Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

souljah

Icon7 Why Muslims Can't Eat Pork ?

PORK FORBIDDEN

Question:

Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?

Answer:

The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."
    [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."
    [Deuteronomy 14:8]

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

6. Pig is the most shameless animal

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs. We Indians look upon America to be very advanced and sophisticated. Whatever they do, we follow after a few years. According to an article in Island magazine, this practice of swapping wives has become common in the affluent circles of Bombay.

Go to www.irf.net (you learn a lot)

Re: Why Muslims Can't Eat Pork ?

A shameless animal?

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs. We Indians look upon America to be very advanced and sophisticated. Whatever they do, we follow after a few years. According to an article in Island magazine, this practice of swapping wives has become common in the affluent circles of Bombay.

Is this accepted wisdom in the Muslim world?
    Last edited by Dixneuf; 20-01-06 at 03:47 AM.

YOU are what you eat. I am a donut.
    Please Re-update your Signature

I could do without pork.I avoid it anyway for health reasons.

But shellfish are good.Like shrimp.

You don't eat those either do you?
    Last edited by lucidnightmare; 20-01-06 at 04:05 AM.

souljah

we could eat shrimps n stuff, but personally i really like tuna, we cant eat PORK
    Last edited by 2MX; 20-01-06 at 04:19 AM.

I thought Muslims couldn't eat shrimp,crab ,lobster etc.. Jews don't.

souljah

U serious ? I heard we can eat shrimps, tuna and stuff

Some one will come along and tell you.I don't know,i'm not a Jew or Muslim.

souljah

o alrite, but i am pretty sure we can eat shrimps and stuff, but we cant eat pork
    Last edited by 2MX; 20-01-06 at 04:20 AM.

yo

My motto is and always will be if it aint meat..it aint pork!!

when muslims tell me marshmallows have pork in them...when they say starburst...i even had muslims tell me a certain type of milk had pork enzymes in it

Try fried BBQ pork rinds! They are low in carbs!

yo

Look at this guy trying to get us muslims off the path!!

U keep those unhealty fried pork fat all to urself!!

If I got 6 hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 4 hours to sharpen my axe.

VOTE here :

Quote Originally Posted by lucidnightmare
    I thought Muslims couldn't eat shrimp,crab ,lobster etc.. Jews don't.
    Yes we can eat does stuff
    Saying of Mohammed (pbuh)
    "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Passion Of Christ (Eesa A.S) <--- check it out

Hi. Muslims can eat whatever they want. The reason the scriptures of the Abreham religions say no to pork is that it was dangerous at the time (and place), as people didn't know how to store it. This is also why arabs use so much spices. It is however completely safe to eat pork today, and the meat is not filthy. It is safe. You can eat pork if you want.

Chillin' with my axe

Quote Originally Posted by superlogic View Post
    Hi. Muslims can eat whatever they want. The reason the scriptures of the Abreham religions say no to pork is that it was dangerous at the time (and place), as people didn't know how to store it. This is also why arabs use so much spices. It is however completely safe to eat pork today, and the meat is not filthy. It is safe. You can eat pork if you want.
    Always say no to drugs.

wrong
    Uqbah ibn Amr (r.a) reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what action will save us?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Control your tongue, let your house be sufficient for you, and weep for your sins.”

words to live by^

Where does it say to this?
    "Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

~Sujudku-utk-AL_LAHSWT~ AyaMikail's Avatar

I was told that during Noah's Ark thingy...they needed natural garbage bin...you know for all the wastes...Allah created pigs for that purpose...that's why we don't eat ham/pork...
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Shrimps ok to eat but crabs...there's certain type that we can't so know the difference
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Quote Originally Posted by AyaMikail View Post
    I was told that during Noah's Ark thingy...they needed natural garbage bin...you know for all the wastes...Allah created pigs for that purpose...that's why we don't eat ham/pork...
    no its cuz of this ayat and thats the only reason why

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]
    Uqbah ibn Amr (r.a) reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what action will save us?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Control your tongue, let your house be sufficient for you, and weep for your sins.”

words to live by^

Odan

Did you all know that pork is a meat that taste most like human? Even that German cannibal, Armin Meiwes, said that. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by *Aisha View Post
    no its cuz of this ayat and thats the only reason why

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]
    Thanks Aisya now I know better lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2MX View Post

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate.
    This statement is untrue and undermines the entire article. Some species of wild pig (suidae) do mate for life with one or more sows; While in most other species (such as domesticated pigs) the boars fight for the right to mate with any female available. There are also many other species of animals who practice polyamory.

Mixing half-truths with the Qur'an is not a good way to spread da'wa.

Why are you bumping a 6 year old thread?

Quote Originally Posted by AyaMikail View Post
    Shrimps ok to eat but crabs...there's certain type that we can't so know the difference
    I read an article about this issue between the madhabs.

Land crabs vs. Sea crabs: http://www.livingislam.org/maa/losc_e.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia86 View Post
    Did you all know that pork is a meat that taste most like human? Even that German cannibal, Armin Meiwes, said that. Gross.
    Pig tissues are also used in reconstructive surgery because of their similarity to humans. There are people walking around today with pig heart valves and skin grafts.