Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

Assalam Alykum brothers and sisters
    I am 22 and been married for over one year and started wearing niqab without eye veil from then as it was an arranged marriage and I was happy to comply when asked if I’ll wear more modest clothes post marriage. I used to wear colorful clothes that were lose fitting and hijab only. (I was brought up in a western country and moved to Middle East post marriage)
    And as promised before the marriage I now wear only lose black abaya, jilbab and a niqab even at home as we live with extended family members.
    And since few months he isn’t happy with the way my niqab is showing my eyes and told me he doesn’t like how other men stare at my eyes
    Alhmadulillah, he sees me in the most beautiful way and told me he wants to keep my beauty just for him.
    And he did explain to me very nicely that it’s said,
    “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

I tried covering one eye only for a day and it gave me a headache so I stopped doing it. And my husband isn’t happy with me and I feel guilty because I did promise before marriage I’d do it but I’m worried about covering eyes with an eye veil and going about my day. He even bought me a beautiful four layered expensive niqab couple of days back which is making me feel even more guilty because he is really caring and is a great husband.
    Am I doing wrong by not listening to him because I know my body should only be visible to my husband. Should I try wearing eye veil?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Re: I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

Wa'alaykumsalaam,

Have you tried covering both eyes and seeing if it doesn't give you a headache? If it still hurts despite trying that then maybe you can explain that to him?

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Wa'alaykumsalaam,

Have you tried covering both eyes and seeing if it doesn't give you a headache? If it still hurts despite trying that then maybe you can explain that to him?
    this

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

alaikum wasalam

You husband should be more concerned with fulfilling your rights to accomodation before making demands on you as he is clearly not doing that now.
    He should focus on not oppressing you by forcing you to wear hijab 24/7.

He sounds weak,controlling and insecure.

Thunder and lightning european muslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    alaikum wasalam

You husband should be more concerned with fulfilling your rights to accomodation before making demands on you as he is clearly not doing that now.

Maybe they should go to live in a seperate house.
    Or a cave in the mountains (sarcasm)
    And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9181 Post(s)

But sis if you buy 3 layer niqab you can easily cover both eyes?

(I understand having one eye covered causes headache i yhink covering both wont)
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9181 Post(s)

alaikum wasalam

Why are you trying to cause fitna in her marriage? Taqillah!
    The man has gheerah and its a beautifull trait, may Allah bless the sisters marriage Allahumma ameen
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    The man has gheerah and its a beautifull trait, may Allah bless the sisters marriage Allahumma ameen
    If he had any real sincere gheerah he would not force his wife to live with non-mahrams. What man with gheerah does that?

Never confuse islamic gheerah with jahil cultural oppression and insecure male weakness.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

I don't know if this is gheera.
    She is obligated to wear a niqab in her house, do they live with non mahrams?

If so it is better to find seperate housing.
    Allah does not whish us difficulty but he wishes us ease.

I think it has a lot to do with his character, not a bad thing persé (somewhat controlling).
    But that being said it is their choise and if both agree, then Alhamdoelillah.
    And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

In honesty I don't like niqab with eyes showing as it really does enhance the beauty of the eyes (especially as I see many sisters wearing eye liner/make up!) however there are ways to wear it that minimise how much eye is showing, without comprimizing how much you can see, if that makes sense? I can't really explain it well, i will try to look for a picture, is that allowed?

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9181 Post(s)

If he had any real sincere gheerah he would not force his wife to live with non-mahrams. What man with gheerah does that?

Never confuse islamic gheerah with jahil cultural oppression and insecure male weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by european muslim View Post
    I don't know if this is gheera.
    She is obligated to wear a niqab in her house, do they live with non mahrams?

If so it is better to find seperate housing.
    Allah does not whish us difficulty but he wishes us ease.

I think it has a lot to do with his character, not a bad thing persé (somewhat controlling).
    But that being said it is their choise and if both agree, then Alhamdoelillah.
    Well excuse me, im skipped over OP twice and i didnt read that part, anyway maybe he has an excuse or reason, and maybe he is looking for another place Allahu alam

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
    In honesty I don't like niqab with eyes showing as it really does enhance the beauty of the eyes (especially as I see many sisters wearing eye liner/make up!) however there are ways to wear it that minimise how much eye is showing, without comprimizing how much you can see, if that makes sense? I can't really explain it well, i will try to look for a picture, is that allowed?
    Yea true it draws all attention to the only thing thats still showing which is the eyes.. i also preffer 3 layer (if i would be allowed to wear it) but i mean as i see it on other sisters

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Tricks of the sjajtaan.

Wearing a niqab but putting on eyeliner or make up.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Well excuse me, im skipped over OP twice and i didnt read that part, anyway maybe he has an excuse or reason, and maybe he is looking for another place Allahu alam
    He Should've looked for a new place BEFORE getting married,oppressing his wife in this manner is a serious manner

Too many muslim men try to justify oppressing women by saying it has something to do with Islam or by hiding behind their jahil kufr culture,

It's a disgusting trait for a man to oppress a woman in any way,true mark of a weak coward

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9181 Post(s)

He Should've looked for a new place BEFORE getting married,oppressing his wife in this manner is a serious manner

Too many muslim men try to justify oppressing women by saying it has something to do with Islam or by hiding behind their jahil kufr culture,

It's a disgusting trait for a man to oppress a woman in any way,true mark of a weak coward
    Yes true but lets assume the house he had burned down or smt we shouldnt make bad assumptions about other muslims

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

It's a false perception.
    If a woman has attractive eyes covering her face does not make her eyes more attractive,if I woman has average eyes covering the face does not make her eyes suddenly more attractive.

A woman that is wearing eye makeup and wearing niqab is devoid of taqwa and I assume she is wearing niqab for reasons other than piety like social pressure or oppression and control from her husband.

Niqab is not wajib by ijma and is sometimes used as a tool for control and oppression of women by men.

there are men who would attempt to saddle their wives like donkeys and ride them to the market ,when asked why they would attempt to twist
    the deen to justify this. Beware of them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)

Yes it very much is a false perception, but a lot of fitnah is. It doesn't beautify her eyes per se, but draws attention more to them. I remember a fairly aged man telling me (he was asking me about hijab) that he had been on holiday in Tunisia and everyday a woman dressed head to toe in black would come to their hotel. He was initially shocked by this as he hadn't seen this before in the West, but found himself waiting for her as her shoes became very attractive to him. They were not black and really stood out, attracting attention. I always tell sisters who wear niqab (especially if they are all in black or one particular colour) that they need to take particular care that their shoes/handbag/rings if they wear them do not attract attention.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by european muslim View Post
    Tricks of the sjajtaan.

Wearing a niqab but putting on eyeliner or make up.
    4real

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9181 Post(s)

Yes it very much is a false perception, but a lot of fitnah is. It doesn't beautify her eyes per se, but draws attention more to them. I remember a fairly aged man telling me (he was asking me about hijab) that he had been on holiday in Tunisia and everyday a woman dressed head to toe in black would come to their hotel. He was initially shocked by this as he hadn't seen this before in the West, but found himself waiting for her as her shoes became very attractive to him. They were not black and really stood out, attracting attention. I always tell sisters who wear niqab (especially if they are all in black or one particular colour) that they need to take particular care that their shoes/handbag/rings if they wear them do not attract attention.
    Very good reminder sis we tend to want to buy cute purses and shoes and see no harm in it, but it stands out

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

It is a real effect for sure like when you see a flock of pigeons and all of them are the normal grey except one all white pigeon. It draws the eye for standing out,

It's why I question the wisdom of wearing niqab in some countries, when is not legislated, when the majority of woman do not wear it
    ,some do it just to stand out which is defeating the original intent all together.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    912 Post(s)

You're overreacting and going off on a tangent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

I am surprised that a man who insists on niqab and now even closing the eyes is okay keeping his wife in a house with non-mahrams, Where she cannot even stay without the simple hijab. I wouldn't be okay with this ( but then I wouldn't be okay living with non-mahrams full stop for obvious reasons.) If he wants to protect his wife and have gheerah he would given her their own place as is her right inshaAllah. I agree with other its slightly oppressive keeping you in this manner.

On the other side, as far as I know (please correct if I am incorrect) I think if it affects your health then it is not something you should do, as health is important and the Sunnah of covering eyes (although a good thing) is not fard so there is nothing wrong in not covering. You are already respecting him by covering you face mashaAllah (something that many also believe is not fard but I am aware there is difference of opinion on this). Given your living situation that in itself must be very testing on you, I cannot imagine wearing hijab 24/7.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

I agree to the fact that he should provide her with separate accommodation, but maybe they don't have enough money? Allahu A3lam, there may be a reason for them not to live separately. If she felt oppressed wouldn't she ask for advice on that?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sapphire View Post
    I agree to the fact that he should provide her with separate accommodation, but maybe they don't have enough money? Allahu A3lam, there may be a reason for them not to live separately. If she felt oppressed wouldn't she ask for advice on that?
    Yes I agree they may have financial reasons but then he is expecting more than just the fard of her where by she is forced to be completely covered even at home. The fard alone is difficult enough in her current situation.
    Also some sisters are not aware that they are able to ask for their own accommodation (how many automatically move in with the inlaws as per the culture?) We do not know the circumstances surrounding her living with non-mahrams but we do know that it is very strange to give the eye request given the living situation isn't exactly 100% halal (in my opinion).

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks(veils) all over their bodies(i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is the Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 33:59)”

Even that which he used to show her to cover more shows its not fard to cover the eyes (especially given its causing health issues for the sister.) Allah knows best.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2044 Post(s)

This.
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneNiqabiMuslimah View Post
    I am 22 and been married for over one year and started wearing niqab without eye veil from then as it was an arranged marriage and I was happy to comply when asked if I’ll wear more modest clothes post marriage. I used to wear colorful clothes that were lose fitting and hijab only. (I was brought up in a western country and moved to Middle East post marriage)
    And as promised before the marriage I now wear only lose black abaya, jilbab and a niqab even at home as we live with extended family members.
    And since few months he isn’t happy with the way my niqab is showing my eyes and told me he doesn’t like how other men stare at my eyes
    Alhmadulillah, he sees me in the most beautiful way and told me he wants to keep my beauty just for him.

I tried covering one eye only for a day and it gave me a headache so I stopped doing it. And my husband isn’t happy with me and I feel guilty because I did promise before marriage I’d do it but I’m worried about covering eyes with an eye veil and going about my day. He even bought me a beautiful four layered expensive niqab couple of days back which is making me feel even more guilty because he is really caring and is a great husband.
    Am I doing wrong by not listening to him because I know my body should only be visible to my husband. Should I try wearing eye veil?
    و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

Sister you should tell him that it's difficult for you to cover your eyes and it's giving you headache !

If he insist then tell him to cover his eyes and I'm sure he will not stay like 5 min !

Islam is the Religion of Ease not a Religion of hardship as Allah SWT said :

("Allah intends for you ease, and does not want to make things difficult for you") Quran 2:185
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

try sunglass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

alaikum wasalam

I feel so bad I made it seem like he was not treating me well. Ya ALLAH, forgive me for misleading you brother. I think I did a bad job of not explaining extended family. It's a big ancestral home and his ammi jaan and elder brother and teenage nephew live in the same house as his sister in law passed away many years ago. So he isn't mistreating me and that's why I felt bad for not obeying him.
    Thank you very much for taking time to reply to me!

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9433 Post(s)

I am a niqabi but husband is asking to cover eyes too

Communicate your concerns to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Wa'alaykumsalaam,

I really have not tried it yet. I will try eye veil for a few days and if it doesn't seem to work I'll try talking about that. Thank you for this advice brother. I just wish there was some sister here who uses the eye veil so I could ask how long would it take to give it a proper chance, whether just a couple of days will do or will I need to try for a few weeks and then decide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    try sunglass
    haha thank you for making me laugh sister even when I am worried!!

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

I really have not tried it yet. I will try eye veil for a few days and if it doesn't seem to work I'll try talking about that. Thank you for this advice brother. I just wish there was some sister here who uses the eye veil so I could ask how long would it take to give it a proper chance, whether just a couple of days will do or will I need to try for a few weeks and then decide?

