Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Do Not Private Message NOR Insult The Sisters

If you do, and they report it, you will be banned

Sisters, if anyone is sending you pm's against your wishes, please inform me and they will be banned immediately

Anyone looking for dates, go to www.muslimwakeup.com, there are all types of people there

Here? I dont know anyone personally, but I do take it personal when men private message sisters.

So hereby consider this the first and last warning.
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Do Not Private Message The Sisters

Salaams
    Surely it shouldn't be such a hard and fast rule - that brothers who PM a sis and she doesn't like it so gets him banned???
    Can we not use our reasonableness here - if it was inappropriate or indeed the sister had made it abundantly clear that she did not wish to receive such mail then consider such options, we're not afterall at school are we!!! So perhaps we need to tackle this issue as grownups!!!
    I personally have been PMed - by brothers whom have given me details relating to postings - all halal - that they perhaps could not put onto the forums for the world to see! I also have been PMed by a brother asking for my details re marriage etc - flattering is prob more how I would take it - when I said no that was the end of it - halal again!!!
    There seems to be a lot of fellow Muslims on this site whom don't really want to take responsibility for the own lives.....yes sisters need to be protected - but from A MESSAGE??? What do the same sisters do should/if a brother approaches them in the street - cal the police???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^ Wa alaikumassalam

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i like PM-ing the sisters......

oops
    No Allah No Peace.
    Know Allah Know Peace.

heeelllllpppppppp!!!!!!!! Al-ghurabah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

good point but why are you promoting a dating site for.. your promoting fitna.. not good.. forbid the evil not promote it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak

Sisters, if anyone is sending you pm's against your wishes, please inform me and they will be banned immediately

Anyone looking for dates, go to www.muslimwakeup.com, there are all types of people there

Here? I dont know anyone personally, but I do take it personal when men private message sisters.

jazakallahu khayr - naseeha should be taken from all no matter which forums they are on. Innallaha Raqeebun 'aleem

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTerror
    ^^ Wa alaikumassalam

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i like PM-ing the sisters......

oops

man u gta resist...u gta survive the temptations...
    “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
    Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
    He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
    And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some sisters take brothers talking to them as end of the world. Some even say its haraam to do so. So what keeps these sisters and brothers from doing the same when it comes to talking to the kuffars?

Talking to the bro/sis is allowed (out of necessity) and is alright if done within the guidelines of proper Islamic Adaabs. These people who try to be islamic become too islamic to the point that they get tunnel vision and loose common sense. Remember Islam is a religion of moderation, no extremes on either side, be it secular or "too religious" thing.

As for Messaging the sisters on this forum. It is foolish to say this is the "first and last warning" to such bros and will be banned. A bro may contact the sister for a number of things, good or bad. If it's bad then of course, by all means ban him. If not bad email, then she can answer him and help him out best as she can or direct him to the best path and keep it short and to the point. But if a sister doesn't want to talk to bros then don't loose your head, either don't reply back or kindly say you don't talk to bros and he should contact someone else and also if needs to talk to a sis then find another one as i'm sure we got plenty on here who wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by islamirama; 27-07-06 at 04:09 PM.
    Banned permamently for not taking mods BS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    833 Post(s)

There are plenty of fellow brothers about for the brothers. And mashallah very knowledgable ones, so other brothers should contact them. khalas.

I see no reason for there to be an absolute necessity that a random brother deems it appropiate to pm a random sister who he doesnt know about un-neccessary things. Unless its from admin or whatever, but the first post is clearly referring to things of a inappropiate nature, which DO occur, and we shouldnt be so naive as to them. Hence THE BAN.
    Last edited by Nawar; 27-07-06 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Lol. some brothers come here looking for wives
    Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
    "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Loading please wait.... banglabhai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Na'ima
    don't tell me this is not the right place..

lol
    Big Bang Theory Sense: First there was nothing ..
    Then it exploded ..

Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Its Sisters too - ive been forwarded afew Disturbing PMs by people sent by "Sisters" on this board which are equally disturbing..........thinking its amusing to mess about (wont go into detail)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Na'ima
    or looking to get away from their wives
    And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâliműn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anna2000uk
    if you have a stalker then try to block them but also insha allah let the administration know.
    Yeah even if it is a sister stalking a brother we shall deal with it insha allah, we're not one sided
    Thats good to know
    Saying of Mohammed (pbuh)
    "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Passion Of Christ (Eesa A.S) <--- check it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UmmMusab
    Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
    AsSalamu Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu My Dear Muslim Brothers and Sisters in Islam

-Jaza'kallahu Khairun- Akhi AbuMubarak

I Believe that the Sisters and Brothers Should Also Avoid Talking so Openly in the Open Forums Aswel .. It Really Isn't Nice to See.

I've Noticed Many Who Indulge in Useless Talk ... and Yes Some of the Admins Also Seem to Join in with the Meaningless Stuff.

WaSalamu Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu My Dear Muslim Brothers and Sisters in Islam
    I concur, especially useless threads like "urdu thread" and "tell us about yourself" etc

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    833 Post(s)

I agree with most of what you have said, there are some un-necessary discussions.

But I do not agree with your statement regarding sanity. and what is the point of making assumptions on your brothers and sisters and call them sinful on this thread??? If you see a thread or a post you do not like, say so on THAT thread, give your naseehah and leave it at that.

And there are many fruitful discussions that take place on the forum also, so we should encourage where appropiate too, rather then constantly jump to criticise, and tar all our fellow brothers and sisters with the same 'insane' brush.

~ A Clasp of Innocence ~ ur_yusra's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nawar
    I agree with most of what you have said, there are some un-necessary discussions.

But I do not agree with your statement regarding sanity. and what is the point of making assumptions on your brothers and sisters and call them sinful on this thread??? If you see a thread or a post you do not like, say so on THAT thread, give your naseehah and leave it at that.

And there are many fruitful discussions that take place on the forum also, so we should encourage where appropiate too, rather then constantly jump to criticise, and tar all our fellow brothers and sisters with the same 'insane' brush.
    Yeh.. subhanAllah..

Allah (swt) guides whom he wills.. Noone really knows who is beloved in the sight of Allah (swt)..

But if you think we are all void of sanity.. then please do duah for us..
    - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thats nyc a subtle approach...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Abum on the first post of this thread... I must also add that it is the same for sisters... If there is not an important thing do not pm... If some cahils pm you, direckt them to moderators... Good thread for Ummah com.... Here is not a marriage place for anyone.... Stand against the social degeneration in all meanings...
    Sehadeth is a message to all generations and ages.... Sheheed Metin Yuksel....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I make no secret my intentions is not to discuss anyone sins or wrongs, but shouldn’t this equally be applied to sisters who unnecessary pm “brothers”?

My experience on another forum was unpleasant and this person didn’t hold back in her messages to me.

Accountant Disabled UnenlightenedOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    What if there is proof the sister PM'ed you first, and how does one know who is a sister for reals???
    "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not against PMing sisters nor brothers, rather proper conduct be maintained and it should be done out of necessity if need be. Those who wish to help you will, others will either direct you or tell you not to PM them or simply not reply at all. Talking to bro/sis is not haraam and guidelines have been set if you need to address each other, those who do not wish to be part of it can also choose not to as this is an online forum only and nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Re: Do Not Private Message The Sisters

I will pm the sisters, your being too strict, y can't i talk to the sisters, my heart is clean, so sexist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sadf View Post
    I will pm the sisters, your being too strict, y can't i talk to the sisters, my heart is clean, so sexist
    Even if your heart is clean, you forget that when two people are alone the 3rd is shaytan. It all starts out with hello and innocently and till you know it, shaytan has led you to the path you would never imagined. Some sisters don't want to talk to guys and you should respect that. others that are ok with it, you should PM only if you need any help that others can't give and even than you can be relaxed about it in appoarching them. It's nota about being sexists but rather cautious, Islam not only prohibits the haraam but also anything that could lead to that haraam.

A young man came to the prophet s.a.w. and said asked him for permission to have sex with girls. The sahaabas were ready to jump him and give'em a good beating but Prophet s.a.w. calmed everyone down and then talked to the young man. He said...(something to the affect of)...

Would you like anyone to have sex with your sisters?, he said No.
    would you like anyone to have sex with your mom?, he said No.
    would you like anyone to have sex with your aunts?, he said No.

and henceforth, then He s.a.w. said the girls you want to have sex with are somebody's daughter, sister, mother, wife ,etc. If you do not want any man near your women then wouldn't it be the same for others. The young man then asked prophet s.a.w to make dua for him.

So, would you mind anyone PMing your sisters, mother, etc?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
    Even if your heart is clean, you forget that when two people are alone the 3rd is shaytan. It all starts out with hello and innocently and till you know it, shaytan has led you to the path you would never imagined. Some sisters don't want to talk to guys and you should respect that. others that are ok with it, you should PM only if you need any help that others can't give and even than you can be relaxed about it in appoarching them. It's nota about being sexists but rather cautious, Islam not only prohibits the haraam but also anything that could lead to that haraam.

A young man came to the prophet s.a.w. and said asked him for permission to have sex with girls. The sahaabas were ready to jump him and give'em a good beating but Prophet s.a.w. calmed everyone down and then talked to the young man. He said...(something to the affect of)...

Would you like anyone to have sex with your sisters?, he said No.
    would you like anyone to have sex with your mom?, he said No.
    would you like anyone to have sex with your aunts?, he said No.

and henceforth, then He s.a.w. said the girls you want to have sex with are somebody's daughter, sister, mother, wife ,etc. If you do not want any man near your women then wouldn't it be the same for others. The young man then asked prophet s.a.w to make dua for him.

So, would you mind anyone PMing your sisters, mother, etc?
    Totally Agree . No one's Heart is "clean"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sadf View Post
    after reading this they aint gna PM a freak likke u?

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Just in case anyone forgets or doesnt know though anyone and everyone should know

we do not tolerate our sisters being insulted, period

you can insult brothers all day long, (though that isnt advised, because that is a bannable offence as well) but our sisters are held in very high esteem

calling them stupid or any other insulting name will not be tolerated
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Re: Do Not Private Message NOR Insult The Sisters

i guess chivalry isn't completely dead yet then?
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

isnt that a european concept?

i call it basic islamic honor
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

..and yeh historically it is I guess, but it's just an english word now understood to mean respectful polite treatment from men toward women.
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

europeans are not qualified to even discuss how to honor women, they do nothing but degrade them,
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Kpmeclsdntltmegoastryyaal ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just in case anyone forgets or doesnt know though anyone and everyone should know

you can insult brothers all day long, (though that isnt advised, because that is a bannable offence as well) but our sisters are held in very high esteem

europeans are not qualified to even discuss how to honor women, they do nothing but degrade them,
    how sweet

no one betr mess with me cos im gunna tell AbuMubarak lols
    j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DATES????????????????

Isnt this ummah .com ???? isnt ummah part of islam???

WAT THE HECK IS WRONG WIT U PPL!!

*shocked*

Lord Summerisle
    Guests

Out of interest, what about female members who insult others? This happens, yet it seems acceptable.

I have no problem with the female members not being insulted, but shouldn't this cut both ways? If not, why not?

Lord Summerisle
    Guests

What a ridiculous generalisation. I'm sure you're getting worse in your old age, Abu M.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

i am not saying all europeans, because many muslims are european

i am talking about their history and culture as a whole, since the time of greeks and romans till today, they are the ones advocating gay rights (where since the dawn of mankind has anyone advocated gay rights except euromericans???)
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Summerisle View Post
    Out of interest, what about female members who insult others? This happens, yet it seems acceptable.

I have no problem with the female members not being insulted, but shouldn't this cut both ways? If not, why not?
    sisters will be reprimanded if they insult, just as brothers would be

this insult thing is not directed solely at the kafirs, but also the muslims
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Lord Summerisle
    Guests

i am not saying all europeans, because many muslims are european

i am talking about their history and culture as a whole, since the time of greeks and romans till today, they are the ones advocating gay rights (where since the dawn of mankind has anyone advocated gay rights except euromericans???)
    Whats the problem with advocating gay rights?

The best provision? piety Mujib's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

No offense, but what about the sister's who private message you? then what?
    Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

The best provision? piety Mujib's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truemuslima View Post
    DATES????????????????

Isnt this ummah .com ???? isnt ummah part of islam???

WAT THE HECK IS WRONG WIT U PPL!!

*shocked*
    AMEN TO THAT SISTER!
    Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Are you being bullied again?

Could the sisters please be more sensitive to Summer's fragile nature, please?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

What a ridiculous generalisation. I'm sure you're getting worse in your old age, Abu M.
    Whats the problem with advocating gay rights?
    See it from our point of view Summerisle, For once. We, Muslim women and men, believe that to use a woman's body to sell things, or to allow prostitution (selling sex for money) or pornography is degradation of women and dishonourable.

If a society does this, from my point of view, it is degrading women. It isn't a ridiculous generalisation - it is actually quite a valid one, given our beliefs.

That's not to say the society is evil or anything, just that it degrades women.

As for gay rights, it's the same thing. We believe homosexuality, adultery, fornication, prostitution are all morally impermissible. We therefore believe that advocating any of them is wrong.

You do realise that there are plenty of people in this country too who believe that 'adultery' is wrong and would have a problem with it being 'advocated' for. We believe the same, we go further and even add fornication, homosexuality, bestiality etc.. to that list.
    ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
    a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
    worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
    a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
    and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
    (Three Men in a Boat)