Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: In which "Islam do u believe"?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sunnit

225 53.07%
  • Shiit

14 3.30%
  • Sufi

10 2.36%
  • Ahmadiyya

2 0.47%
  • Buff Ting

46 10.85%
  • Muslim (no other prefix)

127 29.95%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

VOTE: Sunni or Shia?

Assalamu alikum,

i'd like just to know, if u r sunnit, shiit, sufi or ahmadiyya??

Nour
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-Nasser
    sunni...Alhamdullah

i am from the only 100% sunni country in the world.....it was liberated from the Shia rule by Saladin and since then it's a 100% sunni country...praise be too Allah and thanks to Saladin.
    Sorry to burst ur bubble , but you do have ahlu'Shi3aa in Misr and many, and I mean many (something like 9/12 million heads) of the ahlu'Tassawuf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    noooooooooooooo, no shias at all!!!!

not a signle shia at all, maybe less than 100 shia or something because of Sunni/no Egyptian shia marriage but non Egyptian Shias at ALL...i assure you....God!!...i'm here for 25 years and i didn't see a single shia

as for Sufis i was talking about the Sunni/Shia thing....and sufis are everywhere...there is even shia sufis....

you know Dr Mustafa Mahmoud? he is considered a Sufi but in the same time we can't say he is not sunni!!!...
    My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    divideing the muslims is a sin, the best thing would be to just say muslim, and not call someone shia, sunni, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Al-Nasser]as for Sufis i was talking about the Sunni/Shia thing....and sufis are everywhere...there is even shia sufis....QUOTE]

lol, yea, they are everywhere but most of them adhere to the sound 3qeedah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    alhamdulah i adhere tot he quran and sunnah of the prophet (pbuh)..so yep a sunni lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    salaam...

Ahem....

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem....

'And hold fast (tight), all of you together to the rope of Allah (ie. this Qur'an), and be not devided among yourselves...'
    Surah 3. Al-Imran.
    Verse 103

Hadith...
    It has been said by Abu Hurairah RA the prophet SAW said:
    "The Jews and Christians were devided into seventy-one and seventy-two religious sects, and this nation will be devided into seventy-three religious sects.- All in hell, exept one, and that one is the one on which I and my companions are today"

hw r we to knw wich group is da one?

... i am a muslim simple & pure, living my life as a a muslim to the best of my ability!

and Allah knws best!

ma slm...x
    sis in Islam!
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][B]Think Twice!
    ...Its Just Another Day For YOU & ME in PARADISE!....X
    [/B][/SIZE][U][B][COLOR=Blue][URL]http://www.myspace.com/Gulshana87[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][/U] [/CENTER]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Ibn Abbaas Radhi Allaahu Ta'ala 'anhu has said in the tafseer of Surah Aal Imraan ayaah 106 that the people whose faces will be brightened will be the Ahl us Sunnah and those whose faces will be darkened will be the Ahl ul Bida'h (tafseer ibn katheer)

وقوله تعالى: {يوم تبيض وجوه وتسود وجوه} يعني يوم القيامة حين تبيض وجوه أهل السنة
    والجماعة، وتسوّد وجوه أهل البدعة والفرقة، قاله ابن عباس رضي اللّه عنهما.
    [تفسير ابن کثير آل عمران ١٠٦]

Read also: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...sunni+divisive

Man arada minkum bi habuhat al-jannati fal yulzim al-jama`at

"Whoever among you wants to be in the middle of Paradise, let him cling to the Congregation."

[Saheeh] Tirmidhi
    Last edited by faqir; 24-10-04 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jazakum allah khiar brother faqir.

look a new avatar! ponderingstar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Dagnammit! i voted i was a muslim but i'd forgotten that i was a Buff Ting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wat is a buff ting?

Muslim, Alhamdulillah angelgirl101's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Salaam,

I am Shi'a Alhamdulillah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angelgirl101
    Salaam,

I remember you were debating whether to be known as Sunni or Shi'a.

I support you in your decision.

Love you for the sake of Allah (swt) sis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

muslim period, no prefix

look a new avatar! ponderingstar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I fins it hilarious that so many peeps are walking around asking "what is a buff ting?" It's very cute.

Buff: attractive, in shape, etc.

Ting: slang for "thing"

A buff ting: somone who is an attractive thing.

if you pronounce the "ting" with a very slight west indian accent you'll get the hang of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    22:77 O you who believe, bow down and prostrate yourselves and serve your lord, and do good that you may succeed.

22:78 And strive hard for Allah with due striving. He has chosen you and has not laid upon you any hardship in religion, the faith of your father Abraham. He named you Muslims before and in this, that the messenger may be a bearer of witness to you, and you may be bearers of witness to the people; so keep up your prayer and pay the poor-rate and hold fast to Allah. He is your protector; excellent the Protector and excellent the helper!
    Last edited by Nettle; 01-11-04 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    3:64. Say: O People of the book, come to an equitable word between us and you, that we shall serve none but Allah and that we shall not associate aught with Him, and that some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah. But if they turn away, then say: Bear witness, we are Muslims.

3:65 O People of the book, why do you dispute about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Do you not understand?

3:66 Behold! You are they who disputed about that of which you had knowledge; why then do you dispute about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows while you know not.

3:67 Abraham was not a Jew nor a Christian, but he was an upright man, a muslim; and he was not one of the polytheists.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    your point being?

Huja Usman
    Guests
    Quote Originally Posted by angelgirl101
    Salaam,

Salam-alaykum. How can you say alhamdulilah after it?

Maybe you dont know much about that cult, But please reead more, May Allah swt guide you

Sophiya
    Guests
    i know- and mariam- how can you justify encouraging someone into bidah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there are sufis within sunnis and shias believe it or not. It is just a method of worshipping Even sufis in sunni is quite similar to sufi in shia.

ONE UMMAH
    ONE UMMAH
    ONE FAMILY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huja Mehmet
    Maybe you dont know much about that cult, But please reead more, May Allah swt guide you
    Dear sheikh Hujja mehmet. How can you call the shia a cult? They are merely supporters of the ahlul bayt.

I know some of theyre ways are wrong and totally unrelated to Islam, i.e. hitting themselves and cursing some companions. BUT one cannot call them a cult.

Are u a salafi? if so this explains your views. BUT you ask the sister to read more. with no disrespect i believe you are in need of reading more oh sheikh, or maybe u have read but u have read from fabricated hadith written by there enemies.

Insulting another muslim's deen and making takfir on someone who isnt kafir is a grave sin sheikh.

Salam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-Nasser
    noooooooooooooo, no shias at all!!!!

not a signle shia at all, maybe less than 100 shia or something .
    Incorrect i have know of many shia in egypt, they just hide it to prevent being attacked (not physically) but it save alot of questioning. Many shias there, dont forget about sayyida zayneb, and they are known as followers of sayyida zayneb. so i am told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophiya
    i know- and mariam- how can you justify encouraging someone into bidah?
    angelgirl101 is my sister in Islam.

That's all I need to know.

Sophiya
    Guests
    which is exactly why u should be looking out for her even more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophiya
    which is exactly why u should be looking out for her even more
    I look after her.

I know she used her intelligence to investigate her faith and hone in on what she believes.

I know her quest was a struggle.

Do you think she just woke up one day and and chose to be Shi'a as casually as one dons a pair of socks?

I admire her fortitude.

I support her decision.

Allah (swt) knows best.

A Slave in Need of Allah Saifullah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Assalamu alaikum ...

... who started this poll ?!

I mean they are very confused!! since when did we have versions of islam ? There is only one true Islam and we are Muslims.

No offence intended, but i dont consider ahmediyyah as muslims, Allahu Alim.
    and Tawassuf (Sufi) is not a sect, its an area or aspect in Islam.
    Ya Wadud! ~ Oh Beloved, make the veils on my heart to vanish, hear my cry and open my heart with Your Light.

Oh You Who loves those whose hearts are broken for Your sake ~ You are Allah, Our Lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sufism is not a sect??

Quote Originally Posted by Saleh Ali
    Subhanallah Nour-Islam, Sufism is Not an Own sect! It is Part of Ahle Sunnah, Sufi is the One Who Love To establish the Remembrence of Allah, Why are żou making A Diffirence AND DIVISION between Ahle Sunnah and Sufism, Why DONT MAKE A VOTE ABOUT How manY WAHABIS THEIRE ARE HEAR?
    Assalaamu alaikum,

I know this thread is only for polling purposes, but I am wondering what you consider Sufism to be.