Dear ukhti, I understand your problem, as I wear niqab myself. I think, the one, problem what I found is quality of fabric. Some are, just so bad, they don't even let you breath or see properly. When, you find one, it isn't problem at all, just few days and you are custom to it, In sha'Allah. Try to get good quality one, 3 layer niqab, I got mine from Saudis, Alhamdulillah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I have violet blue eyes and people stare because it isn't common where we stay which I thought was a boon earlier is now a bane honestly. And I don't use makeup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Thank you everyone for being there for me and letting me a chance to talk to someone. It meant a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post

Dear ukhti, I understand your problem, as I wear niqab myself. I think, the one, problem what I found is quality of fabric. Some are, just so bad, they don't even let you breath or see properly. When, you find one, it isn't problem at all, just few days and you are custom to it, In sha'Allah. Try to get good quality one, 3 layer niqab, I got mine from Saudis, Alhamdulillah.
    Shukran Allah walhamdu lillah finally a sister who wears it! And is it ok if I ask some questions? At what age did you start wearing niqab? How long did it take to get used to it? I think what my husband bought for me was called '4 layer butterfly Saudi face veil' on the package. So hopefully I have a good one and I can push back the top layer when I try it.
    Allah give me strength to try this!

On Break
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1268 Post(s)

Yep. I encountered this exact experience, where a non-Muslim guy approached me because he thought I “looked nice” because my “shoes and purse were all matching.” I found this very strange, as having not been Muslim or covered in the past, that is the last thing most men will notice. Having said that, there is only so much you can do. The shoes and bag were nothing special, plain color and flats with covered feet.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

I don't like this at all. The Prophet (saw) ordered women in a hadith that in front of unrelated men, the women are obliged to cover and not show more than the face and hands. Aside from that there is difference of opinion on the ayah regarding covering as some schools of thought say it only obliges the head covering and jilbab whereas others say it obliges the covering of the face as well but leaving one or both eyes still showing. There is no ayah or hadith or any Islamic evidence which suggests Muslim women should cover their eyes. If in spite of that you still want to choose to do that for your husband then that's up to you- my personal opinion is that he's wrong to insist on this and if other men are giving you unwanted attention that is their sin not yours and you shouldn't be penalised for it. As others have said if your shoes or height or other aspects become a fitnah for men, then what? you stop leaving your house altogether? That is not Islam. If men are giving you the wrong sort of attention he should confront them, not you.

Anyway as you seem quite willing to try this then the niqabi sisters can inshaAllah offer suggestions on how to do this whether that means getting a layered niqab using a good fabric, wearing a burqa or wearing sunglasses or whatever else, but if those don't work for you, then you should really draw a line and he should show some concern for your health, not literally give you a headache over this.

Thank you everyone for being there for me and letting me a chance to talk to someone. It meant a lot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Agreed - I find it rather paradoxical when a niqabi is carrying a eye catching handbag or shoes - it deceives the very primary reason of niqab

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Confused about something here -

A. Your husband knew what your eyes looked like at the very least before marriage
    B. He knew the accommodation he was going to provide

C. Why on earth didn't he specify the eye veil then ?

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Shukran Allah walhamdu lillah finally a sister who wears it! And is it ok if I ask some questions? At what age did you start wearing niqab? How long did it take to get used to it? I think what my husband bought for me was called '4 layer butterfly Saudi face veil' on the package. So hopefully I have a good one and I can push back the top layer when I try it.
    Allah give me strength to try this!
    Wa iyyaki dear ukhti
    I have been wearing niqab now almost 6 years, Alhamdulillah. My very 1st niqab was, this non-breathable, Subhana'Allah, which family member bought it from Qatar. I remember the very 1st day, I went out with it, I thought, I'm dying, where is all the air,lol. All those years, I was longing for that moment, and this is happening. I was making dua and in tears. It was so upsetting. Getting headaches and dizzy.
    Alhamdulillah, I went to my local Islamic clothes shop, brother had some good Saudi niqabs. There isn't comparison with quality, Subhana'Allah. When I changed my niqab, Subhana'Allah everything was so much easier. After, that I haven't had any problems with niqab, Alhamdulillah.
    Terms to get use to wearing it, it was matter of days, Alhamdulillah.( I was making Istikhara, before staring to wear it.)
    Ideally, you should have few spare ones, (laundry and etc. reason)

May Allah SWT make it easy for you and give you sabr, Ameen.