Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

I have issues to study the islamic creed (aqeedah)

I have been trying for years to study the Islamic Creed Series from Sulaiman Ashqar. It's hard to do that. I've already read the first 3 Volumes, but when I look back, I couldn't repeat much out of it. Of course I have understand many aspects, but that's not enough for me, I want to know more. I started to write summaries. However, I always write to much and it's just paraphrasing. It's hard to get the drift.

Do you have some tips what I can do? May be I am too stupid, I don't know. Even back then in school I had not any problems with that, but know it's struggle and frustrating.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Re: I have issues to study the islamic creed (aqeedah)

Quote Originally Posted by islam1433 View Post

I have been trying for years to study the Islamic Creed Series from Sulaiman Ashqar. It's hard to do that. I've already read the first 3 Volumes, but when I look back, I couldn't repeat much out of it. Of course I have understand many aspects, but that's not enough for me, I want to know more. I started to write summaries. However, I always write to much and it's just paraphrasing. It's hard to get the drift.

Do you have some tips what I can do? May be I am too stupid, I don't know. Even back then in school I had not any problems with that, but know it's struggle and frustrating.
    What exactly do you have problems with, concerning Aqeedah?

Which aspect?
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    What exactly do you have problems with, concerning Aqeedah?

Which aspect?
    Memorizing! I always don‘t know what to memorize. The best would be to memorize the whole book, but this is not manageable for me.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3695 Post(s)

Memorizing! I always don‘t know what to memorize. The best would be to memorize the whole book, but this is not manageable for me.
    Are you trying to memorise it in english?
    The book looks like it's several volumes, try something smaller, it might be easier for you.
    Find a teacher as well, because you might be wasting your time without one, they'll tell you what to memorize.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Yes, I try it in English, what is even harder, because it's not I am not native. It has 8 Volumes. It's hard to find a teacher, and even harder to find one where you can be sure that he has the correct Aqeedah. But you're right, learning without a teacher in general is hard.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    751 Post(s)

, bro.

Try to read the glorious Quran with meaning- tafsir and ponder & hadiths inshallah you will get the right Aqeedha when you ask Allah since such a word Aqeedha will not be found any where in the glorious Quran or hadith. Those issues arose when later muslims asked too many questions about Allah , which were not supposed to be asked as the glorious Quran said and Prophet had already WARNED.

So Check your eeman with the 10 nullifiers of eemaan . if that's ok alhamdulilah do not worry too much but see how much Islam you can put into your practical life and see my signature as well. Allah wants to make Islam and EEmaan Easy is seen from the Glorious Quran AND NOT BREAK - BANG OUR HEADS EVEN AT ITS ROOTS, BUT we had burdened ourselves with too many questions which were OUGHT not to be asked. Read the verse 3:7 and follow it and thats the right way.

May Allah guides us all and make us understand Allah's Deen as ought to be understood.,. Ameen
    Last edited by talibilm09; 15-11-17 at 02:37 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim