Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Boycott Tropicana Orange Juice

Assalamu alaikum

Why boycott Tropicana?

Tropicana, owned by PepsiCo, is the world's leading producer of orange juice.
    Since 2000, PepsiCo have donated more than $2m to the Republicans and the Bush Administration. This is more than 80% of all PepsiCo's political donations.

The Governor of Florida, America's largest orange producing state, is Jeb Bush, brother of President GW. Until recently, the US was the world's largest producer of oranges, but with huge financial input from the US, Brazil has now overtaken America to became the world's largest orange producer. Brazil and Florida now grow between them nearly 50% of the world's oranges, 95% of which end up as juice.

Boycott Tropicana - Boycott PepsiCo

PepsiCo owns: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Tropicana, Aquafina, Liptons Iced Tea, Frappuccino, Mountain Dew, Mirinda, Walkers crisps / Lay's potato crisps, Doritos, Quaker Oats, Gatorade, Quavers, Wotsits, Snack-a-Jacks, Sugar Puffs, Aunt Jemima's. (Britvic is the UK bottler for PepsiCo)

Sources:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0...682829,00.html
    'A Guide to the Money in US Elections': see 'Top All-Time Donor Profiles':
    http://www.opensecrets.org

The Top 25 Republican Party donors and their brands: http://www.boycottbush.net/
    >
    The Top 10 brands to boycott in the UK:
    1 Esso
    2 Maxwell House
    3 Microsoft
    4 MBNA
    5 ASDA
    6 Lucozade
    7 Budweiser
    8 AOL
    9 Texaco
    10 Walkers crisps

Associated with http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/

Further corporate info: http://www.corporations.org/corplist.html
    'Corporate Dirt Archives': archives of boycott links / info on transnational corporations

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Masalaam

Guardian Hijab
    Guests

Re: Boycott Tropicana Orange Juice

JazakhAllah

Why are you boycotting the Republican Party, why not the entire US?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Revere
    Why are you boycotting the Republican Party, why not the entire US?
    We want to and we will boycot everything (God willing) that is produced by islams enemies US and israel - they are the biggest threat to our religious - they have killed thousand of us - so yeah hopefully we will boycott
    Last edited by Refugee; 11-01-06 at 09:39 AM.
    Saying of Mohammed (pbuh)
    "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Passion Of Christ (Eesa A.S) <--- check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Refugee
    We want to and we will boycot everything (God willing) that is produced by islams enemies US and israel - they are the biggest threat to our religious - they have killed thousand of us - so yeah hopefully we will boycott
    Then you will need to stop using your computer unless you are not using Windows or Word or Excel or Pwerpoint. (Microsoft is an American company.) Also, even though you may not be using an American based ISP, the nature of the internet necessiates that packets originating from your connection are probably going to a provided backbone in the U.S. SHAME on you for supporting the "evil America"!!!!

Im boycotting Syria and Iran!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Revere
    Im boycotting Syria and Iran!
    Ummmm, is there anything useful that these two countries actually produce?

Quote Originally Posted by joppa_pipke
    Its not a great personal sacrifice, if thats what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Refugee
    So does that mean Muslims should not buy the cool new dual-core Intel processor laptops coming out now? The dual core version of the pentium M (code named Yonah) was designed at Intel's R&D facility in Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by MAsood
    So does that mean Muslims should not buy the cool new dual-core Intel processor laptops coming out now? The dual core version of the pentium M (code named Yonah) was designed at Intel's R&D facility in Israel.
    go with AMD, it's better.

(running a 3500+ athalon64)

edit: you can also download office and windows instead of buying them, I did.
    Last edited by Kayled; 11-01-06 at 07:00 PM.

Then you will need to stop using your computer unless you are not using Windows or Word or Excel or Pwerpoint. (Microsoft is an American company.) Also, even though you may not be using an American based ISP, the nature of the internet necessiates that packets originating from your connection are probably going to a provided backbone in the U.S. SHAME on you for supporting the "evil America"!!!!
    yes you are right shame on us for supporting the killers of innocent muslims ... may God forgive us and direct us in the right path . Amin
    "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Account Disabled

Who's going to organzie this boycott? And how?

temporarily banned

Personally, I'm hoping the US can eventually get off of it's dependency of oil from certain countries. Those countries allow terrorists to flourish there, so the US should not do business with them. Given that oil is many countries number one export, what do you think will happen if that goes away?

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Kayled
    go with AMD, it's better.

(running a 3500+ athalon64)

so, your a crook? i'll bet that does not sit well with the Lord in heaven.

People often tell me to boycot this that and the other because they are "anti-muslim". My whole family is non-muslim. Do I boycot them as well? Respect for ones parents is mandatory in Islam. That raises another point, do I respect my parents even though they are christians?

And besides, all those muslims who live in the USA and pay US taxes, maybe they should stop paying taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Personally, I'm hoping the US can eventually get off of it's dependency of oil from certain countries. Those countries allow terrorists to flourish there, so the US should not do business with them. Given that oil is many countries number one export, what do you think will happen if that goes away?
    Salaams

Personally, I am also hoping that the US will also eventually get off its dependency on oil, as the largest consumer and polluter in the world, and take responsibility for global warming and reducing carbon emissions like every other developed nation has committed to doing.

I am also hoping that the US will eventually stop warmongering and invading oil-rich countries under the guise of 'spreading democracy' with the express desire to privatise all its natural resources to American corporations, leaving the invaded nation impoverished and in bloodshed.
    We are all suffering because the US will not curb its appetite for oil, including the US.

Re: Boycotts

As members of the masses we have very little political influence, even those of us living in so-called democracies, but what we all do have as individuals is consumer choice.
    Every one of us makes a political aswell as material choice whenever we buy something. A boycott doesn't have to involve a complex media campaign, just a conscious choice.
    It is no coincidence that the biggest brands are also owned by the most unethical corporations. Some of them are unavoidable, but others we can refuse if we really want to.

Masalaam

Quote Originally Posted by Kayled
    You could also go down the local computer shop, put a laptop under your coat and run off with it.

How is that any different?

Quote Originally Posted by MAsood
    if you want 2 support the killing of innocent muslims - then its your wish - i cant force people in how they should live their lives.

What are your problems with the americans? you must be jealous. they are working hard in iraq trying to stamp out the evil muslims so that you peaceful muslims do not get tarnished by the same brush

why are muslims so racist against the jews? Its not as if they are doing anything wrong? is protecting their land wrong?

when you stop using arabic numerals, and go back to roman numerals, we will stop using computers
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak
    when you stop using arabic numerals, and go back to roman numerals, we will stop using computers
    I think his point was if Refugee or anyone else wants to boycott all goods from the US and Israel, that would have to include Microsoft, Apple, Intel, IBM, AMD, TI, Cisco, etc. It would be a neat trick to be able to use computers and the Internet while boycotting all of those companies.

So on the "arabic" numerals thing. Al-Khwarizmi's book about arithmetic (not the al-gebra book, the other one) was introduced to Europe and that was how "Arabic" numerals were adopted in Europe.

Care to guess what that book was called?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshandproud
    why are muslims so racist against the jews? Its not as if they are doing anything wrong? is protecting their land wrong?
    that has to be one the greenest comments i have ever heard/read at ummah.com
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

::eek:: Re: Boycott Tropicana Orange Juice

Muslims also donated to Bush's campaign (a lot of muslims didn't want his opponents in because the vp would have been Jewish - pure antisemitism).

Should we, then, boycott Islam?

Odan

lol. No

This is stupid. Why should anyone boycott their drinks, what differance does it make?

Why must you Include Politics in everything?
    A few people boycotting them isn't going to harm, them.
    If you don't buy that product, its more then likely someone else will, including Muslims.
    And anyway, Tropicana is a great drink, Pepsi as well. Like hell i'd boycott that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    lol. No

This is stupid. Why should anyone boycott their drinks, what differance does it make?

Why must you Include Politics in everything?
    A few people boycotting them isn't going to harm, them.
    If you don't buy that product, its more then likely someone else will, including Muslims.
    And anyway, Tropicana is a great drink, Pepsi as well. Like hell i'd boycott that.
    So your saying doing something good, even if it is little, isnt worth it? Even though boycottong it may not make a major difference, but it is yuor intention to please Allah az wa jaal, even if it is small, so on Yawmul Kiyamah, you can say at least you tried.

I cant belive youd rather drink a bunch of crap, then please Allah and help your Ummah, I still cant belive there is muslims like you out there. AUTHOBILLAH
    Ya Ayuhan Nassu Itakullahu In Kuntum Mu'mineen

is ur name nick griffin?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshandproud

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by *islamia
    So your saying doing something good, even if it is little, isnt worth it? Even though boycottong it may not make a major difference, but it is yuor intention to please Allah az wa jaal, even if it is small, so on Yawmul Kiyamah, you can say at least you tried.

I cant belive youd rather drink a bunch of crap, then please Allah and help your Ummah, I still cant belive there is muslims like you out there. AUTHOBILLAH

I do not need anyone telling me how i should Defend Prophet Muhamamd PBUH.
    I'm out there at various places, defending him and Islam from anti-islamists. Although my efforts are rather fruitless.

Regardless,it is a drink. It is not the Drink compaies fault, for what the Newspaper did.
    Face it. Newspaper did. Governemt has no control over the Newspapers. Deal with it. Boycott Newspaper, not their goods, just because they come from that country.
    This demand you people make, are outragous.

Do not forget...

In 1997 the Government of Israel Economic Mission honored Coca-Cola at the Israel Trade Award Dinner for its continued support of Israel for the last 30 years and for refusing ro abide by the Arab League boycott of Israel. In contrast, Pepsi abided by the Arab League boycott of Israel which ended in May 1991.

Exclamation Re: Boycott Tropicana Orange Juice

YEA.... and

Quote Originally Posted by olivegrove
    Assalamu alaikum

[
    The Top 10 brands to boycott in the UK:
    1 Esso
    2 Maxwell House
    3 Microsoft
    4 MBNA
    5 ASDA
    6 Lucozade
    7 Budweiser
    8 AOL
    9 Texaco
    10 Walkers crisps
    Hahaha.... boycott Microsoft he says, as he types it into his Windows PC! Go on then... no more internet for you! Dumb ass!

Odan

lol, Microsoft, yes, i;'m sure a few muslims boycotting it will damage a company which rakes in billions per year.

Quote Originally Posted by IHFMC
    Hahaha.... boycott Microsoft he says, as he types it into his Windows PC! Go on then... no more internet for you! Dumb ass!
    do you really think coming to an islamic forum and referring to a muslim in that manner is remotely appropriate?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by olivegrove
    It is no coincidence that the biggest brands are also owned by the most unethical corporations. Some of them are unavoidable, but others we can refuse if we really want to.
    We all use Internet Providers thus supporting the West.

What alternative do we have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Carol
    We all use Internet Providers thus supporting the West.

What alternative do we have?
    Nothing, just live your life the way your normally do

you are against the boycott, you are against the rioting, what do you think muslims should do, if anything?

maybe drink a mango lassie?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak
    You're keen on going back aren't you old chap?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace
    I think his point was if Refugee or anyone else wants to boycott all goods from the US and Israel, that would have to include Microsoft, Apple, Intel, IBM, AMD, TI, Cisco, etc. It would be a neat trick to be able to use computers and the Internet while boycotting all of those companies.

So on the "arabic" numerals thing. Al-Khwarizmi's book about arithmetic (not the al-gebra book, the other one) was introduced to Europe and that was how "Arabic" numerals were adopted in Europe.

Care to guess what that book was called?
    What was the book called please Mace?