15 17.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dogs or Cats...u decide...

because of the other thread,i thought i'd start this poll
    Our Brothers and Sisters need our help. Do what you can to help them!!
    Inna Ma Al-Usri Yusra :::::
    "Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief".(94.6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As someone who has not yet voted...just thought i'd bring these pics to your attention...

http://www.captionthis.com/proxy.php?id=146
    What a nice looking cat
    http://www.captionthis.com/proxy.php?id=437

nice looking dog...too bad it's peeing on the owners laptop
    Last edited by Noor; 16-12-05 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i thought i'd add these links...
    http://www.cuteoverload.com/ (full of cute animals,both cats and dogs)

and http://kittenwar.com/ ...(pretty funny site...kittens and cats battle it out to see who is the cutest...i think u can put your own cat/kitten up too...)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bigring Cats are the kings......

Quote Originally Posted by muslim_sis
    lol cats r better innit abu H
    ... or do sum of u fink coz (humans , cats , dogs) are mammals that we r equal lolll
    Na'am indeed Muslim_Sis cats are waaaaay more cute, them bow wows are damned ugly things. Sis. your love for the feline fwends of ours will be rewarded insha'allah.

Yeah you said it only nit wits think us mammals- humans and dawgs are related to one another thats soooo whereas nice militanttypes like me know that cats and humans are practically cousins, anybody knows that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony

If I had to choose..it'd b cats
    You made a wise choice there sis. Ebony, a wise choice indeed else we'd have had to thrown you in the dog house with the others.

Akhy Ar Raya jezak'allah for the links- look at that pic of that smelly pup about to pee over the owner's laptop, he would have pooped all over it too if he had it in him (not courage- you know what I mean , yeah that's right a # 2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DOGS are yousless.all they do LICK LICK LICK .

cats are sweet thay are all CUTE!!!
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Na'am, sahih.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bagdad

^^^That insightful documented observation was made by the reknowned Sheikhah Ustadaha Bagdadia.

Na'am with superb contributions like that with such richness and depth, one can do nothing but agree.

We need more scholars like you my baby sister.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Our dog never licks strangers who approach the door, while the cats tend to rub themselves up against stranger's legs while doing their "Pet me!" dance.

Funnily enough, it is the strangers that the dog greets that have some respect for our privacy and property.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon13 Blah, Blah, Blah,.....Pooey puppy lover's propaganda.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Carol
    Our dog never licks strangers who approach the door, while the cats tend to rub themselves up against stranger's legs while doing their "Pet me!" dance.

Funnily enough, it is the strangers that the dog greets that have some respect for our privacy and property.
    Sis. Maryam your opinion doesn't count- it dont meen squat seen as your clearly biased and a hardcore stern poopy puppy supporter whereas me and sis. Bagdadia are clearly neutral parties in all of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Carol

watch what your saying about cats i have a hole army of cats thay can beat you up in two seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Hurairah
    ^^^That insightful documented observation was made by the reknowned Sheikhah Ustadaha Bagdadia.

Na'am with superb contributions like that with such richness and depth, one can do nothing but agree.

We need more scholars like you my baby sister.
    well i am not a sheikhah.

And why do you agree to only me rayaah_anassr and abu laya.what ever we say you agree.i dont undersatnd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Of coures dogs are good Bagdad
    If I got 6 hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 4 hours to sharpen my axe.

VOTE here :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m-shahzad
    Of coures cats are good M-Shazed (or what ever your name is,little pussy chiken!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Of coures cats are good M-Shazed (or what ever your name is,little pussy chiken!!!)
    .First you wrote wrong spelings it's m-Shahzad secondly I haven't said anything wrong to u, But u call me pussy Chicken that's not good.......Any way thanx to u for copy of my post.

VOTE here :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    .First you wrote wrong spelings it's m-Shahzad secondly I haven't said anything wrong to u, But u call me pussy Chicken that's not good.......Any way thanx to u for copy of my post.
    look little sissy girl *yawn*,are you trying to teach me,Ahem...

look above and see the stupid mistakes you made.HAHAHAHAHAHA.i bolded them for you.

Ustadh m-shahzad must GO back to Kinddergarton.then when you grow up try to teach me you little baby GOAT!!.

know i am not saying anything WRONG!! am i NO!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And another thing.i didnt add, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS PRAWNY GIRL!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon13 Dogs are smelly.....

watch what your saying about cats i have a hole army of cats thay can beat you up in two seconds.
    Sis. Maryam be afraid be very afraid, its true you know what the littlest sis. just said she does have an army of loyal Bagdadia brigade beat 'em up mittens under her command.
    well i am not a sheikhah.

And why do you agree to only me rayaah_anassr and abu laya.what ever we say you agree.i dont undersatnd
    You see a sign of a true scholar is that he/she is humble and pious and refuses to be acknowledged by the masses as a scholar when all know well they are scholars- this further defends by stance that you are a Sheikhah Umm Bagdadia bint Arabia al Maghribi.

I agree with you, your little bro Abu Layla/Mujahed.Net and your big sister Rayaah_Anassr seen as I uphold their points of views, opinions, thoughts, etc. on a whole array of things from love of cats, love of Jihad, love of the Sunnah, and so forth- I just cant argue with so I will not try and just agree insha'allah.

Besides someone once told me I could be 'Morrocan' and also their 'Uncle', now we cant be having a Morrocan Uncle that disagrees with his Muslim relatives can I eh??? Now littlest cutest one I hope you understand insha'allah.

No they stink- dog owners smell bad too, also I have noticed that people that dont have dogs but like dogs emit a bad odour as well.
    Last edited by Fudhayl; 15-12-05 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nasihah insha'allah, nothing more than that.....

Sis. Bagdadia as scholar like you should really know better than to call the bro such a name, it fine if he takes it as a joke and doesnt mind (like me for example seen as I am a talib of yours) but Ukthi avoid calling the bro this if he takes it to heart personally.

Direct such names and worse (though still within the framework of acceptability) against the evil hateful kuffar types where you find them and not to Muslims that get offended insha'allah.

look little sissy girl *yawn*,are you trying to teach me,Ahem...

look above and see the stupid mistakes you made.HAHAHAHAHAHA.i bolded them for you.

Ustadh m-shahzad must GO back to Kinddergarton.then when you grow up try to teach me you little baby GOAT!!.

know i am not saying anything WRONG!! am i NO!!
    Littlest sis. you raised a few excellent points but neednt have called the bro those names- never mind we all need to improve- some sabr is required at times.

And another thing.i didnt add, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS PRAWNY GIRL!!!!.
    Though that was a far better effort masha'allah making me and it was still a bit
    Last edited by Fudhayl; 15-12-05 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    ABU H , do actually have a cat ???
    Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

::eek:: Subhan'allah- next thing you gonna ask is if I am 'Bengali'.....

ABU H , do actually have a cat ???
    Oh my word. What type of question is that to ask me?

It like asking me if I am a bro?

Or if I am human?

Or if I am alive?

Or if I am militant?

Or if I am a bit thus naturally ?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Oh my word. What type of question is that to ask me?

It like asking me if I am a bro?

Or if I am human?

Or if I am alive?

Or if I am militant?

Or if I am a bit thus naturally ?
    lol ok , whats catties name ?? or is that giving away his/her identity ?
    Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She didnt ask that- tell me she juuuust did not ask that- I MUST be seeing things....

lol ok , whats catties name ?? or is that giving away his/her identity ?
    OMG!!! Ya siztaaaaaah you can't go round asking that man?!? Seriously thats such a private question whatever happened to hayah eh?

Thats like you asking me what my real name is!!! You cant be going round doing that! Sheesh some people man they dont know when to stop.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Hurairah
    Now littlest cutest one I hope you understand insha'allah.
    As cute and little she maybe, the little sister needs some time to reflect, she has done this too many times to too many members, and therefore has been banned for a few days.

when she returns, her attitude will be hugely positive.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 Oh why need we resort to this? Her ban is like me being banned also.....

Quote Originally Posted by Niqaabi
    As cute and little she maybe, the little sister needs some time to reflect, she has done this too many times to too many members, and therefore has been banned for a few days.

when she returns, her attitude will be hugely positive.
    Subhan'allah you brothers and sisters need to relax a little, I can assure you the littlest sister means no harm to anyone here at all- try to forgive and forget each other rather than resort to seeking to neg. repping one another and getting each other banned.

I did post here a few nasihah's to her as you can clearly see (and I am one of those that you will observe lover her work) thus the sister would have calmed herself, reflected, and improved insha'allah her conduct around Ummah.com.

When I gave the advice to her it was my precise intention of averting a ban thus there really was no need to go ahead and take such unneccessay action that one has done so here- the sister would have returned with a renewed sense of improvement that all would have seen insha'allah, I shall miss her contributions on the forum.

In future please, please I urge you to provide the sister and others advice and try to get me involved to have a word or two rather than just boot a dear brother/ sister out as this serves no purpose to anyone let alone our brotherhood and unity within the Ummah of Ummah.com.

Not that any will really consider but I strongly feel a ban is unwarrented on this occasion, it may ahve done more harm than good.

Indeed what went on here has made me very very sad.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    She is a member like everyone else and should be treated like everyone else. you break it, you pay for it.
    The sister has been told many times about her language and her conducts towards others as well as her polls/threads/pms etc.
    This ban is actually the last resort for her and the days will give her time to reflect and come back a happier and positive towards other members.

There are many reminders about posting etiquettes/spam/pms etc so the sister really has no excuse for her lack of manners. True you may know her better then others, but it is only fair for her to be treated like every other muslim member.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 I have nothing more to say.....

She is a member like everyone else and should be treated like everyone else. you break it, you pay for it.
    The sister has been told many times about her language and her conducts towards others as well as her polls/threads/pms etc.
    This ban is actually the last resort for her and the days will give her time to reflect and come back a happier and positive towards other members.

There are many reminders about posting etiquettes/spam/pms etc so the sister really has no excuse for her lack of manners. True you may know her better then others, but it is only fair for her to be treated like every other muslim member.
    My dearest sister in Islam,

I am tired, I have no more energy or argument left within me any more.

If you and others think that by banning a fellow Muslim that it would improve them somehow than khair- permit me to disagree strongly for seeing such happen to another is too much for me to accept.

Wa Alaikum wa Assalam
    Last edited by Fudhayl; 16-12-05 at 02:28 AM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    bro i dont want to argue, im tired, sleepy, hungry and i just dont have the energy.
    But "banning a fellow muslim" please leave out the emotional guilt trip or wateva it is.
    Every member who joins should have read the rules and regulations, this way there are no problems, and if they had read it, and decided not to take heed upon it, then they shall suffer the consequences.
    The rules are there for every member, not just kaffirs. The Mods are being fair and just between every muslim member, and if a muslim has stepped out of line, then the Mods are there to put them in their place.

Now, end of discussion.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 I tried not any emotional guilt trip.

Khair- Kalas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Khair- Kalas.
    my dear bro. She is also like my sis, but yesterday she was blowing........She has used many words for me but believe me i never mind,I told her that ,but she was just going n going .for ecaping I simply left the thread. Today I found that she has banned ...........May God help her.....

VOTE here :

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am wondering if you did a poll on vietnamesecuisine.com or koreanappetitetoday.com if the poll results would be different? I think you would need to have a catagory of both for sure.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    here are some tasty thoughts about dogs and other tasty treats:
    Vietnamese food

Eating out in Vietnam

Dec 19th 2002 | HANOI AND HO CHI MINH CITY
    From The Economist print edition

As communism crumbles, a great cuisine revives

Lonely Planet
    IN VIETNAMESE, simple tasks are not as “easy as pie”—they're “like eating dog's brain”. But until recently, eating dog's brain was not easy at all. Vietnam's old communist regime frowned on bourgeois excesses, such as eating out. The few restaurants that survived were drab, soulless spots reserved for party grandees and visiting dignitaries. Anyway, there was not much food on offer. Thanks to a disastrous attempt to force all the country's small family farms to merge into giant collectives, Vietnam flirted with famine in the 1980s. A decent portion of rice, let alone a dog's brain, constituted a feast.

Faced with desperate food shortages and a growing exodus of “boat people”, the government undertook tentative market reforms. Its first step was to give peasants secure tenure over the land they farmed, and freedom to sell their crops at a profit. Gradually, other forms of private enterprise won freer rein. The ensuing revolution was not just agricultural, economic and social, but also gastronomic. Ten years ago, there were only three restaurants serving dog along the dyke that protects Hanoi from the Red river; now there are 25. Hungry Hanoians can feast not only on dog's brain, but also sausages of dogmeat with beans and bitter herbs, grilled dog with ginger and shrimp sauce, boiled dog with lemongrass and steamed dog's liver with chilli and lime.

Many Vietnamese still have to eat whatever they can lay their hands on. Pet birds and dogs are kept indoors to save them from the cooking pot. In 1998, the government tried to reduce the consumption of snakes and cats by banning their sale, since the exploding rat population was damaging crops. Instead, peasants simply took to eating rats as well. The dwindling number of rats, in turn, has caused an explosion in the numbers of another tasty treat: snails.

Diners at the inexpensive Highway 4, for example, merrily knock back shots flavoured with silkworm, snake, crow or goat's testicles. The food, too, is a souped-up version of traditional mountain cuisine, complete with rural treats such as eel or frog. Even street food is being gentrified: at Quan An Ngon in Ho Chi Minh city, bejewelled ladies wash down their stuffed pancakes and hot-and-sour soup with sips

Didn't print the whole article, but bon apatite everyone!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am always the badone in and out.HAHAHAAH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And another thing,it was nice when that happend because i wasnt even at home thats why i didnt loose one day.HAHAHAHAHAAHA

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    chinise people eat cats and dogs innit !?? :S

أليس الله بِكَافٍ عَبْدَه fisabilillah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes they do, one of my friends neighbour had a dog (about 10 years ago) lol... and it always annoyed them because it wouldn't stop barkin...hence, they couldn't even get any sleep. SO once, I went to her house and the dog wasn't barking anymore so I asked my friend what happened to it and she said that the neighbours were chineese and that they'd eaten it...so the fur ball was gone forever.
    قال بعض السلف :
    خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلإِنسَـنِ إِلاَّ مَا سَعَى

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am always the badone in and out.HAHAHAAH
    Salam Sis & welcome back...........

VOTE here :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fisabilillah
    Yes they do, one of my friends neighbour had a dog (about 10 years ago) lol... and it always annoyed them because it wouldn't stop barkin...hence, they couldn't even get any sleep. SO once, I went to her house and the dog wasn't barking anymore so I asked my friend what happened to it and she said that the neighbours were chineese and that they'd eaten it...so the fur ball was gone forever.
    Far easteren eat many things.........................

VOTE here :

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    And another thing,it was nice when that happend because i wasnt even at home thats why i didnt loose one day.HAHAHAHAHAAHA
    this time you'll stick to the set rules so there will be no need for you to be banned a 3rd time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this time you'll stick to the set rules so there will be no need for you to be banned a 3rd time.
    what are you thae moderator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont they eat the frog legs too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fisabilillah
    thats sooooooooooooo mean...poor dog
    why would ani1 wanta eat a dog there dirty and have bacteria in their body *shivers*