Sufism is known as "Islamic Mysticism," in which Muslims seek to find divine love and knowledge through direct personal experience of God. Mysticism is defined as the experience of mystical union or direct communion with ultimate reality, and the belief that direct knowledge of God, spiritual truth, or ultimate reality can be attained through subjective experience (as intuition or insight). Both the terms Sufism and Sufi beliefs have no basis from the traditional Islamic sources of the Qur'an and Sunnah, a fact even admitted by themselves. Rather, Sufism is in essence a conglomerate consisting of extracts from a multitude of other religions with which Sufi's interacted. The history of its origin is very interesting.

Anything that teaches worship in ways that were not prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah are no longer on the staight path but are a deviation.

For example, Sufis believe: "Allah does not distinguish between the non-believer and the Faasiq (wrong doer) or between a believer and a Muslim. In fact they are all equal to Him... Allah does not distinguish between a Kaffir or a hypocrite or between a saint and a Prophet."

I was wondering, are you okay with this?
    Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sects/ versions/aspects....but there is only one path

Quote Originally Posted by Saifullah
    Assalamu alaikum ...

... who started this poll ?!

I mean they are very confused!! since when did we have versions of islam ? There is only one true Islam and we are Muslims.

No offence intended, but i dont consider ahmediyyah as muslims, Allahu Alim.
    and Tawassuf (Sufi) is not a sect, its an area or aspect in Islam.
    Wa alaikum assalaam sister,

I completely understand your viewpoint, and I used to feel the same way. Muslim is muslim. In many aspects that is true, but after delving into studies about shiism and sufism and others, it became evident that worshipping practices were changed and there was much deviation from the original Islam. Most followers of these "aspects of Islam" do not even realize what the fundamental beliefs of their teachings are, because if they did, they might not be adhering to it an longer. You are absolutely right, there is only one Islam, which follows only Qur'an and sunnah. These are sunni Muslims, coming from the word sunnah. No innovation is allowed, no divine intervention between an imam and God to change rules and add and delete from the religion, just pure Islam, as the Qur'an and the Prophet, peace be upon him, taught it. This is what the members that say "I am only a Muslim" are. An aspect of Islam would only be if the religion was not being changed, which is happening among the Sufi's and Shia's and so forth, so calling them "sects" is more appropriate and protects the true Islam.

Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Mubarak
    sorry, i am just muslim
    That's it...not Sunni not Shia (Shiite) - but just a Muslim.

GenN
    Guests
    Assalmu alaykum,

Alhamdullillah i am a muslim.

However i am not a muslim that slanders Sahaba (shia/****te),

neither am i someone who likens Allah to his creation (salafis/wahabies)

neither am i someone who believes a prophet came after Muhammed (peave and blessings of Allah be upon him) (the qadianis/ahmadiyah),

neither am i someone who compromises sharia (modernists)

So that leaves me as being part of the ahlul sunnah (or sunni muslim for short) of which the spiritual aspect is referred to as sufism.

It amazes me that people say such naive things as "i am a muslim no other prefix" and do not care about being associated with all these deviated sects. Well on the day of qiyamah you can all say "you did not have a probelm being associated with all these people that compromised sharia, or likened Allah to his creation, or slandered sahaba etc etc etc".

Personally i would like to raise on the day of qiyamah and say that i seperated against all these other people of ahlul bidah and stuck to the pure orthodox ways of Quran and sunnah as understood by the sahaba and transmitted by 90% of the scholars of this ummah i.e Ahluls sunnah (or sunni for short).

"Ibn Abbaas Radhi Allaahu Ta'ala 'anhu has said in the tafseer of Surah Aal Imraan ayaah 106 that the people whose faces will be brightened will be the Ahl us Sunnah and those whose faces will be darkened will be the Ahl ul Bida'h (tafseer ibn katheer)
    "

and Allah knows best.
    Last edited by GenN; 11-01-05 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I AM AN EX-MUSLIM!!!

seeing you fighting once again only reinforces my decision for quitting Islam so I'm EX-MUSLIM! It doesn't bother me any more what and whom you follow as the majority of you muslims believe in and act in other than what your religion says!

There is lots of divisions among you; families are didvided - brothers and sisters are divided hence by extension their children (the cousins and their children) are divided just because you tend to differe from each other on the basis of your perception of you religion!

I have only seen hatred among muslims and I personally have experienced this (though my parents were the so-cxalled sunnis).

I wondered for long long time and contemplated whether the creator who created us really wanted us to kill each other and hate each other in the name of his deen? The answer i found was NO! But I couldn't live with hypocrites among muslims anymore so decided to quit and I am at peace with myself. I never harmed anyone just because of his faith as I have always respected and shown respect to others's religion and this is what I had been taught as a muslim (When I was a muslim) but seeing the actions of muslims throughout history and in particular in the last few decades is very painful experience.

The muslims keep on victimising themselves all the time and remain in the glorious past which didn't even last for long- because of Arab tribalism!

The worst of all muslims are arabs; they are still from among the JAHILOON and dependant people on this planet; they collaborated with LAWRENCE OF ARABIA; with the USA and with the West against the Ottoman Empire and helped them topple it! But these JAHILOON arabs sold their land to jews and were sleeping at that time and now crying over the spilt milk. They deserve it because these were the people who conspired against the Turks and Turks were brave people and good muslims and today because of the treason of arabs both the turks as well as arabs are suffering and this has caused suffering among other muslims and non-muslims as well!

Luckily Islam was not propagated by arabs but by non-arabs! And I despise more these arab muslims than non-arab muslims!

you carry on with your fighting and fill your hearts with hatred as this is what you think your lord expects you to do - to slaughter his creation!

EX-MUSLIM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How can u even think of classing ahmedis as muslims?!

GenN
    Guests
    Quote Originally Posted by jahil
    I AM AN EX-MUSLIM!!!

seeing you fighting once again only reinforces my decision for quitting Islam so I'm EX-MUSLIM!

I have only seen hatred among muslims and I personally have experienced this (though my parents were the so-cxalled sunnis).

I wondered for long long time and contemplated whether the creator who created us really wanted us to kill each other and hate each other in the name of his deen? The answer i found was NO! But I couldn't live with hypocrites among muslims anymore so decided to quit and I am at peace with myself. I never harmed anyone just because of his faith as I have always respected and shown respect to others's religion and this is what I had been taught as a muslim (When I was a muslim) but seeing the actions of muslims throughout history and in particular in the last few decades is very painful experience.

you carry on with your fighting and fill your hearts with hatred as this is what you think your lord expects you to do - to slaughter his creation!

EX-MUSLIM
    So Mr jahil, i hope those werent the reasons you quit Islam, becaseu if they were it only goes to show the naivety in your thought process.

first of all, how can you simply using your own mind come to the conclusion that Allah would not want you to kill others (im' not saying he does, i'm just saying how can you uses your mind to prove that he doesnt).

if you say becaseu killing is evil, then i disagree, not all killing is evil, many a time killing is justified. And many if not most amongst mankind would agree with me. So what we see here is that due to the limited nature of man's mind, man cannot conclusively decide what is wrong and what is right, hence the differneces amongst mankind in almost everything. So what is right and what is wrong? Well the best one to inform us of that would be the one that created us, Allah, as Allah is not limited like us or biast like us, he knows best. So if he says killing in certain instances is permissbale, or war is permissbale in certain instances then THAT is the right course of action and NOT what you limited mind thinks to be correct, due to the nature of it being limited and not being able to comrehensively outweigh all the pros and cons to come to the correct conclsuion (besides the fact that it is also in mans nature to be biast).

this is not being all hunkey dorey, and lovey dovey and peacey weacy, beacuse that is the way of dumb people that have failed to comprehend the nature of the universe. We need justice NOT peace. We need JUstice NOT pacifism we need equity NOT equality.

and as for you other reasons about muslims beickering and arguing and fighting well, you have to be a bit naive to base Islam on Muslims instead of Islam. becaseu you are now being a hypocryite. If you want to base Islam on Muslims, then base Humanity on mankind, and you will see how evil humanity is. Does that now mean you do not wish to be human anymore? what would you rather be, a donkey?

as for your last statement about what your lord expects from you, then tell me what you think your lord expects from you and PROVE it, beacsue without proof people can claim what they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenN
    So Mr jahil, i hope those werent the reasons you quit Islam, becaseu if they were it only goes to show the naivety in your thought process.

first of all, how can you simply using your own mind come to the conclusion that Allah would not want you to kill others (im' not saying he does, i'm just saying how can you uses your mind to prove that he doesnt).

if you say becaseu killing is evil, then i disagree, not all killing is evil, many a time killing is justified. And many if not most amongst mankind would agree with me. So what we see here is that due to the limited nature of man's mind, man cannot conclusively decide what is wrong and what is right, hence the differneces amongst mankind in almost everything. So what is right and what is wrong? Well the best one to inform us of that would be the one that created us, Allah, as Allah is not limited like us or biast like us, he knows best. So if he says killing in certain instances is permissbale, or war is permissbale in certain instances then THAT is the right course of action and NOT what you limited mind thinks to be correct, due to the nature of it being limited and not being able to comrehensively outweigh all the pros and cons to come to the correct conclsuion (besides the fact that it is also in mans nature to be biast).

this is not being all hunkey dorey, and lovey dovey and peacey weacy, beacuse that is the way of dumb people that have failed to comprehend the nature of the universe. We need justice NOT peace. We need JUstice NOT pacifism we need equity NOT equality.

and as for you other reasons about muslims beickering and arguing and fighting well, you have to be a bit naive to base Islam on Muslims instead of Islam. becaseu you are now being a hypocryite. If you want to base Islam on Muslims, then base Humanity on mankind, and you will see how evil humanity is. Does that now mean you do not wish to be human anymore? what would you rather be, a donkey?

as for your last statement about what your lord expects from you, then tell me what you think your lord expects from you and PROVE it, beacsue without proof people can claim what they want.
    Same old rhetorics!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Your name suits you - Jahil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I AM AN EX-MUSLIM!!!

seeing you fighting once again only reinforces my decision for quitting Islam so I'm EX-MUSLIM! It doesn't bother me any more what and whom you follow as the majority of you muslims believe in and act in other than what your religion says!

There is lots of divisions among you; families are didvided - brothers and sisters are divided hence by extension their children (the cousins and their children) are divided just because you tend to differe from each other on the basis of your perception of you religion!

The muslims keep on victimising themselves all the time and remain in the glorious past which didn't even last for long- because of Arab tribalism!

The worst of all muslims are arabs; they are still from among the JAHILOON and dependant people on this planet; they collaborated with LAWRENCE OF ARABIA; with the USA and with the West against the Ottoman Empire and helped them topple it! But these JAHILOON arabs sold their land to jews and were sleeping at that time and now crying over the spilt milk. They deserve it because these were the people who conspired against the Turks and Turks were brave people and good muslims and today because of the treason of arabs both the turks as well as arabs are suffering and this has caused suffering among other muslims and non-muslims as well!

Luckily Islam was not propagated by arabs but by non-arabs! And I despise more these arab muslims than non-arab muslims!

EX-MUSLIM
    so your a murtard and a racist?

islam's better off without you
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocrite
    Bidah! Shirk! Murtard! Kufr! Man i hate the kuffar so much, i hate this country. I care much more about my brothers and sisters in Islam than you, because i say i do. Thats why i live here, claim benefits and moan when my dole payment is late.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Only Islam can rescue him from his jahilliyah.

[never give up hope]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you're right faqir i was just angry at this murtard

i will make dua for it

may Allah subhana wa t'ala guide you Jahil
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocrite
    Bidah! Shirk! Murtard! Kufr! Man i hate the kuffar so much, i hate this country. I care much more about my brothers and sisters in Islam than you, because i say i do. Thats why i live here, claim benefits and moan when my dole payment is late.

GenN
    Guests
    Same old rhetorics!
    i am dissapointed at your reply Mr jahil. if they are old rehtorics, please answer them. After all you shouldn't have a problem answering old rehtorics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: VOTE: R U Sunnit, Shiit...

Sunni!