Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Long Time No See

Salam alaikum

When I was sitting waiting for the iqamah after praying my sunnah for Dhuhr yesterday I happened to look over to my right and saw a face that looked familiar but one I didn't see before in that masjid.
    It was a guy that I worked with ten years ago when I was a wild kafir.

I gave him salams and then asked him if he was so and so,He replied in the affirmative,I asked him he remembered me and he thought for a second and then he said yes and ask if i was so and so.

I replied yes and his eyes lit up like he won the lottery. He asked me when i became muslim and I explained.

He remember me from my days of being pretty wild and disbelieving. Most people would figure I was a very unlikely person to accept Islam so he was shocked and amazed to see me at the masjid with a beard praying in front row.

On the way home I had time to reflect how much I've truely changed since I became muslim as I don't like to think about my past life much and try to forget all the evil I have done but sometimes it's good to remember how far I've come as it seems like I still have a long ways to go.

Alhamdulillah for Islam

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3207 Post(s)

Re: Long Time No See

Allah guides whom He wills.

I am experiencing the reverse right now. Meeting or seeing people I used to be like, more practising and bit more steadfast and thinking of how far I’ve fallen.
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EenieMeanie View Post
    Allah guides whom He wills.

I am experiencing the reverse right now. Meeting or seeing people I used to be like, more practising and bit more steadfast and thinking of how far I’ve fallen.
    Iman goes up and Iman goes down,it's the natural cycle of the deen so strive the best you can whether you are up or down

some months i pray all 5 fard in jama'ah with sunnah,witr,tahajjud and extra nawafil as well,other months I only pray fajr in jama'ah and the fard prayers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

AW: Re: Long Time No See

Ma shaa Allah..May we all see each other in Jannah !! ^^
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    898 Post(s)

Re: AW: Re: Long Time No See

The beauty of islam it changes us all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I was not religious as well and I have to agree becoming more religious has made my life so much easier. It made more sense and it gave me a reason to move on as I was close to giving up...

You know that moment when you feel the religion in your heart... You know how your heart sets at ease when you read Quran at night and the relief that you feel. You don't get this kind of a feeling from any other book.

I wish I could achieve that state where I wouldn't worry about "stuff that might happen" as whatever happens, Allah wants it to be that way.

but anyway, thanks for sharing your story with us

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Salaam,

That was a very nice read brother.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Walaikum asalaam

Muslims always get excited when they hear of someones conversion to Islam.

Alhumdulillah you been guided.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    Salam alaikum

When I was sitting waiting for the iqamah after praying my sunnah for Dhuhr yesterday I happened to look over to my right and saw a face that looked familiar but one I didn't see before in that masjid.
    It was a guy that I worked with ten years ago when I was a wild kafir.

I gave him salams and then asked him if he was so and so,He replied in the affirmative,I asked him he remembered me and he thought for a second and then he said yes and ask if i was so and so.

I replied yes and his eyes lit up like he won the lottery. He asked me when i became muslim and I explained.

He remember me from my days of being pretty wild and disbelieving. Most people would figure I was a very unlikely person to accept Islam so he was shocked and amazed to see me at the masjid with a beard praying in front row.

On the way home I had time to reflect how much I've truely changed since I became muslim as I don't like to think about my past life much and try to forget all the evil I have done but sometimes it's good to remember how far I've come as it seems like I still have a long ways to go.

Alhamdulillah for Islam

how did u become Muslim
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]