Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Are you fanatic?

Assalamualaikum,

honestly, when I speak to Christian, I get almost everytime asked this question. I answer: "I am just normal Muslim", sometimes I asked for definitions. What is that? Do they associate with fanatic something like a member of a terror organisation?

What would you answer?

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9428 Post(s)

Are you fanatic?

I'd say yes, I am. Watch your back.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Re: Are you fanatic?

Quote Originally Posted by islam1433 View Post
    Assalamualaikum,

honestly, when I speak to Christian, I get almost everytime asked this question. I answer: "I am just normal Muslim", sometimes I asked for definitions. What is that? Do they associate with fanatic something like a member of a terror organisation?

What would you answer?
    I'd tell them yes, and make a bunch of terrorist jokes.

I've made almost every kafir I've met think I'm insane.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Interesting, and do you think, that this will help us in dawa that kufaar think Muslims are insane? I mean when you get asked such a question, you're generally representing the religion.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9428 Post(s)
    Interesting, and do you think, that this will help us in dawa that kufaar think Muslims are insane? I mean when you get asked such a question, you're generally representing the religion.
    It's a stupid question. Such questions pretty much disqualify someone from a serious discussion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Yes, but they don't know better. Media does their homework. People just can't imagine that when you a serious Muslim, that you're a helpful and kind person.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2089 Post(s)

They're probably asking a genuine question from a place of ignorance. It's an opportunity to educate albeit a little tedious.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9428 Post(s)
    Yes, but they don't know better. Media does their homework. People just can't imagine that when you a serious Muslim, that you're a helpful and kind person.
    Think whether what you're doing is dawah or just a spineless need to be accepted. A Muslim should have some self respect and not have to entertain disrespectful or mocking questions from disbelievers.

1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)

who cares what non Muslims say!

Let's fix ourselves we Muslims, then everything esle will fall in place, and know who are we. It's we who keep confusing others sometimes. In this day and age we need to focus on Muslims more IMO

what makes me sad is when Muslims consider a Muslim who follows his/ her Islam to an A a fanatic.

Plz fellow Muslim If u lack at some Islamic obligations/ struggling to be commitment to them , not raised up doing them, ignorant about their rule / adopting certain opinion on a minor matter of Islam ( not core matter as Aqeeda) which scholars have different opinions about. Don't go around calling other Muslims fanatic for adopting different opinion ..etc Learn your religion

I was in Dubai once and wearing abaya on my head .. two Muslim men from certain nationality were walking behind us and they speak language but saying Saudi Arabia Islam abaya haha laughing .. It's kinda they saying we fanatic for wearing abaya^^ lots of muslims ignorant about their religion they maybe think it's Saudi custom and think high of themselves duh

I can go on and on on with examples as It's written for me to witness lots of such situations lol
    Last edited by myeverything; 07-11-17 at 07:00 PM.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Think whether what you're doing is dawah or just a spineless need to be accepted. A Muslim should have some self respect and not have to entertain disrespectful or mocking questions from disbelievers.
    +1
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    684 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dsr478 View Post
    I'd tell them yes, and make a bunch of terrorist jokes.

I've made almost every kafir I've met think I'm insane.
    Great da'wah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Most of us life in the west. To a certain aspect we need to be accepted for a peaceful living together. Doesn't mean you need to adapt to their kuffar way of living but at least not make fun when they come with such a question. I see a potential, when they see we normal people not like media always claims bad, they get interested in Islam. Sometimes I watch videos of brothers on the street who are "defending" Islam. I mean what they say is true and inshaAllah they will get reward, but what is the hikmah behind to get aggressive and threaten the kafir with death because he is ignorant and don't want to understand. With that behaviour we are just conforming their ideas - and shouldn't be our aim.

And yes, everyone needs to work on himself.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    Great da'wah.
    Most these guys are a lost cause, I give dawah to those who actually seem like they'd be open to Islam.

Topic of Islam has come up, I tell them why I believe what I do, and that's that. They can't prove me wrong, but they still deny Islam.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)

Assalamualaikum,

What would you answer?

well i would find that really interesting cos that auto means they are easily influenced since it's the media that has brought about this perception within them. If they can be influenced one way they can be influenced another and which side of the fence they choose to sit after you've explained what a true fanatic is, speaks volumes about them as an individual.

Some people would interpret it as a passion whilst others would interpret it as an unhealthy obsession. It's their own values coming through. When u have a trustworthy person who disagrees with u, u have an opponent that needs to be shown logic or whatever value appeals to them to see sense in the matter. They don't have to agree but they should defo respect.
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1297 Post(s)

It's a stupid question. Such questions pretty much disqualify someone from a serious discussion.
    Yes. Seems very much the kind of question you'd ask a person when there's something untoward in your motive... Despite that, sometimes a person may start off with that ill intention and then be drawn in by what you say or how you react (not always of course).

There are some good brothers who can and do laugh such things off and switch it around as a chance to give a bit of da'wah (Alhamdulillah).

How many people were very, very hostile towards Islam and Muslims but an interaction with a Muslim, or some seemingly small thing they observed about Muslims led to them being changed completely (by the permission and kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa.)?

Subhaanallah. We don't know what effects the actions of ours may have. Imho, it would normally be better to try to plant some sort of seed in their mind at the very least instead of reacting the way they want or expect.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Dude, the kafirs that ask this question are not interested in Dawah.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)

This kaafirah once asked me if she could call me terrorist as a joke
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

salaams to all

the problem is that non muslims in the west have been led to believe that a "normal" muslim is the moderate/liberal kind of muslim who just basically muslim by name only.
    so when they see a practicing muslim, they automatically think u are a fanatic or extremist.

so u need to ask them what do THEY know about what a muslim believes & what does the practice of Islam entail.
    see whats their idea of a muslim.

then u can begin clarifying what we believe, esp regarding appearance, dress, 5 daily salaah & halaal food etc

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

When I first converted my sister's friend asked me about Islam and he seemed okay with it when I was talking to him. Maybe a week later I was sitting with my sister and she was speaking to him over the phone and she had the call on speaker. He mentioned my name and said I was an extremist, radical, etc. My sister's friend's mother saw me wearing niqab and although she was smiling and friendly when I was speaking to her, she went and told my sister and her daughter about me making all kinds of faces. Just the other day I was speaking to my mother about Saudi Arabia and she mentioned the status of women in the country. I explained my opinions and she got angry and said I was backwards and twisted. She was open in expressing her thoughts because she knows me and doesn't care if I get offended. I could go on and on with more examples like this.

Don't think that kuffar will be tolerant of your views if you are polite in your dawah. I am definitely not saying you should be rude, but don't expect kuffar to see Islam in a positive light just because you mention a couple of points they tend to like. Yes, some end up converting to Islam, but I can't think of one kafir who viewed and treated me in the same way prior to converting. Only one comes to mind and her intentions weren't pure. I got to hear about how some who were nice to my face were talking badly about me in private because of Islam. The those two I mentioned earlier aren't the only ones. I hope you guys realize kuffar associate fanaticism with being a Muslim. The "Muslims" they like are liberals who hold the same views as them. You're not going to be accepted in western society through dawah.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Assalamualaikum,

What would you answer?
    My Nanima said Muslims mustn't keep fan in the attic

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Assalamualaikum,

What would you answer?
    Yes basically they are asking if your a Terrorist,

Just tell them, their Bible condoned Mass Genocide (killing of men, women, children, animals and Everything that breathes) the likes of which makes Hitler a joke.

And watch as they have a mental breakdown.

Lol
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I don't think so that every Muslim is terrorist and not every organization is involved in terrorism. Muslims are also normal people like Western Countries and Americans. So, We should correct them instead of taking it in funny way.

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    815 Post(s)

Fanatic is non-boot licker IMHO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I'm a Fantastic

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

And I am a Cooltastic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Assalamualaikum,

What would you answer?
    walikum salam.

answer them that true muslims following real Islam from the roots are not fanatics nor resort to terror. Its anti islamic to do so.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim