Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Christian - Pagan - Muslim...My conversion story on my 6th annivs. as a Muslim

Salam Alaikum wr wb

This might be the most boring thing you have read,so read it with Morgan Freeman’s voice

Orthodox Eastern.I didn’t want to get up and go to church.What happened to me that night? Going to church was my favourite thing to do.Now I didn’t feel a thing.I still got dressed and went there,thinking this was just a weird day.I took pictures with the priests,met the high priest and agreed that I would start being very active in the community,so in the future I could even be part of the staff,a little disciple.There were two men in two different countries wanting to baptize me.I just had to choose the name and the date.So you can see,things were getting pretty serious.But I would just delay and delay it.I didn’t feel like doing it.The more time was passing the more I felt I didn’t belong there.History was becoming my hobby and I found Catholicism very desirable.When my baptism was forgotten,because the guys started to have issues in their lives,I took this opportunity to become a catholic.But when I finally went to a catholic church I felt a complete foreigner and looked to find something else where I would belong.

There was something I felt since a little kid that I couldn’t reach through these religions.I grew up mostly alone.I would go to school afternoons,so I would see my parents and brother just for a few hours a day.Electriccity would go out everyday and especially when it was raining,the house would be very dark.I was afraid everyday,and would even cry at night from fear.There were these black figures coming to me,I could hear their footsteps as they approached,surely maybe that was only in my head,or maybe they were really jinns,at that time it felt so real.So,I felt the need to reach a supreme being,someone who would keep me safe from these.I became a monotheist myself in that young age.At 7 years old I cut a big cross in my leg with a razor,and I would draw crosses in my notebook.I always believed in one God though,but everyone in my life was following the Christian way,so I followed them too,thinking this was the only way to communicate with Him.

Back to the time after I stopped being catholic.This time I was obsessed praying to a picture of what was supposed to be Maryam ra,my handmade personal idol,and I also believed in some pagan ways. It was going good enough,until I started having problems at school.Guys hated me cuz I was always surrounded by girls and they would always try to embarrass me or even bully me.My grades fell and I started to pick fights,after the first fight my friend changed school,and I continued to change classrooms,but I always had problems everywhere,resulting in a big fight involving many people,it was like a riot lol.I didn’t want to be caught by the police so I ran away.People thought I ran away cuz I was scared,and I lost the respect of everybody,including my friends.I felt like an ant.This picture didn’t help at all.There was only one thing to be done: Creating a religion

I created my own religion,my own vision of God.I would pray like a muslim everyday after school and make a prayer at night before sleeping.I was so happy because whatever I would ask He would give it to me immediately.My life improved so much,I had a great rep in school,was actually friends with the ones who would bully me,and my grades went high again.Then I hear the adhan for the first time in my life.I used to sing it as a song,it was so beautiful,until one day I decided to check about this.I would just play and read it over and over and I felt it inside me:”This is what I always wanted to find.Allah is my God”.I spent months researching about Islam,didn’t want to be driven by feelings.At the same time I become best friends with a guy who,while telling him about Islam,he tells me he is already muslim and goes to masjid,but also went to a “muslim” lady,who “does good”.Well I thought since she is a muslim I should go and see what happens.At the same time another guy was stuffing my mind with conspiracy theories,so I was making connections between them,Islam and Christianity,all I needed now was just something else to seal my belief.

News flash,this lady worked with jinns.This is where I decided to be a muslim.I haven’t seen the scariest things there,but was enough to prove to me that Jinn exists and this was the right path to follow.As for what happened I am not going to write it here as someone may not want to read these kind of things.I can say this guy continued to go there,and now he has completely left Islam.

I fasted the first ramadhan for 3 days cuz I wasn’t ready to tell my parents yet.I was so misinformed I thought salah was 12 rakkah haha.It was tiring but that didn’t stop me,I wanted to go in Masjid but couldn’t alone.Remember that friend I said that changed school? He disappeared completely,guess what,he was converted to Islam from a harsh brokenheart .I found a way to contact him and we agreed to meet before Masjid on Friday.He wasn’t there but I was in front of the masjid,I had to enter,there was no turning back.I was so nervous I even asked a sister at the door how she was doing.Elhamdulillah I didn’t touch her,cuz I thought of reaching my hand for a handshake haha.I never took my Shahada in front of everyone,nobody told me to,maybe because I started having problems with practicing since the first week,so they all weren’t sure what would happen with me I guess.My country had a harsh communism were religion was forbidden.Those who opened masjids again after communism were old people,and now this 16 year old guy comes everyday in masjid with his own choice,crying that his family doesn’t allow him to be a muslim? If I was in their place I would have been very suspicious too.We had many “weird” people coming there,once a lady came and said that Allah had send her to spend the night in the masjid.We had to call the police to take her out.So yeah,I wouldn’t blame them.

After my high school I chose to go in a uni that wasn’t good for me at all,and had to live in bad conditions,but I could be a muslim if I went there,so it was very good.The first year I had to share a house with a girl,but Islam was already conquering my heart,so I literally didn’t even touch her.I wanted to stay chase till marriage.And Allah rewarded me,He then put me near a group of people,amazing muslims,who really changed me completely.Some of these guys left to study in Saudi,they gonna be Imams ma shaa Allah. The others got married,left the country,and I don’t even know where they are.In shaa Allah they are happy and healthy.As for me,I still had to be tested.If you are curious to see how my life is now,check this thread,it’s just a short text.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ase&highlight=

Today its 6 years since I accepted Islam,but I still feel like I am in the conversion phase.I get emotional if I hear the adhan and get tears just by thinking of Mecca.I still have a lot more to experience,like praying taraweeh or eating iftar with another person.I never had a chance to do things like this.But,till Allah gives me the opportunity to do those,in shaa Allah,let me take the Shahada before you as you are my only brothers and sisters I can contact now.So,for the first time in my life before an audience:

Eshedu en la ilahe illAllah, ve eshedu enne Muhammeden abduhu ve resuluh
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Re: Christian - Pagan - Muslim...My conversion story on my 6th annivs. as a Muslim

Salaam,

Masha'Allah that's a beautiful story bro. I didn't know you was a revert but now I know

May Allah bless you.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Re: Christian - Pagan - Muslim...My conversion story on my 6th annivs. as a Muslim

Thanks for sharing your story bro
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2672 Post(s)

This is such a good story and very heartwarming to read thanks bro. May Allah keep you on the straight path ameen!
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Alhamdulillah,it never ceases to amaze me the myriad of ways that Allah chooses to guide people to Al Islam..

I noticed something you mentioned that seems to be common to male reverts in that after trying out the obvious choice of religion(christianity) who kinda made up your own religion for a bit. AbdurRahman Green talks about him doing this and I've heard it from a few others.

Strange how Islam is practiced by so many people and yet it is so alien to many in the west due to the lack of dawah,

I'm also fascinated by things like wars(like US vs Iraq) and terrorist acts(like 9/11) that cause people to look into Islam and they end up converting.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3515 Post(s)

Son.

That was a great story. The experience you've had is amazing.

May Allah make us steadfast on His religion until death.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    Salam Alaikum wr wb

This might be the most boring thing you have read,so read it with Morgan Freeman’s voice

Orthodox Eastern.I didn’t want to get up and go to church.What happened to me that night? Going to church was my favourite thing to do.Now I didn’t feel a thing.I still got dressed and went there,thinking this was just a weird day.I took pictures with the priests,met the high priest and agreed that I would start being very active in the community,so in the future I could even be part of the staff,a little disciple.There were two men in two different countries wanting to baptize me.I just had to choose the name and the date.So you can see,things were getting pretty serious.But I would just delay and delay it.I didn’t feel like doing it.The more time was passing the more I felt I didn’t belong there.History was becoming my hobby and I found Catholicism very desirable.When my baptism was forgotten,because the guys started to have issues in their lives,I took this opportunity to become a catholic.But when I finally went to a catholic church I felt a complete foreigner and looked to find something else where I would belong.

There was something I felt since a little kid that I couldn’t reach through these religions.I grew up mostly alone.I would go to school afternoons,so I would see my parents and brother just for a few hours a day.Electriccity would go out everyday and especially when it was raining,the house would be very dark.I was afraid everyday,and would even cry at night from fear.There were these black figures coming to me,I could hear their footsteps as they approached,surely maybe that was only in my head,or maybe they were really jinns,at that time it felt so real.So,I felt the need to reach a supreme being,someone who would keep me safe from these.I became a monotheist myself in that young age.At 7 years old I cut a big cross in my leg with a razor,and I would draw crosses in my notebook.I always believed in one God though,but everyone in my life was following the Christian way,so I followed them too,thinking this was the only way to communicate with Him.

Back to the time after I stopped being catholic.This time I was obsessed praying to a picture of what was supposed to be Maryam ra,my handmade personal idol,and I also believed in some pagan ways. It was going good enough,until I started having problems at school.Guys hated me cuz I was always surrounded by girls and they would always try to embarrass me or even bully me.My grades fell and I started to pick fights,after the first fight my friend changed school,and I continued to change classrooms,but I always had problems everywhere,resulting in a big fight involving many people,it was like a riot lol.I didn’t want to be caught by the police so I ran away.People thought I ran away cuz I was scared,and I lost the respect of everybody,including my friends.I felt like an ant.This picture didn’t help at all.There was only one thing to be done: Creating a religion

I created my own religion,my own vision of God.I would pray like a muslim everyday after school and make a prayer at night before sleeping.I was so happy because whatever I would ask He would give it to me immediately.My life improved so much,I had a great rep in school,was actually friends with the ones who would bully me,and my grades went high again.Then I hear the adhan for the first time in my life.I used to sing it as a song,it was so beautiful,until one day I decided to check about this.I would just play and read it over and over and I felt it inside me:”This is what I always wanted to find.Allah is my God”.I spent months researching about Islam,didn’t want to be driven by feelings.At the same time I become best friends with a guy who,while telling him about Islam,he tells me he is already muslim and goes to masjid,but also went to a “muslim” lady,who “does good”.Well I thought since she is a muslim I should go and see what happens.At the same time another guy was stuffing my mind with conspiracy theories,so I was making connections between them,Islam and Christianity,all I needed now was just something else to seal my belief.

News flash,this lady worked with jinns.This is where I decided to be a muslim.I haven’t seen the scariest things there,but was enough to prove to me that Jinn exists and this was the right path to follow.As for what happened I am not going to write it here as someone may not want to read these kind of things.I can say this guy continued to go there,and now he has completely left Islam.

I fasted the first ramadhan for 3 days cuz I wasn’t ready to tell my parents yet.I was so misinformed I thought salah was 12 rakkah haha.It was tiring but that didn’t stop me,I wanted to go in Masjid but couldn’t alone.Remember that friend I said that changed school? He disappeared completely,guess what,he was converted to Islam from a harsh brokenheart .I found a way to contact him and we agreed to meet before Masjid on Friday.He wasn’t there but I was in front of the masjid,I had to enter,there was no turning back.I was so nervous I even asked a sister at the door how she was doing.Elhamdulillah I didn’t touch her,cuz I thought of reaching my hand for a handshake haha.I never took my Shahada in front of everyone,nobody told me to,maybe because I started having problems with practicing since the first week,so they all weren’t sure what would happen with me I guess.My country had a harsh communism were religion was forbidden.Those who opened masjids again after communism were old people,and now this 16 year old guy comes everyday in masjid with his own choice,crying that his family doesn’t allow him to be a muslim? If I was in their place I would have been very suspicious too.We had many “weird” people coming there,once a lady came and said that Allah had send her to spend the night in the masjid.We had to call the police to take her out.So yeah,I wouldn’t blame them.

After my high school I chose to go in a uni that wasn’t good for me at all,and had to live in bad conditions,but I could be a muslim if I went there,so it was very good.The first year I had to share a house with a girl,but Islam was already conquering my heart,so I literally didn’t even touch her.I wanted to stay chase till marriage.And Allah rewarded me,He then put me near a group of people,amazing muslims,who really changed me completely.Some of these guys left to study in Saudi,they gonna be Imams ma shaa Allah. The others got married,left the country,and I don’t even know where they are.In shaa Allah they are happy and healthy.As for me,I still had to be tested.If you are curious to see how my life is now,check this thread,it’s just a short text.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ase&highlight=

Today its 6 years since I accepted Islam,but I still feel like I am in the conversion phase.I get emotional if I hear the adhan and get tears just by thinking of Mecca.I still have a lot more to experience,like praying taraweeh or eating iftar with another person.I never had a chance to do things like this.But,till Allah gives me the opportunity to do those,in shaa Allah,let me take the Shahada before you as you are my only brothers and sisters I can contact now.So,for the first time in my life before an audience:

Eshedu en la ilahe illAllah, ve eshedu enne Muhammeden abduhu ve resuluh

this brought tears to my eyes cos your whole path to Islam seems to be led by sincerity allahumma baarik

i hope you always honour and cherish guidance u were given

u lived the first part of ur life born into a family where there was no Islam and Allah swt always had a plan for you that He would grant you guidance and I hope you never lose your rigour or zeal for Islam inshaAllah

Don't feel sad if you feel lonely cos that was the path of many of the prophets where they were not accepted by anyone. But just like the story of Yusuf as explains, you can have years of loneliness and isolation even from the closest of people who are meant to love you. But Allah swt can change anyone's circumstance. You will see most adults give up on this belief but always keep that belief strong inside you cos Allah swt is as you think He is.

Alhamdulillah in this cursed world at least one thing we share is Islam - Alhamdulillah we have been some kind of protection from the evils of this world.

If you notice loneliness if used in the correct way correlates with dependence/reliance on Allah swt. It makes your love purer for Him and everything in this dunya can contaminate that love unless you love for the sake of Allah swt.

Which country did u want to move to?
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Mashallah Tabarakallah.

Allah leads whoever he wants. This is a huge sign of Allahs power. Subhanallah. I loved reading every single word of it.
    I am born muslim so i didn't experience convertion and never saw it in real life. But I really wanted to know how people entered Islam. Mashallah it's so facinating. But instead, I've seen peope de-hijabing and leaving islam. It happens so much, it is so common around me that I actually don't raise an eyebrow anymore. Subhanallah.

Best feeling is when you do something islamic that comes from the heart. The feeling can't be explained. Being forced is not the same thing. Following blindly will not help. If you don't understand your religion, following it will have no meaning. And you entered cuz of your own free will.

I am happy for you brother. May Allah help and guide you through all of your hardships in life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Great story, inspirational to say the least, brother!

Welcome to the religion of peace and tolerance and no fabrication in the name of modernism
    Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

AW: Re: Christian - Pagan - Muslim...My conversion story on my 6th annivs. as a Musli

@Deen95 @eesa the kiwi @LailaTheMuslim @Samsandman @A.Basheer @P1RAT3N @Dr. Blitz
    Thank you very much for reading it and for your kind comments,brothers and sisters.I really appreciate it and I feel happy to know that I have your support.May Allah give you everything you want in the dunya and then gather us all in Jannah.Ameen

@RaNdOm that counts for you too.I always wanted in UK but after brexit I cant anymore.I am trying to go to Germany but if I get that citizenship and find a brother in Australia who could help me settle in,then I will in Australia in shaa Allah
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Re: AW: Re: Christian - Pagan - Muslim...My conversion story on my 6th annivs. as a M

Masha Allah brother. The story was not boring at all.

For me having iftar with family and friends is normal in ramadan. I hope one day you get to open your fast with Muslims.
    Allah took you out of darkness to light. Keep making dua and trying inshaAllah you get to the country you want to go to.