Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Specific verses for ruqyah?

Asalaam alaikum

I know there are certain verses and ayahs for ruqyah for sihr and evil eye. As Muslims we believe there is a healing in the quran. Is it ok to read a certain ayah and blow over yourself if you feel that ayah would help you or relates to your case?

Also I have seen some places it says for certain problems to read a certain ayah/surah. This is not backed by hadeeth. I find it confusing if this would be allowed or not.

Thunder and lightning european muslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Re: Specific verses for ruqyah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mintchocchip View Post
    Asalaam alaikum

I know there are certain verses and ayahs for ruqyah for sihr and evil eye. As Muslims we believe there is a healing in the quran. Is it ok to read a certain ayah and blow over yourself if you feel that ayah would help you or relates to your case?

Also I have seen some places it says for certain problems to read a certain ayah/surah. This is not backed by hadeeth. I find it confusing if this would be allowed or not.
    Assalamu aleikum.

Indeed there is healing in the quraan.
    As for backing with hadeeth for specific verses i think you won't find much if maybe for the last two chapters and ayat al koersie.

The reasoning of using specific verses is very logical however and it has been used bay ruqa over the years.
    For exmple when a person is afflicted by ayn, we use verses in the quran that speak of looking or anything that has to do with the aspect of seeing.
    the first few verses of surat al mulk for example.
    another example is when someone is suspected to have had evil eye on him because of his looks, we recite the verses of surat Yusuf where the prrophet Yusuf as entered the room and all the females were in awe of his beauty.
    when eaten sihr is suspected we recite the ayats where sihr is mentioned and some of the verses where the food of hell is mentionned for burning and destroying that sihr and jinn who protect it.

For aseq jinn we recite the ayat which mention fahshaa and adultery and for example the first few ayat of surat al noor that talk about the punishment by flogging. (azzaniyatu wa zaani....)

And so on...

Remember that even reciting the ruqya and quran is a sabaab and Allah is the one who heals.

Why would you need a hadeeth to recite the quran or proof to recite certain ayat?
    I believe this is just waswaas.

Allah is sufficient for our needs.

Wa salaam
    And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault