Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 140
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1

    I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Assalam Alykum brothers and sisters
    I am 22 and been married for over one year and started wearing niqab without eye veil from then as it was an arranged marriage and I was happy to comply when asked if I’ll wear more modest clothes post marriage. I used to wear colorful clothes that were lose fitting and hijab only. (I was brought up in a western country and moved to Middle East post marriage)
    And as promised before the marriage I now wear only lose black abaya, jilbab and a niqab even at home as we live with extended family members.
    And since few months he isn’t happy with the way my niqab is showing my eyes and told me he doesn’t like how other men stare at my eyes
    Alhmadulillah, he sees me in the most beautiful way and told me he wants to keep my beauty just for him.
    And he did explain to me very nicely that it’s said,
    “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

    I tried covering one eye only for a day and it gave me a headache so I stopped doing it. And my husband isn’t happy with me and I feel guilty because I did promise before marriage I’d do it but I’m worried about covering eyes with an eye veil and going about my day. He even bought me a beautiful four layered expensive niqab couple of days back which is making me feel even more guilty because he is really caring and is a great husband.
    Am I doing wrong by not listening to him because I know my body should only be visible to my husband. Should I try wearing eye veil?

  2. #81
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,538
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16462 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    778

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
    I'm speaking to the issue of covering eyes while being in the house.
    You quoted me. I assume you will talk about what I was talking in the post you quoted.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  3. #82
    Muslim
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
    Wa alaikumsalam, you may be right. He could very well be better than all of us. Why doesnt he seek other solutions when he knows the wife is having a hard time due to HIS failure in securing a private environment (house)?
    Barak Allah feek.

    I can see the problem in that , but there are many things to consider. People usually know what they are getting themselves in to. If you agree to such conditions , and approve of wearing Niqaab , then what is the problem? Is it Haram in Islam to live like that? (Genuinely curious , is it prohibited , or just unfortunate?)

    In Islam women should obey their husbands , especially when they call them to piety. Perhaps he knows what is best for him and his family - more so than our possible .. backbiting ?

    Allah knows best

  4. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    You can see the feminism trash in this thread as clearly as the sun during the day.
    feminism-where? I cant see it anywhere here on this post. Hadiths point out the obvious for some.

    It its true that whatever a women does that is more than fard on her own understanding and love for her husband is better for her than the doing the minimum mashaAllah.

    It is also true that Islam does not accept oppression in any form (even against slaves)

    it is also true that women do have rights-that is not feminism nor does it make you a feminist if you want the rights islam has given you.

    is it not true that lowering the gaze is needed (for both sexes) to control fitna?

    is it not true that a husband who forces to his wife to accept hardship that is not required in islam (the eyes I mean not niqab, again difference of opinion) over confronting another brother over his gazing at her thus practically putting the blame on his wife and not the brother is actually oppressive-whether intentionally or tentionally? Someone mentioned fitna of shoes?!

    The sister did state on her post he was angry at her for not covering her eyes making her feel guilty when the sin is not hers to bare (she does wear niqab mashaAllah). Yet he still keeps her with non-mahrams denying her one of the right she is actually owed.

    Men who seek to oppress hate a woman who knows her deen and speaks out against cultural oppression.

    I would rather be beating by my husband for speaking the truth that islam has taught me then hid what I believe is right until the time comes I am corrected with proof- and I have done on many occasions. Obedience to the husband doesn't not overrule the teachings of islam regardless if people wrongly think it should..

    That is not feminism brother.

  5. #84
    Its fine, take a 38mm noobz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    47,694
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8067 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    729

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    covering 1 eye?

    why not cover both?

    covering one would actually make one look like a pirate?




  6. #85
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,669
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    908 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Alot of the people that wear niqaab now show alot more then just their eyes

    Also to the people saying niqaab isnt fardh yes theres ikhtilaaf on it but as someone else said alot of scholars say it is fardh and if no fardh its recommended and all 4 schools of thought promote women to wear niqab
    And theres more evidence in sunnah to wear niqab

  7. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Barak Allah feek.

    I can see the problem in that , but there are many things to consider. People usually know what they are getting themselves in to. If you agree to such conditions , and approve of wearing Niqaab , then what is the problem? Is it Haram in Islam to live like that? (Genuinely curious , is it prohibited , or just unfortunate?)

    In Islam women should obey their husbands , especially when they call them to piety. Perhaps he knows what is best for him and his family - more so than our possible .. backbiting ?

    Allah knows best
    Yes the sister does wear niqab and seems accepting wearing of the niqab full time given her living situation.

    The issue here is not her accepting his requests nor is it doubting his intentions. The fact is he his angry at his wife without cause as she has done nothing haram, he was okay until recently with the eyes open.
    The anger is the red flag here leading to questioning whether its gheerah or oppression-she should not be made to feel guilty when she is not doing anything wrong according to our deen. She is fulfilling the fard in this situation even if difficult with no private accommodation. His anger should be directed at the brothers not lowering their gaze at her not her lack of eye covering.

    If she is able and willing to cover the eyes mashaAllah that would please her husband giving her rewards for fulfilling his request and protecting from the gazing.
    The OP stated the sister asked if she should cover the eyes and if its wrong to not do so-the answer is no it is not wrong. If you read the posts mashaAllah she has altered her hijab considerably to what is was before marriage . She has obeyed her husband to the best of her ability to seek his happiness.
    I imagine obeying this non fard request and causing problems to her heath is worst for her than respectfully explaining its beyond her ability.

    I think that's what I am trying to show here.

  8. #87
    Muslim
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    Yes the sister does wear niqab and seems accepting wearing of the niqab full time given her living situation.

    The issue here is not her accepting his requests nor is it doubting his intentions. The fact is he his angry at his wife without cause as she has done nothing haram, he was okay until recently with the eyes open.
    The anger is the red flag here leading to questioning whether its gheerah or oppression-she should not be made to feel guilty when she is not doing anything wrong according to our deen. She is fulfilling the fard in this situation even if difficult with no private accommodation. His anger should be directed at the brothers not lowering their gaze at her not her lack of eye covering.

    If she is able and willing to cover the eyes mashaAllah that would please her husband giving her rewards for fulfilling his request and protecting from the gazing.
    The OP stated the sister asked if she should cover the eyes and if its wrong to not do so-the answer is no it is not wrong. If you read the posts mashaAllah she has altered her hijab considerably to what is was before marriage . She has obeyed her husband to the best of her ability to seek his happiness.
    I imagine obeying this non fard request and causing problems to her heath is worst for her than respectfully explaining its beyond her ability.

    I think that's what I am trying to show here.
    Assalamu alaykum I see what you are saying.

    First of all , what business is it of ours to investigate someones intentions and internal affairs?

    1) A Muslim women should obey her husband by honouring what he implements.

    I admit , I am not an expert on Hijaab and Niqaab , but there is a hadith of Ibn Abbas regarding the one eye.

    http://niqabimaryam.blogspot.ca/2009...-eyes.html?m=1

    2) Oppression is defined by the Sharee'ah itself. Conforming to Islam is not oppression. Becoming upset at your wife's disobedience is not oppression. Actually , it shows that he cares.

    I believe you are belittling the role of the husband in Islam and the fact that his wife should be obeying him , especially on these matters.

    No one forces you to get married to someone who is requesting you to wear Niqaab, along with living with in-laws. You know what you are getting yourself in to.

  9. #88
    -.-" Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,007
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    474

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    You quoted me. I assume you will talk about what I was talking in the post you quoted.
    You quoted the op who mentioned about wearing it in the house. I assumed you were talking about what the op was talking in the post you quoted.
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

  10. #89
    Umm Kulthoom Rumaysah~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,694
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    352

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    If you've been to some of these muslim countries you would want to cover your eyes an every inch of your body too.
    If he is originally from the middle east, it's not really surprising. Most of you are talking from a westerners perspective and ignoring the cultural factors.
    She accepted these conditions before the marriage, she's happy to do it, she simply asked for advice on how to cover her eyes. She didn't ask for a ruling.
    Some of you make it sound like covering the eyes is equivalent to torture or something, it's not that hard to do in a muslim country.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  11. #90
    Umm Kulthoom Rumaysah~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,694
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    352

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    The Quranic verses do not say to cover the eyes- period

    If a scholar says to cover the eye, that's the scholar's personal opinion, it's not because the verse of Quran says to cover the eye because the verses of Quran do not say to cover the eye or eyes. No offence to the salaf, but a few of the salaf are not Quran or Sunnah and not even ijma that could provide enough of a consensus to be sufficient as an evidence. Besides, the ayah on covering with the cloak is referring to women leaving their homes. There is absolutely no obligation or onus on women to cover their faces let alone their eyes when they are at home, even if non mahrams live there, but if non mahrams really are such a big problem, then really the wife should be living in separate accommodation such as a separate flat or something to allow her some privacy and also allow her husband's nephew some privacy to live in his flat with his mother without any concern about fitnah.
    Of course if you wear niqab outside you're going to wear it inside too if there are non mahram men around.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  12. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Assalamu alaykum I see what you are saying.

    First of all , what business is it of ours to investigate someones intentions and internal affairs?

    1) A Muslim women should obey her husband by honouring what he implements.

    I admit , I am not an expert on Hijaab and Niqaab , but there is a hadith of Ibn Abbas regarding the one eye.

    http://niqabimaryam.blogspot.ca/2009...-eyes.html?m=1

    2) Oppression is defined by the Sharee'ah itself. Conforming to Islam is not oppression. Becoming upset at your wife's disobedience is not oppression. Actually , it shows that he cares.

    I believe you are belittling the role of the husband in Islam and the fact that his wife should be obeying him , especially on these matters.

    No one forces you to get married to someone who is requesting you to wear Niqaab, along with living with in-laws. You know what you are getting yourself in to.
    I agree with you on the point that its up to the spouses to agree upon it. Again though, niqab isn't the issue here-but the covering of the sisters eyes. This was not agreed upon before the marriage as he was happy with her niqab for I would assume by the time factored in the OP 1yr post marriage.
    She hasn't disobeyed her husband in any form, she has considered his request mashaAllah, tried it out, out it to find it gives headaches and stopped. She has dehijabed. The anger is ill founded on his part from a purely Islamic stance,. Culture is irrelevant. The sister isn't the problem here the men who stare are, the husband prhaps cant see that as many men blame fitna on women alone SubhanAllah

    Whatever a husband and wife agree upon is within the confines of their relationship, this was never agreed on her part though.
    MashaAllah the sister has decided to continue to try-but please do not think I am disregarding or be littering the role of the husband, but rather I am pointing out the gender bias within the cultural issues that are so obviously at play here.
    Again It is not fard to cover the eyes so therefore it is not fard to accept the request from the husband. it is needed to lower the gaze-the men obvious aren't-the women is being blamed.
    I hope her husband is a Throbe and some form of head dress as per the Sunnah on his part.

    is it really difficult for men to understand that?

  13. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    If you've been to some of these muslim countries you would want to cover your eyes an every inch of your body too.
    If he is originally from the middle east, it's not really surprising. Most of you are talking from a westerners perspective and ignoring the cultural factors.
    She accepted these conditions before the marriage, she's happy to do it, she simply asked for advice on how to cover her eyes. She didn't ask for a ruling.
    Some of you make it sound like covering the eyes is equivalent to torture or something, it's not that hard to do in a muslim country.
    I do not think it is toture- I would inshaAllah consider the request to cover my eyes to please my husband-especially as you say in the middle east-I might even do so on my own whether or not my husband wanted it. What I wouldn't like and I would say so is to be then shown anger or bad to feel guilty if I couldn't accept it. Again that's the controlling part to me.

    But Allah knows best in these matters.

    the OP did state is it wrong not to, she didn't start out looking for advice on how to wear it, but did in her replies. Its The OP we refer to.

  14. #93
    Thunder and lightning european muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    covering 1 eye?

    why not cover both?

    covering one would actually make one look like a pirate?
    or an illuminati
    And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

  15. #94
    Senior Member Juwairiyyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    Yes the sister does wear niqab and seems accepting wearing of the niqab full time given her living situation.

    The issue here is not her accepting his requests nor is it doubting his intentions. The fact is he his angry at his wife without cause as she has done nothing haram, he was okay until recently with the eyes open.
    The anger is the red flag here leading to questioning whether its gheerah or oppression-she should not be made to feel guilty when she is not doing anything wrong according to our deen.
    She is fulfilling the fard in this situation even if difficult with no private accommodation. His anger should be directed at the brothers not lowering their gaze at her not her lack of eye covering.

    If she is able and willing to cover the eyes mashaAllah that would please her husband giving her rewards for fulfilling his request and protecting from the gazing.
    The OP stated the sister asked if she should cover the eyes and if its wrong to not do so-the answer is no it is not wrong. If you read the posts mashaAllah she has altered her hijab considerably to what is was before marriage . She has obeyed her husband to the best of her ability to seek his happiness.
    I imagine obeying this non fard request and causing problems to her heath is worst for her than respectfully explaining its beyond her ability.

    I think that's what I am trying to show here.
    Where did she say this? I didn't see her implying anywhere that her husband is angry at her.

  16. #95
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    If you've been to some of these muslim countries you would want to cover your eyes an every inch of your body too.
    If he is originally from the middle east, it's not really surprising. Most of you are talking from a westerners perspective and ignoring the cultural factors.
    She accepted these conditions before the marriage, she's happy to do it, she simply asked for advice on how to cover her eyes. She didn't ask for a ruling.
    Some of you make it sound like covering the eyes is equivalent to torture or something, it's not that hard to do in a muslim country.
    Alhamdulillah, only one who been would know, what it is to live these countries. Ukhti of mine, spend one summer there, Alhamdulillah. Normally, she is go out here by herself.
    She narrated, that most of her time she spent it indoor fully covered, as her spouse didn't want her go out by herself,Alhamdulillah. If, she went somewhere, there always have to be mahram escorts.
    The way of life is different and unknown to some of people, what we in here West are used to. Alhamdulillah.

  17. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
    Where did she say this? I didn't see her implying anywhere that her husband is angry at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
    Where did she say this? I didn't see her implying anywhere that her husband is angry at her.
    Assalam Alykum brothers and sisters
    I am 22 and been married for over one year and started wearing niqab without eye veil from then as it was an arranged marriage and I was happy to comply when asked if I’ll wear more modest clothes post marriage. I used to wear colorful clothes that were lose fitting and hijab only. (I was brought up in a western country and moved to Middle East post marriage)
    And as promised before the marriage I now wear only lose black abaya, jilbab and a niqab even at home as we live with extended family members.
    And since few months he isn’t happy with the way my niqab is showing my eyes and told me he doesn’t like how other men stare at my eyes
    Alhmadulillah, he sees me in the most beautiful way and told me he wants to keep my beauty just for him.
    And he did explain to me very nicely that it’s said,
    “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

    I tried covering one eye only for a day and it gave me a headache so I stopped doing it. And my husband isn’t happy with me and I feel guilty because I did promise before marriage I’d do it but I’m worried about covering eyes with an eye veil and going about my day. He even bought me a beautiful four layered expensive niqab couple of days back which is making me feel even more guilty because he is really caring and is a great husband.
    Am I doing wrong by not listening to him because I know my body should only be visible to my husband. Should I try wearing eye veil?

    isn't happy- what does not being happy mean?- upset towards the action not being fulfilled by her. Ok so he has a right to feel anyway he wants about it but he should not show his upset in anyway towards his wife, which he must being doing as she's stated its making her feel guilty that she cant or even if she has no desire to fulfil the his request, as again she is mashaAllah fulfilling what islam states is fard on her so nothing whatsoever to feel guilty about inshaAllah. She isn't wilfully disobedient to him.

    If he felt so strongly about protect honour he should admonish the men doing the gazing (which he may or may not be already doing I accept that) and not making his wife feel guilty either directly or indirectly for she is not to blame for the actions of men.
    That I feel is especially true when she has seemingly happily accepted the loss of her right to private accommodation. When her living situation has already caused hardship for her he is adding even more onto her. Culture over islam in full play here sadly.

    Anyway whatever happens between them is between the spouses, but I do feel it strange when a man will so opening show unhappiness/anger towards their wife over confronting other men over their sinful gazing. A tad cowardly in my opinion, but there it is.

    I cant make my understanding on this post any more clear so I will stop repeating myself now.

    Wa Alaykum Salaam.

  18. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Alhamdulillah, only one who been would know, what it is to live these countries. Ukhti of mine, spend one summer there, Alhamdulillah. Normally, she is go out here by herself.
    She narrated, that most of her time she spent it indoor fully covered, as her spouse didn't want her go out by herself,Alhamdulillah. If, she went somewhere, there always have to be mahram escorts.
    The way of life is different and unknown to some of people, what we in here West are used to. Alhamdulillah.
    Alhamdulillah, the way of life is different that is true- for what it is worth even in India I wouldn't have gone out alone without my husband, in fact I don't go out happily on my own even in the west, I would rather have company (often I do things with my dad), I feel safer that way.

    I accept there is naturally difference- most which are a good thing compared to the west. It is not the way of life that is the problem but the way a spouse goes about a halal action of their spouse. Its sad that any sister is made to feel guilty for displaying what Allah has made halal to show (see the example her husband provided) over the actions of men not having enough control of themselves to lower the gaze. Simply because of cultural norms.

  19. #98
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,538
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16462 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    778

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Not happy=Angry.

    Dat logic.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  20. #99
    Muslim
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    I agree with you on the point that its up to the spouses to agree upon it. Again though, niqab isn't the issue here-but the covering of the sisters eyes. This was not agreed upon before the marriage as he was happy with her niqab for I would assume by the time factored in the OP 1yr post marriage.
    She hasn't disobeyed her husband in any form, she has considered his request mashaAllah, tried it out, out it to find it gives headaches and stopped. She has dehijabed. The anger is ill founded on his part from a purely Islamic stance,. Culture is irrelevant. The sister isn't the problem here the men who stare are, the husband prhaps cant see that as many men blame fitna on women alone SubhanAllah

    Whatever a husband and wife agree upon is within the confines of their relationship, this was never agreed on her part though.
    MashaAllah the sister has decided to continue to try-but please do not think I am disregarding or be littering the role of the husband, but rather I am pointing out the gender bias within the cultural issues that are so obviously at play here.
    Again It is not fard to cover the eyes so therefore it is not fard to accept the request from the husband. it is needed to lower the gaze-the men obvious aren't-the women is being blamed.
    I hope her husband is a Throbe and some form of head dress as per the Sunnah on his part.

    is it really difficult for men to understand that?
    Assalamu alaykum

    I believe that you are giving a disproportionate amount of relevancy towards the husbands anger , and implying that him being upset - in this situation - is Zulm. Obeying your husband is not an option , it is an obligation.

