Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

If your wife played video games...

You always read about females putting restrictions or even forbid their husbands to play after marriage. But if it was the other way around, basically her forcing you to play with her, would that be alright with you?

And don't say stuff like she should take care of the house. That's obvious and no one cleans the house 24/7 lol. So she basically plays on her freetime when EVERYTHING else is done. Would you be alright if you had a wifey that played video games?If Yes/No/Maybe so, explain why you answered like that.
    Cheers

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

Re: If your wife played video games...

Quote Originally Posted by P1RAT3N View Post
    I think it depends on the content. I would be against games like gta or stuff with bad language. And then he/she should play with moderation
    Yeah content is important and while I agree with you on games like gta I think shirk in games is even worse
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Actually I sort of worry about this, not wife playing computer games but her leisure time.

I don't watch tv or movies cause of music and innapropriate content and don't really want my wife doing it either (not a deal breaker but a preference) but I don't want her bored either.

Summers ok but winter you can't really spend evenings outside. Usually to pass my time I'm reading and I'm happy with that with occasional Xbox. I'm happy with books but there's only so much one can read so I guess I'd be relieved if she played computer games I don't want her bored to death

Something (among many things) I worry about
    True... It is something that has crossed the mind.
    Alhamdulillah, there are people who are very good in that way so using the leisure time won't be a problem, but not everyone is like this of course.

I suppose in general, any activity that is halaal and which both husband and wife share an interest in is a good thing (unless reaching a point where it becomes detrimental).

I think it would be nice if hobbies involved a little bit of physical activity... We had a day out a while back where all the women and children in our (sizeable) extended family spent some time playing sports and they did enjoy that... but that was something of a rare occurrence.

It's not so easy for women as it is for men to get involved in, but things like team sports, Alhamdulillah, I think would be something enjoyable, refreshing and beneficial at the same time for our women. There's something you get in the rush of competitive physical activity, especially in a team sport, that is quite unique (Alhamdulillah).

--------------

(Re: your rep, @eesa the kiwi, ameen, dear brother. )
    Last edited by Fakhri; 15-11-17 at 10:05 AM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)

That's weird

Who invented video games
    hope they suffer
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    True... It is something that has crossed the mind.
    Alhamdulillah, there are people who are very good in that way so using the leisure time won't be a problem, but not everyone is like this of course.

I suppose in general, any activity that is halaal and which both husband and wife share an interest in is a good thing (unless reaching a point where it becomes detrimental).

I think it would be nice if hobbies involved a little bit of physical activity... We had a day out a while back where all the women and children in our (sizeable) extended family spent some time playing sports and they did enjoy that... but that was something of a rare occurrence.

It's not so easy for women as it is for men to get involved in, but things like team sports, Alhamdulillah, I think would be something enjoyable, refreshing and beneficial at the same time for our women. There's something you get in the rush of competitive physical activity, especially in a team sport, that is quite unique (Alhamdulillah).
    In summer there's heaps of things you can do. Swimming fishing hiking mountain biking cricket soccer etc

New Zealand has some pretty isolated spots so there's places you can go for your wife to take part in these things and still preserve her modesty

Winter you are a lot more limited
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)

I'm not interested in video games the only game that I play is candy crush lool
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    In summer there's heaps of things you can do. Swimming fishing hiking mountain biking cricket soccer etc

New Zealand has some pretty isolated spots so there's places you can go for your wife to take part in these things and still preserve her modesty...
    That sounds fantastic, alhamdulillah. :]

Here in the UK it's obviously a little bit different with our summers, and suitable places, times, other arrangements, etc makes things like that a little bit tricky to organise...
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    That's weird

Who invented video games
    hope they suffer

ain't that too extreme? I mean to hope for their suffering .....
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post

ain't that too extreme? I mean to hope for their suffering .....
    lol maybe it is
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri View Post
    That sounds fantastic, alhamdulillah. :]

Here in the UK it's obviously a little bit different with our summers, and suitable places, times, other arrangements, etc makes things like that a little bit tricky to organise...
    Do you arrange these activities with family or is it like she goes out with her friends to participate in (female only) activities?

The first one is important, to spend time doing activities with family. I personally prefer it more.
    But second one is harder to do if you are not an outgoing person prefering to be with the family. And worst of all, having a limited social life.

We can hire places if we want here, for free depending on the sports season. But you gotta be more than 7people or they won't allow you so even if you want to go out playing sports, you can't if there's no friends available.

Winter is harder. So propably some activities indoors with family. I mean if you sit all family playing games together, it's still socializing in a way. You don't ditch your family to sit alone in a corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

most men prefer playing with other men though

and honestly I've gamed with my brothers and its pretty annoying - they get so damn competitive and can't handle it when i win. I would never force my husband to game with me, in fact i'd only do it when hes out the house

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

If you mean League of Legends then no. Thats a noob game.
    If I had to choose moba then Heroes of Newerth is definitely better.

So for you it depends on what type of genre she likes? Interesting...

What do you prefer then?
    JRPGs.

I like Overwatch, MMO and calm-explorative indies.

Having said that, I don't game as much as I used to. Moderation is key!
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2423 Post(s)

I'm not much of a gamer. I like The Sims...and I play WoW every now and again (getting bored of it finally) but that's about it. I don't even play The Sims like I used to.

I like to watch people play games more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    JRPGs.

I like Overwatch, MMO and calm-explorative indies.

Having said that, I don't game as much as I used to. Moderation is key!
    Oh ok I see. I play Overwatch too, but I play CsGo more.

We should not play alot. Moderation in everything, as you said.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brightesthour View Post
    I'm not much of a gamer. I like The Sims...and I play WoW every now and again (getting bored of it finally) but that's about it. I don't even play The Sims like I used to.

I like to watch people play games more.
    Watching gameplays on youtube?

Well, it's the first time I heard of someone getting bored of wow haha. I myself never found it appealing but I heard enough horror stories about that game xD

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aruzo4 View Post
    most men prefer playing with other men though

and honestly I've gamed with my brothers and its pretty annoying - they get so damn competitive and can't handle it when i win. I would never force my husband to game with me, in fact i'd only do it when hes out the house
    Haha that forcing thing was ment as a joke. Sometimes I even prefer playing solo without anyone annoying me.

Some multiplayer games are supposed to be competitive. But getting annoyed cuz they lost is kinda overboard. It's a video game xD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Haha that forcing thing was ment as a joke. Sometimes I even prefer playing solo without anyone annoying me.

Some multiplayer games are supposed to be competitive. But getting annoyed cuz they lost is kinda overboard. It's a video game xD
    Yeah probably avoid the competive games..or let him win occasionally. Don't want him rage quitting on the marriage lol
    Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2423 Post(s)

Watching gameplays on youtube?

Well, it's the first time I heard of someone getting bored of wow haha. I myself never found it appealing but I heard enough horror stories about that game xD
    Yeah and when I was younger and my brother's lived at home I enjoyed watching them play video games.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I sometimes play video games. I have an Xbox. And this thread is hilariously ridiculous
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

AW: If your wife played video games...

You always read about females putting restrictions or even forbid their husbands to play after marriage. But if it was the other way around, basically her forcing you to play with her, would that be alright with you?

And don't say stuff like she should take care of the house. That's obvious and no one cleans the house 24/7 lol. So she basically plays on her freetime when EVERYTHING else is done. Would you be alright if you had a wifey that played video games?If Yes/No/Maybe so, explain why you answered like that.
    Cheers

Is this even a question? that is my 3 criteria,she MUST play video games,and I dont mean 'dress up barbie' kind of games,but violent ones,with war and death and stuff to make your heart pounder lol,or non violent ones,but they should be pretty interesting,like space engenieers or stranded deep.Stuff like that,stuff that makes your brain work,not solitaire or miniclips stuff

Why?
    Because video games are a huge part of my life.I kept my first desktop in the house for years,even though it didnt work.I just couldnt throw it away,it was a part of me.As I mentioned somewhere,games have been with me when nobody else was,and they have led me to awesome destinations,like developing an interest for history,or a fond of rainy weather while driving,I even learnt english from games,etc.The best of my friends were always people I used to play with.
    Gaming unites people in an amazing way.If my wife plays video game we would be 3 times more connected,through Islam,marriage and gaming.That would be a top-notch relationship.I cant imagine how much I will bond with her if we achieve something together on a multiplayer game.There are new games almost everyday and we can also bet on gaming,like,the looser wakes up when the baby cries that night etc.So no way to have a boring day.If I am super mad at her,I dont have to give her the silent treatment,I can just delete her save games.There are so many other benefits playing together brings that would just make me love her more and more.
    And she doesnt have to take care of the house.What will happen to the house if we are both playing or hanging out outside? o.O Nothing

Also because : "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." - Plato

Jummah Mubarak
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Re: AW: If your wife played video games...

Video Games are more entertaining than real life I find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Re: AW: If your wife played video games...

im 24 and not interested in playing games, i dont know if it is the age or just think its a waste of time. But i used to play football, some racing too. Is it halal or haram with all those images of living creatures in video games, and violence sometimes? Can someone enlighten me about these images?