Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Loss

  1. #1
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Question Loss



    why do we face loss in this world?

    give me some reasons for why we have to feel that
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  2. #2

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Loss

    To make us realise that nothing in this dunya is meant to last

    Everything you have is owned by the owner of all things. Your money, your health, your friends and families.. truly they belong to Allah swt.

    It reminds us of the temporary nature of this world

  3. #3

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Loss

    Sometimes we have to deal with loss in order for us to be more appreciative of what we have

    The human being is an ungrateful creature

  4. #4
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,017
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    908

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post


    why do we face loss in this world?

    give me some reasons for why we have to feel that
    You only need one reason, and that's because Allah عز و جل our creator decreed it,

    Surah Al-Baqarah : Ayah 155

    وَلَـنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَىْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَـوْفِ وَالْجُـوْعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الْاَمْوَالِ وَالْاَنْفُسِ وَالثَّمَرٰتِؕ وَبَشِّرِ الصّٰبِرِيْنَۙ

    And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post


    why do we face loss in this world?

    give me some reasons for why we have to feel that
    Walaikumus salaam waRahmatullahi waBarakatuhu.

    As selfish and self-centred as a humans nature is, would he really understand gratitude if he never lost his gifts? Be honest.

    Quick test: what did you say Alhamdulillah for today? And what didn't you say it for that you should have?

    Allah knows and we know not.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Loss

    I heard a Shiekh say recently that "this could be the best state that you will ever be in" e.g. health, independence, freedom, ability but you still look ahead at what you don't have. This might be the most you will ever have.

    Thought I'd share.

  7. #7
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    28,407
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1265

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Faith reloaded View Post
    Sometimes we have to deal with loss in order for us to be more appreciative of what we have

    The human being is an ungrateful creature
    That's right

    We forget about the blessings but when something bad happens we suddenly remember Allah

    But the question is, is it a lesson for those that are ungrateful because some Muslims might be grateful/ pious but still get tested.

    Is there such thing as getting 'punished' via difficulties in this life?
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  8. #8
    Umm Kulthoom Rumaysah~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,694
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    352

    Re: Loss

    1) because jannah is the place where there is no loss. If there was no loss in dunya we wouldn't strive for jannah neither would we appreciate never losing anything in jannah
    2) to perfect your tawakkul
    3) to wash away your sins because you can't enter jannah with sins
    4) because Allah loves you and Allah tests those he loves
    5) because Allah wants to bring you closer to him
    6) because Allah wants to give you something better than what you lost
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  9. #9
    Umm Kulthoom Rumaysah~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,694
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    352

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    That's right

    We forget about the blessings but when something bad happens we suddenly remember Allah

    But the question is, is it a lesson for those that are ungrateful because some Muslims might be grateful/ pious but still get tested.

    Is there such thing as getting 'punished' via difficulties in this life?
    Those who are pious, their tests give them a higher a status
    Those who are sinners, their tests wipe away sins
    yes there is such thing as punishment in this life through hardships, that's why they say to increase in istighfar when things become difficult. If your punished in this life it's a good sign. Some people sin day and night and only find an increase in blessings, that's because their punishment is waiting for them in full in the akhirah.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  10. #10
    Its fine, take a 38mm noobz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    47,694
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8067 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    729

    Re: Loss

    i am so sad , i just did shopping on alibaba on singles day sale and bought a 3d printed hoodie that cost me $15


    so much loss




  11. #11
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Loss

    So I was thinking why we couldn't be born at the same time and die at the same time

    but then after your replies () it made me remember that we are a test for one another and when someone dies it might hurt but there's a reminder that this life is not our home

    and then when u mentioned about gratitude

    maybe that the laughter and happiness we share with another person are moments of gratitude and not to get too comfortable that u will always be granted them but to stay humble and grateful that u were given a chance to experience them
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  12. #12
    Sky Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    16,527
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    773

    Re: Loss

    We might just as well be born in Jannah. Which is not the case.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


    Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)


  13. #13
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    28,407
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1265

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    Those who are pious, their tests give them a higher a status
    Those who are sinners, their tests wipe away sins
    yes there is such thing as punishment in this life through hardships, that's why they say to increase in istighfar when things become difficult. If your punished in this life it's a good sign. Some people sin day and night and only find an increase in blessings, that's because their punishment is waiting for them in full in the akhirah.
    The latter part is described in the quran. Are there any hadiths talking about this, do you know?

    Some people say about those that get everything in this life, blessings wise that they also come across grateful towards Allah.

    Whereas, another Muslim might be thinking what are they doing wrong that they're not getting anything or their hardship is not being lifted even if it's a little but they are trying their best to please Allah.

    I think that's what confuses me. Or I'm confusing myself lol

    I get people who ask these questions (I think about it at times too) why is it so and so is getting what they want, but it's not like they are bad Muslims from what it appears. Not perfect either.

    Anyway, we don't know who gets up to what behind closed doors, good or bad. But these thoughts can distract you sometimes.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  14. #14
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    28,407
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1265

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    So I was thinking why we couldn't be born at the same time and die at the same time

    but then after your replies () it made me remember that we are a test for one another and when someone dies it might hurt but there's a reminder that this life is not our home

    and then when u mentioned about gratitude

    maybe that the laughter and happiness we share with another person are moments of gratitude and not to get too comfortable that u will always be granted them but to stay humble and grateful that u were given a chance to experience them
    Yes

    The other day switched on this programme and I they were talking about happiness.

    Non Muslims discussing this and it was interesting.

    One of them said she is scared of happiness (I feel the same because her reason was that something will go wrong after and the happiness does not last).

    In a way the feelings like this are a huge loss to us because it feels so good.

    Then one of them said it's more to do with just being content. Something that our religion teaches us right?


    A loss is a reminder to us that we should be alert at all times and be aware of Allah
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  15. #15
    Kuro Tenshi ❂__❂ Kiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,947
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3930 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    624

    Re: Loss

    Because perhaps some of you are impatient?
    I am just a simple nomad.

    Ephemeral reader

  16. #16
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    We might just as well be born in Jannah. Which is not the case.
    Dat would be luvly jubly
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  17. #17
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Because perhaps some of you are impatient?
    Yes truest thing about me

    so what can I do
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  18. #18
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,860
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3804 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322

    Re: Loss

    We are all in loss, this is our default state and our default destination is not a good one, so we need to humble ourselves and turn back to our Lord if we are going to be successful.

    By time,
    Indeed, mankind is in loss,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.


    Quran translation, Surah al-Asr 103:1-3
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  19. #19
    Kintsukuroi RaNdOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    19,131
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    We are all in loss, this is our default state and our default destination is not a good one, so we need to humble ourselves and turn back to our Lord if we are going to be successful.

    By time,
    Indeed, mankind is in loss,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.


    Quran translation, Surah al-Asr 103:1-3
    default destination?

    does this mean it requires no effort to sin but does require effort to obey?

    default destination.... hmm this is making me think a lot now

    isn't default destination whatever was decreed for u in the womb
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

  20. #20
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,860
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3804 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    default destination?

    does this mean it requires no effort to sin but does require effort to obey?

    default destination.... hmm this is making me think a lot now

    isn't default destination whatever was decreed for u in the womb
    Mankind is in loss, All of mankind.
    Then exceptions are given. So to not be in loss in the hereafter we have to try to fulfill these conditions.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  21. #21
    Kuro Tenshi ❂__❂ Kiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,947
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3930 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    624

    Re: Loss

    Make dua, in that way you are still connected to them.

    Giving food to their families can help too.
    I am just a simple nomad.

    Ephemeral reader

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Loss

    16:61
    And if Allah were to impose blame on the people for their wrongdoing, He would not have left upon the earth any creature, but He defers them for a specified term. And when their term has come, they will not remain behind an hour, nor will they precede [it].
    Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

    None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

  23. #23
    Umm Kulthoom Rumaysah~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,694
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    352

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    The latter part is described in the quran. Are there any hadiths talking about this, do you know?

    Some people say about those that get everything in this life, blessings wise that they also come across grateful towards Allah.

    Whereas, another Muslim might be thinking what are they doing wrong that they're not getting anything or their hardship is not being lifted even if it's a little but they are trying their best to please Allah.

    I think that's what confuses me. Or I'm confusing myself lol

    I get people who ask these questions (I think about it at times too) why is it so and so is getting what they want, but it's not like they are bad Muslims from what it appears. Not perfect either.

    Anyway, we don't know who gets up to what behind closed doors, good or bad. But these thoughts can distract you sometimes.
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi 2396

    We may assume those who are blessed are grateful but in reality they are probably just like us. How many of us can call ourselves grateful? I wonder what goes through the mind of those who have no shelter, no food and no security when they see us. They might assume that we are grateful but we know we're not. Those who are truly grateful are a minority of people.

    Al-Qurtubi reported: Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, heard a man saying, “O Allah, make me among the few.” Umar said, “What is this supplication?” The man said, “I refer to the saying of Allah the Exalted: And few of my servants are grateful.” (34:13) Umar said, “All of the people know better than you, O Umar!”

    Source: Tafsīr al-Qurṭubī 34:13
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  24. #24
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    241

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    We are all in loss, this is our default state and our default destination is not a good one, so we need to humble ourselves and turn back to our Lord if we are going to be successful.

    By time,
    Indeed, mankind is in loss,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.


    Quran translation, Surah al-Asr 103:1-3
    This post nailed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    default destination?

    does this mean it requires no effort to sin but does require effort to obey?
    of course to obey is a lot harder ...

    To obey requires effort, patience and sometimes( most of time actually) u experience some kind of discomfort & tiredness in the process of obeying. Because this is where our test lies. Letting go and just follow your desires/ Satan and do whatever u feel like doing is way much easier ..

    Ponder upon the last part of the following verse. It shows that performing Salat isn't an easy matter at all .... not something given to anyone but to those who truly sincere and try their best to be patient in performing it .. they do jihad against themselves in order to please Allah ..Allah help them; those are the winners and to win you need to make effort. Failure way easier than success ..

    وَأْمُرْ أَهْلَكَ بِالصَّلَاةِ وَاصْطَبِرْ عَلَيْهَا ...

    "And enjoin the Salah on your family, and be patient in offering them" 20:132

    This means to save them from the punishment of Allah by the establishment of the prayer, and you also be patient in performing it.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

  25. #25
    Kuro Tenshi ❂__❂ Kiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,947
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3930 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    624

    Re: Loss

    But if it was not, there would be no stories to tell. So while we are alive, let us write the best stories we can by the pen of Allah.
    I am just a simple nomad.

    Ephemeral reader

  26. #26
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    28,407
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1265

    Re: Loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi 2396

    We may assume those who are blessed are grateful but in reality they are probably just like us. How many of us can call ourselves grateful? I wonder what goes through the mind of those who have no shelter, no food and no security when they see us. They might assume that we are grateful but we know we're not. Those who are truly grateful are a minority of people.

    Al-Qurtubi reported: Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, heard a man saying, “O Allah, make me among the few.” Umar said, “What is this supplication?” The man said, “I refer to the saying of Allah the Exalted: And few of my servants are grateful.” (34:13) Umar said, “All of the people know better than you, O Umar!”

    Source: Tafsīr al-Qurṭubī 34:13
    True

    This is a good reminder

    That's another fear, how do you even know if you are showing enough gratitude

    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop