

I only watched half and i found that the American version is quite similar, usually when they copy something they add silly stuff in and so on, but then i have 2 gt up early today due to a Java Meeting

But i can remember mumbling in my sleep when my sister went past my room if it ws any good and she ws yeah it's ok, not scary and it's the dad not the mom who ______ in the Japanese version

But Ring 2 American version 2mo and Ring 2 Japanese version 2dy

~lovely jubbly ~

~rubs hands 2 like sis Eb ~

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him (33:56)

Eh The whole Ring/Ring2 and The Grudge..were sorta freaky..idk..not all that scary..
    Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer.

ring was rubbish

ppl call me the cowardly lion outa wizard of oz lool bt maaan tht wasnt scary AT ALL

i actually like laffed thru most parts...

loool like when shes comin out the tv, thts well funny, they do it 2 slowly they shuda dun like RAAAAAR so ud jump

look a new avatar! ponderingstar's Avatar
    stop being silly . ring is terrifying . kids are freaky . especially when they have long freaky deaky hair and walk like they've been stuck down a well for a few decades.
    Please Re-update your Signature

ღLABBAYK YAA ALLAAHღ *IslamicGirl*'s Avatar

Samara[ponderingstar] you don't mean that

* Oh but i DO! and i'm sorry but what daddy doesn't know is that i NEVER sleep

A quote from the movie

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him (33:56)

Quote Originally Posted by *IslamicGirl*
    ~lovely jubbly ~

~rubs hands 2 like sis Eb ~
    I dont have the Brummie accent though Sis IG!
    But Laavley Jublee indeed

The part where she climbs out the tv is scary! Though my brother was saying, what if you have a tv installed up the side of a wall..? She'd collapse into a heap on the floor *gudunk!*

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

IG

Did you watch it last night?

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Off-topic

Is there something wrong with talking throughout a movie?

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Account Disabled
    Ring 2 was it good?