    I will no longer speak about this specific person , because I believe it is backbiting. Not to mention , he's probably a better Muslim than me.

    Let's say I have a wife and the scenario plays out , as follows.

    1) I order her to cover her eyes , because I believe that it is ..
    a) The position of the Salaf , which I have adopted.
    b) More suitable for my wife.

    2) She tries it or does not try it - but ultimately ends up refusing to obey my authority over her.

    My options at this point are ..

    a) Instruct her again.
    b) Refuse to share the bed
    c) Strike her ( avoiding the face or leaving a bruise )
    d) Talaq.

    Please , if you believe I am wrong , disprove me with relevant fatawa, and not personal opinion derived from your conception of Islaam.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 10-11-17 at 03:10 PM.

  21. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

    I believe that you are giving a disproportionate amount of relevancy towards the husbands anger , and implying that him being upset - in this situation - is Zulm. Obeying your husband is not an option , it is an obligation.

    I will no longer speak about this specific person , because I believe it is backbiting. Not to mention , he's probably a better Muslim than me.

    Let's say I have a wife and the scenario plays out , as follows.

    1) I order her to cover her eyes , because I believe that it is ..
    a) The position of the Salaf , which I have adopted.
    b) More suitable for my wife.

    2) She tries it or does not try it - but ultimately ends up refusing to obey my authority over her.

    My options at this point are ..

    a) Instruct her again.
    b) Refuse to share the bed
    c) Strike her ( avoiding the face or leaving a bruise )
    d) Talaq.

    Please , if you believe I am wrong , disprove me with relevant fatawa, and not personal opinion derived from your conception of Islaam.

    Thank you.
    Perhaps Talaq will be the best option for both.

  22. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Asking to do Niqab at home is weird.

  23. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Snippets View Post
    Perhaps Talaq will be the best option for both.
    Agreed!

    ok last message from me on here but-

    “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

    where does it say both eyes are needed? in fact it clearly states halal of uncovering both eyes Alhamdulillah.

    the anger of a man is relevant as unjust anger is a sin in itself.

    If this is how you would truly treat your wife for being unable to fulfil a Sunnah act then that says a lot more about you treatment and view of you wife and fellow sister than it does of her obedience to you. Prophet warned to treat you wife with kindness. You are not a dictator to your family you should be a protector- protecting the women in your life. The best protection is not causing her undue hardship for the sinful gaze of your fellow brothers but defending her honour by confronting those same men to lower their gazes.

    let it be known that it is not illegal in the middle east to uncover the eyes simply because it is not completely an accepted belief of it being fard in all schools of thought (see above about one or no eyes). Forcing a Sunnah act on your wife "because you have the authority to do so" I would say is the best example of oppression- Unjustly causing hardship to her (when she fulfils what is accepted as fard by the fast majority, with clear proof) when she is unable to accept without causing ill health simply because the men around you can not control themselves and you are unwilling to admonish them on behalf of your wife's honour and halal hijab.

  24. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    sorry I replied to the wrong post.

  25. #104
    Muslim
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    Agreed!

    ok last message from me on here but-

    “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

    where does it say both eyes are needed? in fact it clearly states halal of uncovering both eyes Alhamdulillah.

    the anger of a man is relevant as unjust anger is a sin in itself.

    If this is how you would truly treat your wife for being unable to fulfil a Sunnah act then that says a lot more about you treatment and view of you wife and fellow sister than it does of her obedience to you. Prophet warned to treat you wife with kindness. You are not a dictator to your family you should be a protector- protecting the women in your life. The best protection is not causing her undue hardship for the sinful gaze of your fellow brothers but defending her honour by confronting those same men to lower their gazes.

    let it be known that it is not illegal in the middle east to uncover the eyes simply because it is not completely an accepted belief of it being fard in all schools of thought (see above about one or no eyes). Forcing a Sunnah act on your wife "because you have the authority to do so" I would say is the best example of oppression- Unjustly causing hardship to her (when she fulfils what is accepted as fard by the fast majority, with clear proof) when she is unable to accept without causing ill health simply because the men around you can not control themselves and you are unwilling to admonish them on behalf of your wife's honour and halal hijab.
    Jazak Allah khayr

    You are simply wrong , on multiple grounds.

    1) Offering your interpretation of Niqaab and forcing us to follow that opinion is injustice. Perhaps we follow another opinion and we are satisfied with it's authenticity. Mind you , many believe the Niqaab is fardh - and their definitions on what constitutes proper Niqaab differs.

    2) Becoming upset at your wife's rebellion is natural. Being careless is far worse than becoming upset. The Prophet(saws) avoided his wives for an entire month , if I am not mistaken - and they were upsetting him , by asking for more comfort in the dunya.

    3) I was not asking you nor Snippet for what option I should choose. I was displaying the correct format for going about such a situation. The A-D options are the orderly format , employed by the Shariah. Talaq is a final resort , not the initial one.

    May Allah grant us success.

  26. #105
    Umm Kulthoom Rumaysah~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,694
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3698 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    352

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Let's say I have a wife and the scenario plays out , as follows.

    1) I order her to cover her eyes , because I believe that it is ..
    a) The position of the Salaf , which I have adopted.
    b) More suitable for my wife.
    .
    What is this position of the salaf?
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  27. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    For some of the brothers here.

    The best Niqab/Hijab/ dress code is the one that a woman follows of her own volition. Making her do anything more or less, is a fitna in itself. So often I see women take their Niqab off in markets or parks. It gives a much worse impression about them than someone who would not have been in Niqab altogether.
    For so many women I even wonder what the point of Niqab is anyway. I was educated in Pakistan, there were not many Niqabis when I studied, but when I visit my institution now, there are many more, yet, many of them have pictures of them in Halloween costumes, with the Niqab on, who attend out of hours dinners. I wonder, if a Niqabi sister can sit with me and rest of male colleagues at lunch in cafeteria, what is the point of hiding her face?

    You can always tell her what you would like, but, let a woman chose her own dress code and you will know where is she draws her boundaries.

    And covering is not the only reflection of ones character, I learned this over time. Flirt with a Niqabi sister and more often than not she will fall much the same way as a non-Niqabi one.

  28. #107
    Muslim
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1753 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    What is this position of the salaf?
    Assalamu alaykum

    I admit , I am not an expert on the specifics of niqaab.

    1) Niqaab is considered obligatory by many ulama ( Probably the majority )

    2) The specifics of the Niqaab may differ depending on the deduction of the faqih.

    a) There is a hadith from Ibn Abbas and Ibn Sireen , which specifically mention leaving only one eye visible - out of necessity.

    b) I believe scholars like Ibn Taymiyyah (rah) adopted this position ( though I am not absolutely certain on that ).

    I am not implying that those ahadith of the Salaf are the "be all , say all" of this issue - but it is possible that someone would adopt such a position.

    You can read the blog of this sister , who follows that position.

    http://niqabimaryam.blogspot.ca/2009...-eyes.html?m=1

    Jazak Allah khair

    ( re-reading this , I believe my saying of "position of the Salaf" comes off like I have early scholarly testimony. I don't , excuse that mistake. )

    Wa Allahu alam.

  29. #108
    Odan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,728
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1557 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Is the whole point of wearing niqab or burka, to deflect male attention or to follow Allah’s commandments? Because as far as I know, isn’t it mainly for Islamic obligation for the sake of Allah and not to stop men from looking at you, is it not?

    .
    Last edited by nudgetheputri; 10-11-17 at 06:24 PM.

  30. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Not happy=Angry.

    Dat logic.
    Not happy = sad

    Opposite of happy is sad.

    Dat logic.

  31. #110
    Its fine, take a 38mm noobz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    47,694
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8067 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    729

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintchocchip View Post
    Not happy = sad

    Opposite of happy is sad.

    Dat logic.
    not happy doesn't mean sad , it could be undecided.




  32. #111
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,669
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    908 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by nudgetheputri View Post
    Is the whole point of wearing niqab or burka, to deflect male attention or to follow Allah’s commandments? Because as far as I know, isn’t it mainly for Islamic obligation for the sake of Allah and not to stop men from looking at you, is it not?

    .
    They both go together
    Umar ra saw prophet wife
    He didnt want to see her he told the prophet
    And ayat was revealed to cover

  33. #112
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,669
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    908 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Snippets View Post
    For some of the brothers here.

    The best Niqab/Hijab/ dress code is the one that a woman follows of her own volition. Making her do anything more or less, is a fitna in itself. So often I see women take their Niqab off in markets or parks. It gives a much worse impression about them than someone who would not have been in Niqab altogether.
    For so many women I even wonder what the point of Niqab is anyway. I was educated in Pakistan, there were not many Niqabis when I studied, but when I visit my institution now, there are many more, yet, many of them have pictures of them in Halloween costumes, with the Niqab on, who attend out of hours dinners. I wonder, if a Niqabi sister can sit with me and rest of male colleagues at lunch in cafeteria, what is the point of hiding her face?

    You can always tell her what you would like, but, let a woman chose her own dress code and you will know where is she draws her boundaries.

    And covering is not the only reflection of ones character, I learned this over time. Flirt with a Niqabi sister and more often than not she will fall much the same way as a non-Niqabi one.
    Yh maybe for sisters that dont fear Allah and wear it coz they are obliged to by family or school or surroundings

    But sisters who wear it for the sake of Allah would not be flirting and free mixing
    Its just the same as a girl wearing khimar
    Or a brother with a beard n thobe

    If its for the sake of Allah they will act very different to people who are pressured into wearing it

  34. #113
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,837
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    429

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    I was about to say so much stuff and then I hesitated when I realised that it's time I stopped pretending that the brothers on here are interested in implementing Islam. If anyone were the slightest bit concerned about that, then more attention would be placed on why the husband hasn't fulfilled his duty in providing her separate accommodation (such as by separating the house into flats) from the non mahrams so that she can at least move around her own house without risking the sin of khulwa with his non mahram relatives and she wouldn't have to cover except on the occasions when they have non mahram guests from time to time. She is under no obligation to cover her face in her own home let alone her eyes and this is clarified by the hadith in which the prophet (saw) told Asma (ra) that when a woman comes of age then she should cover everything except her face and hands- but it's not like hadiths mean anything so let's ignore that too. Bottom line is her husband has the responsibility for her private accommodation and she has a responsibility to cover everything except the face and hands, though she has willingly chosen to cover the face as well as according to her and her husband's interpretation of the evidences, they deem that to be appropriate.

    If that's not enough for him then let's drop the pretence that this has anything to do with wanting to implement Islam. Even the Islamic evidences tell us do not go to extremes in your religion. If there's reward in fasting, then fast some days and not others and the person who goes to extremes in fasting all the time has ignored the Sunnah. The ayah of Quran tells women to cover themselves with a cloak when they are out of their homes and some scholars say this is done with a headscarf and jilbab which only reveal the face and hands, whereas some say it is referring to niqab so only the eyes are visible in order that women can see where they are going and in the most extreme interpretations by a few will claim that this means to only show the eyes or one eye in order to see where she's going but this husband wants to go to an even further extreme than that just like the man who said he would fast everyday and we all know what the Prophet (saw) said about him- not that hadith evidence holds any importance for you so I don't know why I even bother quoting it anymore. Go with your whims and desires- it's what you're doing anyway.

    The husband just needs a blindfold so that he can't pay attention to who is looking at her and she can live in peace. Btw I wonder what would happen if she wore brown contact lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by nudgetheputri View Post
    Is the whole point of wearing niqab or burka, to deflect male attention or to follow Allah’s commandments? Because as far as I know, isn’t it mainly for Islamic obligation for the sake of Allah and not to stop men from looking at you, is it not?

    .
    If you listen to some people on here, there's no such thing as doing any action for Allah (swt)- obeying the husband is the greater priority and anyone who says otherwise is shouted down as a "westernised feminist". Even the ahadith are feminist now. No wonder the Ummah is such a disaster zone.

  35. #114
    Odan
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,863
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1236 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    120

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    This hadeeth is often quoted as proof of niqab not being obligatory; it is never used as proof that niqab is baseless.

    Why do you misinterpret things?
    You have misinterpreted the sister's post. She never said that the niqab is baseless, and that was not how she used that hadith.

  36. #115
    Its fine, take a 38mm noobz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    47,694
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8067 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    729

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    I was about to say so much stuff and then I hesitated when I realised that it's time I stopped pretending that the brothers on here are interested in implementing Islam. If anyone were the slightest bit concerned about that, then more attention would be placed on why the husband hasn't fulfilled his duty in providing her separate accommodation (such as by separating the house into flats) from the non mahrams so that she can at least move around her own house without risking the sin of khulwa with his non mahram relatives and she wouldn't have to cover except on the occasions when they have non mahram guests from time to time. She is under no obligation to cover her face in her own home let alone her eyes and this is clarified by the hadith in which the prophet (saw) told Asma (ra) that when a woman comes of age then she should cover everything except her face and hands- but it's not like hadiths mean anything so let's ignore that too. Bottom line is her husband has the responsibility for her private accommodation and she has a responsibility to cover everything except the face and hands, though she has willingly chosen to cover the face as well as according to her and her husband's interpretation of the evidences, they deem that to be appropriate.

    If that's not enough for him then let's drop the pretence that this has anything to do with wanting to implement Islam. Even the Islamic evidences tell us do not go to extremes in your religion. If there's reward in fasting, then fast some days and not others and the person who goes to extremes in fasting all the time has ignored the Sunnah. The ayah of Quran tells women to cover themselves with a cloak when they are out of their homes and some scholars say this is done with a headscarf and jilbab which only reveal the face and hands, whereas some say it is referring to niqab so only the eyes are visible in order that women can see where they are going and in the most extreme interpretations by a few will claim that this means to only show the eyes or one eye in order to see where she's going but this husband wants to go to an even further extreme than that just like the man who said he would fast everyday and we all know what the Prophet (saw) said about him- not that hadith evidence holds any importance for you so I don't know why I even bother quoting it anymore. Go with your whims and desires- it's what you're doing anyway.

    The husband just needs a blindfold so that he can't pay attention to who is looking at her and she can live in peace. Btw I wonder what would happen if she wore brown contact lenses?



    If you listen to some people on here, there's no such thing as doing any action for Allah (swt)- obeying the husband is the greater priority and anyone who says otherwise is shouted down as a "westernised feminist". Even the ahadith are feminist now. No wonder the Ummah is such a disaster zone.
    maybe he can't afford separate accomodation.




  37. #116
    ♛ Queen ♛ Meriadoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,460
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    641

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    covering one eye can screw up your depth perception in the long run. not a good idea to do that.

    covering both is your own prerogative.
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

  38. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Yh maybe for sisters that dont fear Allah and wear it coz they are obliged to by family or school or surroundings

    But sisters who wear it for the sake of Allah would not be flirting and free mixing
    Its just the same as a girl wearing khimar
    Or a brother with a beard n thobe

    If its for the sake of Allah they will act very different to people who are pressured into wearing it
    Hence the point, let her decide what she wants to wear.

  39. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    SubhanAllah I wasn't going to post but then I read the brother claiming he would divorce his wife for not obeying claiming to follow the salafi view doesn't even fully understand the ruling of niqab...can you not see that points to a man using is authority for his own personal gain/insecurities.

    Sisters need to know the rulings we will choose to follow as we are the ones who need to stand before the creator and give are reasons for why we decided on the dress we did. As correctly pointed out many sisters dress in the most conservative way through pressure from men- I have seen the results.

    Go to a mixed sex wedding hall (not some I agree with) in india and you will see the wife's who wear abaya or niqab stripping down to reveal saris that are short sleeved and show the stomach and uncovering there head/wearing so much makeup jewels and fragrances. (the men seemly no longer bother on ruling). They all did not understand why I refused to do the same. One Aunty even physically dragged me round the hall to give salam to all of the men. In all that the men always wore jeans and Tees/shirts ( that shows the shape of there "figures") -and not the conservative Sunnah throbe/imamah or even salwar kameez that would have been better.

    If you are forced into it then you aren't doing so because you believe it to be correct simply to "obey" or make your husband feel good/in power.
    As the brother who thinks niqab is fard (I cant disagree as there is difference of opinion-I was going with that stance as I point eyes are halal-ie the rest of the face is fard) pointed out you cannot force someone to accept your school of thought you can simply give your reasons.

    I wear glasses and my lense was too weak of my right eye- the pain its caused me is unbelievable, as it causes your eyes to strain. Maybe its the case that as you are brothers you do not understand the difficulty it is to fulfil that which you are demanding of your wife- now imagine being forced into that difficulty and low vision 24/7- remember the ops situation is she wears even at home.

    those agreeing with the husband have not he should give his wife her own place before demanding more of her and in fact some have made (potentially false) financial excuses for the brother- rereads "expensive niqab" (I couldn't have afforded anything expensive and yet we "just" afforded our own rent and did without unneeded things/limited food/nothing in the home-not even a bed-but Alhamdulillah I was able to stay peacefully without being in hijab 27/7 etc.)
    Yet they aren't thinking of a sisters potential ill health the request will bring her.

    Maybe the love of material stuff is too much for some over the rights of there wife.

    I cant believe the gender hypocrisy at play here. astaghfirullah
    Last edited by Um_Saf; 11-11-17 at 09:52 AM.

  40. #119
    pizza is life
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    alaikum wasalam

    You husband should be more concerned with fulfilling your rights to accomodation before making demands on you as he is clearly not doing that now.
    He should focus on not oppressing you by forcing you to wear hijab 24/7.

    He sounds weak,controlling and insecure.
    You might wanna keep things like this to yourself the weakness in in you not her husband

  41. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

    Some of these replies are ridiculous.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop